2 urethroplasties failed, options?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. 1 month after TURP a stricture in my bulbar urethra showed. 0,5 cm, near sphincter. An internal urethrotomy was performed and I was stricture free for 2 years. After that, stricture reocurred, 3 cm this time. BMG (oral mucosa) urethroplasty was performed and I was stricture free only for 6 months. Uro did me a dillatation, but effect only lasted a week. So 6 months later (december of 2021) a second urethroolasty was performed, end to end anastomosis. 2 cm, really close to sphincter, my surgeon said he was really really careful stitching the extremes of the urethra for no damaging the sphincter. I developed a extreme hematoma (scrotum and penis) and I had to go to ER for a surgical draining. 21 days later catheter was removed, amazing flow, but 4 DAYS later flow returned to pre-op levels.

So here I am. I have uro appoinment on monday (3 months after surgery), but I don't know what options I have at the oresent time. If the stricture is thin, maybe urethrotomy or dilatation, if not, I don't know.

As stricture is now really clise to sphincter I dob't know if a third urethriolasthy could be performed and, anyway, I think it wouldn't work.

I am 47 years old, and I don't want to have a permanent catheter or ICD (intermitent clean auto-dilatation) 😦

What do you think? when I read "98% success urethroplasty" I only wanna cry. Thank you for reading me.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.