2 steps forward and one step back

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi. I'm 12 weeks post LTHR. I don't know if this is normal or not but I seem to be taking 2 steps forward and one step back with my recovery. I do all my exercises but only manage to walk for about 10 minutes without being inj pain. I still use one stick for longer walks but I manage ok around the house and short distances.  When I'm sitting it feels like I'm sitting on a golf ball. My thigh to the back of my leg aches a lot and after a while it moves to the front and usually spreads down to my knee. My sick note runs out in 3 weeks and due to doing a very manual job as a care assistant with the elderly my Gp said my sick leave may have to extended further. Do you think I should ask for a referral to see a Physio? I just thought my recovery would have been quicker as I'm a slim, fit 60 year old. Sorry if I seem to be moaning. 

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Joy,It's very frustrating for you.I know the feeling.As I too am exactly in the same,boat.But two years over & I am suffering as I had no proper after care to look after me.I had to struggle with caring for my Husband, as he's disabled.So it was not easy.Also I suffer badly with my nerves.& to operate on tight muscles didn't help.I did hydrotherapy & my exercises but hey ho I am still on a stick.My Hubby also has OA & is deaf & severely sighted. Anyway I have Reflexology every other week.Take it easy.regards Amanda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.