2 more group sessions left......

Posted , 6 users are following.

Two more group counselling sessions left and im determined to finish them.Have gained nothing apart from meeting good people in the group which has to be a positive.......

Then its back to the GP to see where i go next.........????

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

David, that's a wonderful attitude! smile Meeting good people in the group is definitely positive.Wishing you the best of luck xx
    • Posted

I believe it`s the only attitude to have Tinkara biggrin It really is the only positive to take from the group

Thanks for your good wishes x

• Posted

hi in wot way havent u gained anything? julie
    • Posted

The sessions seem very general as " one size fits all"

No scope to talk on a one to one.Some stuff is too personal to share in a group of strangers Julie

• Posted

unstandable! i know just were your coming from i go to groups! have u thought about talking to the main person reguarding wanting one to one?
    • Posted

No i hadnt given that any thought.... the whole session just seems a little rushed and i wouldnt feel comfortable to ask them direct
  • Posted

Hi David, Try to be positive for the last 2 sessions even thou you feel it's not helping much. You would benefit more from one to one Counselling has i have said before. Best of luck. Elizabeth
    • Posted

Im trying Elizabeth.....

not easy as you know but im just waiting for the possibility of individual counselling

• Posted

Only two more left!!  Now, are you excited about this or anxious about leaving?  Meeting people who are dealing with some issues you are dealing with is all good, but if leaving the group is going to be a set back, perhaps take the time you have left and see if anyone else is joining antoher group that you may select to do as well, or perhaps set yourself up with a one on one therapy session(s) through your GP.  Have them refer you to a therapist.

It can seem overwhelming when you stop your sessions so if you even get a number of a few people who are currently there, perhaps you can find solace in calling upon one or two of them if you have those moments you are feeling quite lonely.  Just a thought.

Anyway, I wish you well and hope you're on the mend!

Frustrated

• Posted

Excited about leaving as i dont see the point....

Thats my outlook generally so i think a therapist is my next approach

I shall be visiting my GP again as soon as possible

• Posted

Hi there David.  Shame the group sessions have not helped you but well done on attending them all.  You could have given up, but you did not so that shows how strong you are.  I remember when I came out of psychiatric hospital I felt absolutely lost with no support at all.  I asked to go back daily for group sessions so I did not feel so alone. 

I hope you find a good counsellor.  did not help me personally as I saw quite a few, but it works for a lot of people.  I am glad you are going back to GP.  Let us know how you get on.  We are all diufferent, and what helps one person does not always help all.

Take care.

• Posted

Thanks Anne

I hope to find a good counsellor and maybe i will benefit from it ?

Time will tell i guess ???

• Posted

If you don't mind, David, let us know how things are going with you, okay?

Frustrated

• Posted

Things are much the same but thankyou for asking....

I have another session Friday to endure for a couple of hours.

• Posted

Are you going to the same sessions?  When is your one on one meeting with the doc?  Life is good, and then it isn't.  I'm getting so frustrated iwth this site as I'm not getting any notifications of anyone posting etc...the notifications sent to you personal email address.  I've checked and checked and the checkmark is still there for me to receive them.  Anyway, it is waht it is, right?

Frustrated  btw good luck on friday smile

• Posted

I think you are really helping yourself even if you are not getting any benefit from the sessions.  You could have just given up David, so well done on persevering.  Where to next? 
    • Posted

Hi there.  I am so sorry you are not pleased with this site.  You don't mean the people on it do you?  I get masses of notifications everytime someone answers a message.  I wonder why you are not getting these.  Is there a moderator on the site who can help you with this? 

No wonder you are calling yourself frustrated.  Is it because of this site or life in general? 

Take care.  Would hate to lose you from here.

• Posted

Hi Anne ~

I am not referring to any person regarding this site.  I was just referring to the problems the site was having.  But all is fixed now and we're all better smile  And, as I said, it's the site and many or all of us that were involved.  All is fixed and yes, I did get help by Emis aka alan.  He's awesome!

Frustrated (life in general)  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.