2 seperate knee pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hoping I could get a bit of help on here. I seemed to have injured my left knee, it is on the inside, it's sore to touch with no bruising, walking in a straight line is fine but when I try to twist, turn, squat, lock my leg or general knee movement I get a severe pain in there, not sure what it could be? Had this pain for 2 weeks and no sign of ending.

My right knee I have had a long standing issue with. I always have a pain at front of my knee it feels like it's under my kneecap, Iv had this on off now for 9 months and was diagnosed with anterior knee pain, but I'm not even sure what that is, or how it can be cured? All I was told was to strengthen my muscles but it's hard to do that when I'm already in pain. Any ideas or what else it could be?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It's sounds like ligament injury? Maybe see a Dr who can advise you better smile
  • Posted

You may have hurt a ligament on your left knee.  It can be VERY painful, I know.  The tendon could be stretched, injured or in my case have calcification.  The best thing to do is go to the dr.  Make sure he/she does an x-ray while lying down and while bent.  
    • Posted

That was my ligament that has calcification.  I agree with suzidownunder!
  • Posted

I have physio tonight to determine the injury, I can't really wait or hang around for the doctor, on my right knee it took them 4 weeks just to get me up for a scan. Fingers crossed the physio is able to help me. Ligament injury doesn't sound too good sad
  • Posted

Good luck !  Ligament problems arent great, but if an injection is possible and it works, the pain can lessen or disappear.  
  • Posted

Yeah I went to physio my left knee is a grade 1 medial ligament strain so only out for a few weeks, right knee is anterior knee pain and going to need work on for quite a while
  • Posted

Your injury sounds very similiar to mine, were you given any advice re driving ??

Regards Helen

• Posted

No advice in regards to driving, I also never asked as it hasn't bothered me whilst driving

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.