Skip to content
Ad

Steroids

Also known as Alclometasone, Beclomethasone, Betamethasone, Budesonide, Clobetasol, Deflazacort, Dexamethasone, Diflucortolone, Eumovate, Fludrocortisone, Fludroxycortide, Fluocinolone, Fluticasone, Hydrocortisone, Methylprednisolone, Mometasone, Nasonex, Prednisolone

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Prednisolone withdrawal side effects

Hi, I'm a new member and wonder if anyone can give me some info about the side effects of withdrawing prednsiolone at the lower doses.  I have a lung condition called crytogenic organising pneumonia and have been on Prednisolone for a year now gradually reducing from 40 mg this time last year...

Last reply
  • Dexamathesone

Anyone do a 3 day course, 60 mg a day? Feeling really weird and having vision issues after finishing 

Posted
  • Withdrawal?

Hi, I was on 40mg if prednisone for 5 days because I had a test come back saying I had slightly elevated inflammation somewhere in my body. The test results were ran for chest pain I have been having. Now that I have been off of it for a couple of days I have had constant severe headaches, vision changes,...

Last reply
  • Feeling horrible after been on the steroid prednisone

Hi all , wonder if anyone can help .. I was put on prednisone steroid for 5 days after I went to my doctor last Thursday wif a cough and slightly tight chest .. I was on 8 tabs a day and I'm sure they were 5mg .. I finished them on Monday past .. Since Sunday tho I have been feeling quite weird like...

Last reply
  • Injections

I need to have an injection in my lumbar area for bulging discs that are wrapped around a nerve. The doctor told me today that I need to wait 30 days because I was on oral steroids. Does anyone know why I can't get the injection having been on steroids for a week? 

Posted
  • Prednisolone withdrawal - skin rash

I have been taking Prednisolone at varying doses for pretty much the last 12 months, i was initially waiting for surgery on nasal polyps and taking steroids for a prolonged period of time, after the surgery I was prescribed a heavy course again by the surgeon. Since the surgery I have had problems with...

Last reply
  • Problem with getting my prescriptioni

I am currently taking hydroxychloroquine for alapecia my question is does any one have difficulty getting GP to prescribe it as mine says he cant consultant says he can so who do i believe, at the.moment having to ask consultant for it every few months, I would be grateful if anyone can help, thank you

Last reply
  • Son was prescribed prednisone steroids for three days

Hi all, was wondering if any one could help.. my 9 year old son was put on 5mg prednisone 6 tablets in the morning for three days due to an allergic reaction. Two days after finishing them he collapsed and had a seizure ( that's what I think it was ) then started vomiting, going dizzy, and severe...

Last reply
  • Cortisone

Hi everyone, just wanted to know if anyone knows why cortisone shots are limited to 3 or 4 a year. Are they safe? Or not safe? Just wondering I'm going in for 5 shot. And there the only thing that helps with my pain. Any thoughts?

Last reply
  • 10 to 0 in 8 months

I have had PMR. For four years and have been up to 20 mg per day.  Last Nov2016 i started going down as i was on 10 mg for quite some time.   Using 1 mg per month i became Prednisone free!!!!! It has been great  but 3 days ago i woke up in agony . Cannot toll over in bed, neck back Hands...

Last reply
  • Steroids

Has anyone ever being on hydrocortisone Auden 10mg as a weening of steroids? How did you feel? 

Last reply
  • Cortisone and hip injections

Hi new to this forum.  I just wanted to ask how many shots to your hip can be too many. I've had 4 this year and in a month will have my last shot for the year. I'm wondering has anyone else had more shots? And how do you feel. 

Last reply
  • Prednisone withdrawal

Hi,  i've been on 10 mg of prednisone for over a year now. I've just started weaning. I weaned down to 7 mg and did fine on that but now have been down to 5 mg for over a week and I feel like cr**! Lately  I wake up with pounding headache's and this morning aches all over like I...

Last reply
  • Sarcoidosis

I was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis 2 months ago whilst in hospital for 3 weeks. I had IV Prednisolone x 3000mg over 3 days. Left me totally shattered. I'm now on 40mg daily & I think I have developed psychosis as I'm getting terrible mood swings. I have almost all side effects associated with...

Last reply
  • Withdrawal rash

Anyone? Mine is face and upper body mainly.  Face blotchy and red. Stingy and itchy.  Heat sensitive.  Anyone else ?? How long did this last ? Any treatment ?

Posted
  • Prednisolone withdrawal symptoms.

I have been diagnosed with bells palsy a month ago and its all healed up now thanks to preds. But the withdrawal is really annoying, I have been on 70mg of preds for a week and tapered down to nothing for a month and now Iam feeling really sick of it i have muscle aches that come and go, at my neck,...

Last reply
  • Steroid Medication

3yrs ago I was informed that I had PMR and referered  Rheumatologist who carried out some some Tests, which revealed that I had Fibromyalgia , crystals in my joints,in addition to this I also have COPD.  Whilst I appreciate these are different issues,however my Rheumi would like to start me...

Last reply
  • Addisons Disease

I was suspected of Addisons Disease because of my dark skin, dark palmar creases, muscle weakness and body aching all over, also low steroid levels.  I was surprised when my Synacthen Test was normal and I have had to stop taking Hydrocortisone. The only trouble is my symptoms have returned, but...

Last reply
  • Press

I'm currently on 4mg a week having 3 days pred free. I've just decided to reduce again so now taking 3mg and having 4 pred free days I'm hoping I can manage this reduction as I've tried 3 times since Christmas and because l felt tired and achy l upped them again. I'm in Cyprus at...

Last reply
  • Prednisone and facial hair

Hi! I was diagnosed with Lupus in March 2017, and I have been on prednisone since then. Recently I have noticed a lot of facial hair and acne. My dose is being tapered down to 20mg in a few days. As I have read earlier threads, I am aware that its a known side effect most people deal with. I wanted...

Last reply
  • coming off short cycle of prednisone

I'm completing a short term cycle (6 days) of Prednisone for ear and throat congestion following a summer cold.  I'm also nearing the end of a cycle of cefdinir antibiotics for the same reason.  In addition, I'm working through some hormonal changes in switching birth control methods...

Last reply
  • Reducing steriords

I was put on 15 mg. of predinsone 8 wks. ago for Polymylagia Rheumatica. Doctor told me last week to reduce the amount to 6 mg. The first day I started with headaches & some of the same pain I was feeling prior to taking the initial dose. The higher dose also helped my fibromyalgia.  By day...

Last reply
  • Stopping Prednisone

Hello, a week ago I was prescribed Prednisone 20 Mg tablets for breathing problems due to brochnitis.  I am talking them for a week and have my last tablet on Friday.  I am wondering will there be any side effects after stopping? Also will my arthritis pain come back?  Thanks

Last reply
  • SI joint steroid injections

Hi: was wondering how long most steroid injections take to 'kick in,' since it's been 5 days now, and I feel absolutely no relief. My Pain Mgt. doctor is the Chair of a very good hospital, so he certainly knows what he's doing - but since both SI joints were done, only 20 mg were injected...

Last reply
  • Prednisolone high dosage in error

I stupidly took 200mg ( in 2 lots of 100mg am then pm) for four days by mistake. I misunderstood the doctor's orders then didnt read his prescription. This was about 3 weeks ago. I developed (it seems just then) a terrible painful upper stomach. It still aggrivates and food is hard to get past it....

Last reply
  • I was tested for Addisons Disease

Hi everyone, i was tested for Addisons Disease and had a Synacthen test which was normal and I was told that It was safe to stop using Hydrocortisone.  They also said if I felt unwell to come back and see the Endocrinology Team and to continue using Hydrocortisone.  The only thing is I stopped...

Last reply
  • Prednisone for a year - it may kill me, but at least I feel better

I have been on prednisone for almost a year now for myasthenia gravis. 30mg currently. My face ballooned, I gained 20 lbs in 1 month, my ball bag has shrunk, and my leg bones hurt. My pee pee doesn't work like it used to. Does anyone have the same side effect? It does help with a lot of things, I...

Last reply
  • Prednisolone and Sarcoidosis

I am a 31 year old male who was diagnosed with sarcoid in November 2013 and immediately prescribed 40mg (8 pills) daily for the first 2 months. At first I was manic, full of energy and couldn't sleep. I ate myself out of house and home and thought I could achieve anything. It was all quite a new...

Last reply
  • I have been taking prednisolone for more than 3 months now

I have been taking prednisolone for a little over 3 months now and I have experienced a number of horrible side effects. My bones feel weak, I have scars all over my body, my face is swollen. I unfortunately have to continue taking a 20mg dose every day to control my carotid vasculitis. Am afraid of...

Last reply
  • Prednisone side effects (how long tho)

Hey so I took 20mg of prednisone for 3 days and now I am off of it but RIDICULOUS achey everywhere, bloated as hell, agitated, and my fingers are swelling. Is this normal?? WHEN DOES THIS END?? Thanks

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.