2 swollen lymph nodes one in neck other under jaw bone for 4 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

when I first notice swollen nodes ( not feeling sick) dr wasn't to worried had me wait a couple weeks see if they still there. they were so he sent me for ultrasound he said it showed was swollen but they were not abnormally shaped so sent me to ent. the ent said he think it is just swollen salivary gland and put on antibiotics and wants to do a ct scan after two weeks to see if there was a change my ct is schedule for Monday ( a month after antibiotics) the nodes are still there I haven't notice any change. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar to this and if so what was your results

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The only swelling I had was behind/below my right ear and GP knew immediately that it was MUMPS. I was only 16 a and was many years ago before scans. The only pain I had was trying to open my mouth wide enough to fill it full of food. After 2 weeks on penicillin I was cured.

Doubt it is what you have as the docs would have known, but Mumps is not common these days and they may not suspect it.

Good luck.

• Posted

thanks when it first showed up that's what my mom thought it was I was put on antibiotics for a week with no change hopefully I find out something this week after ct scan tm

• Posted

I-was-signed-off-for-2-weeks-as-infectious-though-do-not-know-if-I-was-taking-the-pills-for-all-that-time-as-was-so-long-ago.

I-think-jabs-against-Mumps-are-now-given to small children so has been wiped out now.

Let us know if the CT finds anything and good luck again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.