2 short courses of prednisone- feel horrible

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had TMJ and was given 2 short courses if steroids. Right before finishing the second course i started to feel so strange, dizzy, light headed and nauseated. I completed the course and these symptoms have stayed all week long. Nausea has subsided some but my head feels off- hard to put into words. Overall, bad feeling, malaise and it feels like i just got off a boat (like I am swaying). I just want to feel normal again. Has anyone ever experienced anything similiar? If so, how long did it last? Thank you in advance for any feedback.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes me. Do you wanna chat about it? Like on Zoom/ WhatsApp /Google Meetup?

• Posted

HI, I just got off prednisone and I am having the exact same symptoms. I feel like I am on a boat swaying, it hits so randomly. But 5 days off of it and it seems to be constant now. I am now also not sleeping well at all, waking up at 12am - 4am, and my anxiety is so bad. The dizziness does not help with my anxiety. You are the first person that mentioned my exact symptoms.

I would love to hear how long it took to get rid of these symptoms. I am really struggling to stay positive. I got diagnosed with MS, which was a lot but now these symptoms are making it difficult to even process that.

I hope you feel better.

Lauren

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.