Skip to content

Urethral Disorders

Also known as Hypospadias

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Lump under urethra?

I have this large protruding lump which lays under my urethra which is attached to the vagina walls and hymen. It is bumpy and a little red, no soreness though. I have Had this lump for many years, never had STDs, Never had infections or problems having sex. Does anyone else have this?

• Urethral urgency! :-(

Hi there, Totally fed up now. Been suffering uretheral urgency feelings for going on a couple of years now and this has brought on anxiety too. So my life has been greatly restricted as a result. Ive only been going out when I know there is a loo nearby where I am going and no queues for it/them. I...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Female urethoplasty surgery for stricture

hi, i am a 46 year old woman who has just had a bulbar urethoplasty surgery in London. I'm posting as this is a very rare condition and I couldn't find anything much about the condition and surgery online. if you have any questions on anything at all please ask. I had been self catherterising...

Last reply
  • Urethral discomfort.

Anyone get uretheral soreness that seems to trigger urgency feelings that are also in the urethera? I also get what seems like phantom urges in my urethera. When I go to the ladies with a phantom urge, hardly anything happens but these urges, like the urgency feelings, are impossible to ignore. Can also...

Last reply
  • My Father's Persistent Penis Pain

Hello Members, Thank you for your time! This question is for my father. He is 81 years old and lives alone in India. He was diagnosed with Recurrent Urethral Stricture in 2001 by his Urologist. He was on Tamsulosin and Darifenacin for a lot of years and was fine until Sept 2016. In Oct 2016, he felt...

Last reply
  • Just had a Urethral Dilation and I'm peeing tons of blood

Just had a cystoscopy and urethral dilation this morning (about 7 hours ago) and I was sent home without a cath. I sadly now have diarrhea and everytime I go use the batroom I end up pushing on my bladder to void it. I'm bleeding a lot, Im used to blood in the urine from my stricture but this...

Last reply
  • Female Urethral Stricture disease

Ive been suffering with this most of my life. Had my 10th dilation this yr but if no use, flow is no better & urethritis is always there, can only drink small amounts of water . I'm now being told I have to wait for a Urethroplasty using Buccal mucosa. I'm fearful of being left incontinent....

Last reply
  • Lump under urethra?

I have this large protruding lump which lays under my urethra which is attached to the vagina walls and hymen. It is bumpy and a little red, no soreness though. I have Had this lump for many years, never had STDs, Never had infections or problems having sex. Does anyone else have this?

Posted
  • Urethral urgency! :-(

Hi there, Totally fed up now. Been suffering uretheral urgency feelings for going on a couple of years now and this has brought on anxiety too. So my life has been greatly restricted as a result. Ive only been going out when I know there is a loo nearby where I am going and no queues for it/them. I...

Posted
  • suprapubic catheter advice please.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone with or who has had a suprapubic catheter Could give me some advice and do's and don't's, tips, etc etc. I will be having one fitted on Tuesday after having this urethral catheter removed, been 29 days since this urethral one was fitted and I requested the...

Last reply
  • Urethral stricture from road traffic accident

I am a 42year old male, I had a road traffic accident in my 1999 when I was 23 years old. I was left with a Urethral stricture where the urethra joins the bladder. I received Urethral dilatition  twice yearly u til 2006. My urologist refered me to another urologist in Ireland who preformed a urethplasty...

Last reply
  • s s

urethral stricture

hi i am a 59 year old woman suffering from urethral stricture, are there any women that have suffered from this. i would be interested to hear their story. it seems to be all men that are posting on this forum. i know it is very uncommon in women about 2 cases per 600,000.

Last reply
  • Urethral syndrome

I have urethral syndrome that started within days of getting a Monarch TVT bladder sling. That was 17 years ago. I was told it was in my head, that I had some sort of infection, that I had IC etc. Etc. Now I am coming to realize That I have Urethral syndrome. Constant pain the urethra and always feeling...

Last reply
  • Have anterior urethral Stricture

Was diagnosed of urethral Stricture and i was told i have 2 options . To either self dilate once  daily or urethrotomy surgery. I choose the self dilation and have been fine for 4 months until recently it appears the stricture got tighter and my bladder have been hurt several occasions after urinating...

Last reply
  • Suggestions for urethra irritation for 4 months (female)

Hi, I just found this forum and am hoping for some suggestions on things to try for my irritated urethra for 4 months now.  It suddenly started with frequent urination one day...long story as short as possible....feel like I've had one long UTI that has not gone away and is settled in my urethra....

Last reply
  • Best Catheters for Self Dilatation ?

I'm finishing my first box of 100 med rx 14fr catheters. I'm looking to see if there are any better options out there. Does anyone else with a stricture have any recommendations ?  I'm a 28 year old male who's too heavy for urethroplasty(working on it). I had my second uretherotomy...

Last reply
  • Urethroplasty surgery - feedback

The other post I found from Google was locked, so I wanted to share my experience here as I found tremendous comfort in hearing a non-medical summary of what to expect and input of others that have been in the same position. I have had this surgery twice about 9 years apart (stricture reoccured), and...

Last reply
  • Male urethral stricture

I’m a 26 year old male, had a urethrotomy at age of 16 to rid of a stricture but after a bad uti last year Iv had nothing but problems. Had a cystoscopy which revealed 2 strictures. One in penile and one in bulbar region. I then had an X-ray of urethra, whilst having this procedure my bladder was filled...

Last reply
  • Suburethral/Skenes gland cyst surgery

Hi. I posted on the Bartholins cyst board but as my problem was initially more urethral wondered if anyone here could give me info. I had a suburethral Skenes gland cyst removed 6 weeks ago with a cystoscopy done at the same time. I still have some pain and loss of urethral and clitoral normal sensation....

Last reply
  • Suprapubic Catheter Advice

Hi, Im a 25 year old male. I have had bladder failure for over 2 years now and i seen my cons last week. I am now on the list for a Suprapubic catheter. I am beyond terrified. Can anyone give me any info. Im having a GA because i am a high seizure risk. And staying in hospital for a couple of days. ...

Last reply
  • Self catheterisation

I normally self catheterise but my consultant has told me too stop so they can see if a Urethroplasty is the way to go. My problem is my flow is now very weak and i need to go more often. I have no issues starting but it just dribbles out now and i don't seem to empty my bladder. Now my...

Last reply
  • Urethra Stricture At Tip Of Penis/ Self Dilation

When I was really young I had Hypospadias surgery then surgery for scar tissues about 10 years later. It’s been 15 years and now I’m having problems with a stricture at the top of my penis. I am now told to self dialate. I’m using a FR14 catheter tip and I put it in roughly 2 inches. I’m new at doing...

Posted
  • Suprapubic Catherer and Thermal Wear

I previously inquired about wearing thermal with SPC and leg bag and night bag. There was very little discussion on this subject, therefore I want to relate my experience.  I traveled to Norway in February and cruised the Norwegian coastline from Bergen to Kerkines. All in all I spent 12 days using...

Posted
  • Blood in urine, left flank pain and urethra pain

A couple of days after Christmas I went to empty my bladder and had a burning sensation with blood in my urine. I assumed I was getting a UTI drank some water and told myself that if I still felt it in the morning I would go the Dr. I felt fine in the morning and the next few weeks. It happened two more...

Posted
  • Bumb into urethra!

Hello! I have a problem that started a month ago. I discovered something red like a bumb in my urethra near meatus. My meatus is red and burning. What can it be? 

Last reply
  • Chronic urethral pain w no UTI female

Hey everyone. 32 yo female, dealing with debilitating urethra pain with & without UTI for 10 years. I have been searching for any answers & have been to countless doctors with absolutely no one being able to help or diagnose a condition. I wanted to share what has helped me be symptom free for...

Last reply
  • Urethral Stricture

is there any permanent cure available for Uretharal Stricture.i have undergone internal urethrotomy twice and recently Jan 2018. As of now the flow has not improved and burning sensation is there. is this will get improved over period of time and what is the chances to prevent recurrence.

Last reply
  • Pain in Urethra, not UTI

I'm a 22 year old female who has been experiencing a severe burning sensation in my Urethrea for 11 months now nonstop. I've been to 7 gynaecologists & 4 Urologists and they can't find ANYTHING. No UTI, STIs, BV or Yeast. I've became depressed. Plz help. 

Posted
  • Painful.bladder

Hi all I have an indewelling cather and tonite I had a couple of glasses of wine and the pain in my bladder is over wheleming .no pain killer is touching it. I know before I got the botox and cather in that it was spasming I really thought the botox would settle it. Any advise please Marydev

Posted
  • Balloon sits up right at the stoma hole

The balloon will not stay down in the bladder it always comes up to the top of the bladder and you can see it at the stoma site. Does anyone else ever have this happen. I still get plenty of urine in bag and am not too often wet.

Posted
  • Superpubic Balloon

The balloon always comes up to the top of the bladder and stays right at the opening (stoma)...I get alot of urine in bag and it doesn't leak alot but I was just wondering if anyone else has experinced this?  The balloon will not stay down inside the bladder.

Posted
  • Urethral Stricture -- Possible treatments?

Hello! I am in the process of researching possible steps to take to help me and others get a better understanding of Urethral Strictures. I know there is a lot of information out there, but nothing is better than getting feed back from people who share the same issues. Ill give a bit of background of...

Last reply
  • My hypospadias.

I found out that I had hypospadias only. Few years ago by reading about it on the net. I am 60 years old. I had three operations as a child as my urethra opened mid shaft. I had skin grafts to move the opening to just under the glans. My penis is on the small side, but my biggest problem is the size...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.