2 ovarian cysts, now a thickened endometrium and a fibroid

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with 2 cysts and had lots of questions after researching on the internet so I went to see my GP (who has been brilliant, spent 40minutes answering my questions).

But although she answered my questions she also gave me new things to think about!  Apparently I have a fibroid 15mm and a thickened endometrium (11.5mm) normal should be about 4mm. I was not told this by the hospital doctors - I have very little faith in them after my experience at the hospital last week.  I have to go back for a follow up on 17th Septwith consultant or one of the team then another ultrasound on 15th Oct (really not looking forward to this as I found it uncomfortable and distressing)

Has anyone else had similar?  what? if anything is done for thickened endometrium? and fibroid?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi lizzie i had scan last week to find out about womb thickening, (lots pain)i get results monday from gp,i already had dermoid tumor removed last year ,ill let u know the outcome tc mags biggrin u can read about me march 2013 onwards thanks
  • Posted

will watch for your reply on Monday - hope all is well. 

It is the  waiting around for what happens next and the not knowing/understanding I find really difficult.

• Posted

hi lizzy well got to now go see gyno and bowel man yuk,doc says it be within 2 weeks total ,thats seeing both yuk,oh well hope at last no more pain pleaseeeeee.....be in touch and wish you lots health be safe mags biggrin)
    • Posted

hi Mags, at least 2 weeks is not too long, but not good if you are in pain.

keep in touch,

hugs

• Posted

Tell them how you found the ultra sound as I know in my case they found another way to do it. May not be able to in this case so ring the department as soon as you can as they may be able to sedate you or give drugs to help it be less uncomfortable (use the word painful if that is what is was as they say in the notes I got that some women will find it uncomfortable but no more so than a smear).
    • Posted

I talked to my gp and she said i could take co-codamol before going so that should help and I have spoken to secretary for consultant she has put my mind a little easier said i can refuse anything i feel uncomfortable about and she will put a note of my fears for dr

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.