Symptoms following Prednisolone withdrawal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I was taking Prednisolone for 2.5 years, max dose 40mg and then tapering for a year from 5mg to zero (May 2022)

I went through the stiffness and aching which has now almost gone, but have some really strange symptoms which I am not sure are related, so asking if anyone else has experienced? Have had various blood tests which are all normal and 9am Cortisol was 356

I am having very vivid dreams at night. Sometimes I don't feel too bad on waking but after being up for an hour or so, feel very tired (expected this)

I seem to feel worse if I eat anything, more acidy afterwards, dizzy, faint and generally unwell, it gradually wears off but returns late afternoon. Have checked blood sugars and they are normal

It is severely affecting my ability to work, or do anything else as I am unable to predict how bad I will feel

Am starting to feel anxious that there is something else seriously wrong. Is this normal following stopping of steroids, am I just making a fuss of nothing?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.