Hi there I am tapering off prednisolone (UK) I am having strang noised in my head like pressure any

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there i have been tapering off prednisolone (uk) for 4 mths now and have awful pressure sounds in head stuffy nose /runny nose .Has anyone had these and gone away after coming off completely .Does tinnitus go away also .

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hello, i was just hospitalized this week experiencing a horrible steroid withdrawal from dexamethasone (similar to prednisone but stronger) and i totally freaked out in my hospital room because i had an insane amount of pressure in my head most concentrated in the middle and also in my ears to the point my hearing started fading.they rushed me to CT SCAN and everything came back normal, this happened after they lowered my dose. I think it was tapered too quickly, after taking my next dose it resolved. steroid withdrawal is REAL and must be tapered on an individual basis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.