5 days on Prednisone (corticosteroid), been 30 days since I stopped it still not feeling myself

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there,

I had a hair transplant on the 3rd July and the day of the procedure the surgeon gave me 35mg prednisone and said I should take 35mg a day for the next 3 days and stop. I thought it was way too much so I took 20mg next day, 15mg next and 10 mg the next and 5 mg last day and then I stopped, so I can tapper it. I felt terrible the next 2 weeks after the procedure: dizziness, elevated heart rate, terrible anxiety, could not even get out of bed for the next few days.

Here I am almost 30 days since i stopped it and I still don't feel myself. The heart rate has stabilised and most of the symptoms I had have gone away. I am still left with anxiety attacks which could be trigger easily and eye ache and headaches in the mornings and at nights + insomnia occasionally. I'm not the same person I was before this procedure.

Has anyone else had this experience please? My GP is useless and thinks I just have anxiety but I never had something like this prior the surgery.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello octavian , i know this is a very old post and im not sure if you gonna read it , but i really wanna know how are you feeling now and how long did you symptoms take to resolve , as im 1 month after my last dose of prednisone ( 5days course of 40mg a day) , no one wants to believe that my symptoms are from that evil drug shortly after my last dose symptoms started ( really bad bowl irritability, loss of appetite,fatigue, overall tiredness, blurry vision, irregular heartbeats ) which I'm still suffering from till this day .

a lot of us are suffering out there cuz of this medication. i hope you got to get your wellbeing back .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.