Prednisone Withdrawal

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi i was on predisone 5days 40 mg for an allergic reaction 3 days after stop i experience heart pap,fatigue,nausea and chills. A week later i had insomina and couldn't sleep. 2 week later im now having blurry vision and light sensitivity is it possible its from predisone withdrawal.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I had a similar experience Maybe a second medical opinion is a good option to consider 
    • Posted

I am currently seeing my ophthalmologist she is running some test but so far the test are normal. How long did it take for your vision to return to normal.?
  • Edited

Yes absolutely it is. It depends on the condition that the prednisolone is treating but in my experience there is a "tapering off" of the doseage to allow your body to be weaned off them. It is possible that this was not considered necessary as you were only on the meds for 5 days but this medication is not to be messed with. It has a variety of uses but also a whole range of side effects with some people.

I would take the matter up with your GP or health professional

• Posted

Did you have a similar expereience with predisone? How long does withdrawl last?
    • Edited

My doctor never told me to taper off just gave a 5day equal dose. Im so scared this drug is a nightmare. I never take this drug again unless im dying when will this hell end.
  • Edited

Do as you are told !!!! Had emphysema for 15 years. Wish I was,t on the stuff but they are the breaks.I am still here at the age of 75 Come off pred too soon and the symptoms get really bad. You HAVE to withdraw slowly. Others on here will tell you all sorts of things, that's there experience. I am NOT a doctor or have medical knowledge, these are my experiences.

I urge you to learn to do as you are told, and at our age that's not easy.

Ask yourself the question, how long do you want to live. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Edited

I dont have any medical issues i was on just for a 5days due an allergic reation now i having all types of withdrawal issues.
  • Posted

Please help could i get more info on how how long withdraw sysmptom usually last.
  • Edited

I saw my doctor today she told me those are definitely symptoms of steriod withdrawal and i am probably extremely sensitive to steriod and in the future she wouldnt give them to me. Also my doctor said it has to run it course she gave something to help me sleep. My doc wants to me to have a follow-up appointment on next week.
  • Posted

I saw my doctor today she told me those are definitely symptoms of steriod withdrawal and i am probably extremely sensitive to steriod and in the future she wouldnt give them to me. Also my doctor said it has to run it course she gave something to help me sleep. My doc wants to me to have a follow-up appointment on next week.
    • Posted

Lisa are you okay now and if yes how long did you suffer the effects... i am almost having the same effects as you and its been more then 10 days...your reply will help me to relax a bit.
    • Posted

Hi Lisa, i know this is a very old post but I wondered if you fully recovered. I'm going through something similar now with prednisone and just wanted some hope 😃 Write back if possible.

Will

• Posted

Hi Lisa, i know this is a very old post but I wondered if you fully recovered. I'm going through something similar now with prednisone and just wanted some hope 😃 Write back if possible.

Will

• Posted

Hey, I'm currently experiencing prednisone withdrawals.

I took it for 2 months. Quit cold turkey. It's been 3 months since my last dose, and I'm still nowhere near recovery.

My question to you is, how much time did it take for you to fully recover?

And what where ALL the symptoms you experienced during withdrawal?

• Posted

hello will ,

did u ever get to feel normal again and how long did it take you ! im experiencing the same situation and its taking forever to get near normal 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.