Skip to content

Steroids

Also known as Alclometasone, Beclomethasone, Betamethasone, Budesonide, Clobetasol, Deflazacort, Dexamethasone, Diflucortolone, Eumovate, Fludrocortisone, Fludroxycortide, Fluocinolone, Fluticasone, Hydrocortisone, Methylprednisolone, Mometasone, Nasonex, Prednisolone

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Is this an allergic reaction to prednisolone?

i have UC and put on 30 mg prednisolone to taper down 5 mg every week. This is my 3 rd week. I feel my tongue tingling, my mouth quite thick and pressure behind my eyes. I have never experienced this before. Are these symptoms typical of developing a moon face. A bit worried. Thank you.

Last reply
  • Feeling horrible after been on the steroid prednisone

Hi all , wonder if anyone can help .. I was put on prednisone steroid for 5 days after I went to my doctor last Thursday wif a cough and slightly tight chest .. I was on 8 tabs a day and I'm sure they were 5mg .. I finished them on Monday past .. Since Sunday tho I have been feeling quite weird …

Last reply
  • Steroids for long term use

I am 23 years old male and have disastrous history of eczema since childhood. 6 years ago i started having acne on face and i visited a dermatologist which gave some medicines which caused me to develop big scars on face which used to get swollen up and yellow liquid used to ooze out of them and it …

Last reply
  • Steroid cream withdrawal

Hi, I had been using elecon cream for a few years for a rash on my face. When this stopped working I went to a dermatologist and he told me I was suffering steroid withdrawals. The red, rash and puffiness I got from this was so horrible.  I then tried Chinese herbal medicine and the cream he …

Last reply
  • Prednisone withdrawal tendonitis ?

Hi there. I was on Prednisone for 8 weeks, starting at 30mg for 2 weeks and then tapering down. During the tapering process, I developed pain in my knee ligaments, followed by my groin ligaments, ankles, hips, hands and shoulders. All my joints also started to click and pop constantly, which they …

Last reply
  • Spironolactone for acne

Well this is probably not the most relevant group to post in, but I just didn't find the right one. Well I'm an 18 yo girl, and my doctor gave me Spironolactone 100 mg and some other pills for sever acne, after viewing my blood test. Well I know that spiro has an effect similar to estrogen ( …

Posted
  • Prednisone allergic reaction is

I started prednisone for tennis elbow. I’ve been having severe hoarseness from scratchy sounding to times no voice at all. I’ve had chest pains and upper abdominal pressure as if air is trapped. This pains hit and it feels like my air has been cut of from my voice box. It’s left my vocal cords …

Last reply
  • Thinning skin from steroids - how long?

I have been using methylprednisolone aceponate (Advantan Fatty Ointment) on my penis on and off for about 2 years. I only use it maybe once every one or two months when my Psoriasis flares up. I am now worried that the skin is thinning. Could my skin have thinned even without continuous use …

Last reply
  • Supplements with PMR

Hi, I'm 61 and was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with PMR.  I've started on 30mg of Prednisolone.  Are there any supplements anyone can advise taking whilst on PMR?  I'm assuming you shouldn't take any immune system boosters with Pred as it works by suppressing the immune …

Last reply
  • I have prednisone withdrawal symptoms and they are horrible!!

I was prescribed prednisone 50 mg for a period of 5 days for sinus infection. It has been around 6 days since my last dose and I feel horrible, my legs are weak, I am irritable and I have not been the same since. It also threw my period off. I wish my doctor would have told me that I would have to …

Last reply
  • Tapering off predislone

Hi, I started on 20mg of predislone a few months ago for suspected pmr. I felt great , pain and stiffness disappeared, loads of energy. For the first time in years I felt normal. The doctor began to taper me off and first reduced them to 15mg, I felt okay but not as much energy. Next she reduced …

Last reply
  • Panic attack and slaapplaatsen after use prednisone

Hi everybody! I have a question.. I have been on prednisone for 10 days 30 MG because of a severe Sinus infection. The first days were not a problem but after the fourth day I started to experience sleepless. After 8 days I was totally unable to sleep and start to get really nervous and anxious. …

Last reply
  • Prednisone changes my life

Everyone else has problems with prednisone. I was put on prednisone for 8 days to clear up my dermatitis which got out of hand. It cleared it up of course but it also seemed to get my body out of allergy mode. I felt like a new person. I felt better when I woke up in the morning. Instead of groggy …

Last reply
  • Prednisolone withdrawal - skin rash

I have been taking Prednisolone at varying doses for pretty much the last 12 months, i was initially waiting for surgery on nasal polyps and taking steroids for a prolonged period of time, after the surgery I was prescribed a heavy course again by the surgeon. Since the surgery I have had problems …

Last reply
  • Rebound rash

Anyone else experience the rebound rash of prednisone? I took it foe 14 days for severe hand eczema and about a week after finishing the prednisone, an itchy rash started on my shoulders after being in the sun and within 3 weeks has spread everywhere but feet, face and private areas..thank God! I …

Last reply
  • Prednisone and bone pain - Withdrawals or AVN?

This is for the Prednisone veterans. I've been on Prednisone for almost two months, starting at 30mg for a while and then tapering down (got four more days of 5mg left). About three weeks ago, I started getting some pain in my knees, but only after walking. I now have pain in all of my major …

Last reply
  • Taking 60mg day Prednisone - is weakness a side effect?

Hello! I have just had 3 days of IV methylprednisone, 1g per day and now on 60mg predispose daily and have been for two weeks. I feel weak and shaky the whole time but I do have episodes when I feel it's worse. It is proper weakness so I will struggle to open a bottle etc. Has anyone …

Last reply
  • Polymyaglia

I was diagnosed with this condition in January 2017 and put on Prednisolone dosage of 20mg, then after seeing the consultant down to 15mg per day. I suffered weight gain, but my condition of stiffness and muscle pain went away. I then saw a different consultant who suggested that I should drop down …

Last reply
  • Prednisone reaction?

Hi I’ve had swollen eyelids for a few months and the doctor put me on Prednisone on Friday. By Saturday my skin was burning and by Sunday my face was swollen. My tongue feels like it’s burning. When I speak to the doctors; they say that prednisone does not cause reactions like this and I need it to …

Last reply
  • Withdrawal and effects of Prednisone

Went on a 6-day prednisone pack for poison ivy.  Got a rebound case (very bad) on the second day after stopping.  Got a shot and another 6-day pack.  By the end of the second day, I started getting a different rash on various parts of my body.  Have dealt with it using oatmeal …

Last reply
  • 4 months into Topical Steroid Withdrawal and I need some insight

Quick background: Im a 19 yr old female, had eczema on my body all my life (mostly my neck and inner elbows), had some sort of facial skin condition for a short period of time (i have no idea what cuz I was too understand what and my parents never took me to the doctors for it), all skin conditions …

Last reply
  • Prednisolone withdrawal side effects

Hi, I'm a new member and wonder if anyone can give me some info about the side effects of withdrawing prednsiolone at the lower doses.  I have a lung condition called crytogenic organising pneumonia and have been on Prednisolone for a year now gradually reducing from 40 mg this time last …

Last reply
  • Steroid overload side effects?

2 things I know abt steroids. Ballooning & hanging from the ceiling by my claws.  In hospital rec’d Massage doses of steroids but wasn’t told there is a whole book just about the side effects. While asleep I had a psychotic episode. Supposedly my fault. At home & have lost all control …

Last reply
  • Peeling of the lips and sore mouth and tongue

I have a disease called Bechet's which requires taking predinsone for a period of time or bursts of predisone depending if I have a flare up with Bechet's. When I tapered off of predisone and I am done taking it after a few days my lips inside and out get raw and sore with white blisters …

Last reply
  • Prednisolone advice

Hi I was put on prednisolone for brain inflammation due to a probable autoimmune disorder. In January I left hospital with a plan of 40mg a day tapering 5mg a day until 20mg. At 20mg I stayed until I had a review with neurologist on 23rd Feb.. They come up with a plan to drop 5mg a month until off. …

Last reply
  • prednisolone

I have been given prednisolone to take 8 a day how is this drug little worried hoping it has less nasty side effects like the fluoxetine am on for mental health

Last reply
  • Help !!! I'M SCARED Withdrawal

I was on prednisone 5days 40mg week after stopping i have blurr vision and light sensitivity and other withdrawl symptoms. Has anyone has this experience with stopping or decrease dosage and if so how long did it last after stopping this drug . If so did anything help or make it better. Also i …

Last reply
  • Taken twice my dose of steroids

Hi my grandad is on steroids for a chest infection. He was told to take 8 tablets a day. My uncle gave him today’s dose but my grandad forgot that he had taken them, so my nan give him another 8. Is this dangerous? Many thanks Stacey x

Last reply
  • Prednisone side effect

Hi everyone, I have recently develope tinnitus, and I was prescribed prednisone 12 days: 4 tab 3 days (40mg) 3 tab 3 days (30mg) 2 tab 3 days (20mg) 1 tab 3 days (10mg) my last day on Mar 9, 2018. But I still have side effect not going away that are driving me crazy, I want to know for how long …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.