Withdrawal Gabapentin

Posted , 2 users are following.

I took gabapentin for 3 weeks and on the doctor's recommendation I stopped it I still have strong reactions such as severe headache for 11 days. What should I do? Do not give up with anything. Is it withdrawal or adverse reaction?How long should the headache last?Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have been on Gabapentin 100 mg 3xs a day for neck and back pain and then stopped for a year.

I resumed a few months ago at the same dose. Pain increased so the upped the dose to 300 3xs a day.

I have been having headaches for a month off and on and thought it was sinus related.

This week I started having eye movements and pain behind my eyes, am jittery and anxious.

So my PCP prescribed 100 mg 3xs a day to help me wean off of it.

Stopped the midday dose 3 days ago, today I woke up extremely dizzy. I need to get off of this stuff!

How are you doing now? I hope the headaches have stopped.

• Edited

I still have a headache, I made an appointment with a neurologist. I can't stand the pain anymore, all this is due to a doctor who prescribed me gabaran from a treatment mistake. That's it ... I have depression and he gave me the medicine for anxiety. Big mistake. Now I have some terrible head from September 4 and so far.I tried with any analgesic medicine but it doesn't work, someone told me about sumacta but without prescription i can't take.

• Posted

To be honest I'm scared to death!With this headache.Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.