Skip to content

Urethral Disorders

Also known as Hypospadias

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Bee Pollen relieves Urethral Strictures?

Hi, Does anyone who was diagnosed with urethral stricture ever tried Bee Pollen? I have read some testimonies using bee pollen that they were able to urinate normally. Months ago I hurt myself. Though not directly but my perineum was affected so the possibility of urethral stricture is haunting …

Last reply
  • Urethral dilation no relief please help

Hi    I really hope someone on here can help me I am struggling to find answers anywhere and feel so upset. I’ve struggled with UTI’s frequently for years and years and in the last three/four months it became a constant daily struggle with the symptoms of a UTI- mainly urgency to pee. …

Last reply
  • A Miracle - I am Urethral Stricture Free

Hello everyone, i did like to share an update on my current situation . I am currently stricture free and is a miracle, this may sound absurd for some people as doctors only advice you on how to manage your stricture once is past 6 months since there is no cure for stricture. My case is different …

Last reply
  • Female Urethral Stricture disease

Ive been suffering with this most of my life. Had my 10th dilation this yr but if no use, flow is no better & urethritis is always there, can only drink small amounts of water . I'm now being told I have to wait for a Urethroplasty using Buccal mucosa. I'm fearful of being left …

Last reply
  • Issue with Urethra

Hello, I am a female and I am 24 years old. This might be a little long so I apologize in advance. Around August 2017, I had my first UTI ever and I had no idea what is was until I talked to my roommate. I was told that the normally go away on their own and take to AZO until it does, well it …

Last reply
  • Penis Pain When Erect

I had sex with a random woman on 7/4/18. By 7/14/18, I was experiencing severe pain and burning during urination and white milky discharge from my penis.  These symptoms led me to suspect that I had contracted a STD. Chlaymidia or Gonorrhea, possibly both.  I had to take Advil pain pills …

Last reply
  • Mysterious Burning in Urethra (Male)

I'm a male, 20yo and for a few days now I've had a mild burning sensation in urethra. It's not very noticable, pretty much goes away while urinating and is strongest at the end of urination (not after). After urinating it is a bit more noticable, more like a pinching feeling, but it …

Last reply
  • Stinging internal pain penis tip, urine goes way left

Hi, 26 yo male here, totally healthy in all ways except for what now seems to be some troubling issues in the uro space. About a month ago with nothing onset to cause it, my genitals became really tender, along with a pronounced stinging/pinching/nerve-y feeling at the tip. I thought it could be …

Last reply
  • Retaining Urine, Slight irritation around the urethra

So this is my second post regarding the same issue. and was hoping to maybe get a little bit more of an answer. the details of exams taken are. this all subsided after a sexual encounter on May 13th 2018 STD- all negative aside from HSV-1 (followed up with the doctor says yes i am positive but …

Last reply
  • Urolift Procedure 2018

I had the Urolift procedure March 30,2018 at the suggestion of my urologist when I asked if there was something to replace using Flomax in order to end the runny nose side effect. My urologist told me that with the Urolift I would most likely not need Flomax any longer. My baseline is that I am 76 …

Last reply
  • Stuck fluid feeling in urethra

Hi, I came off antidepressants slowly, the last day was 18th. I had my period on the 19th and just at the end I started to get a feeling that pee was stuck at the end of my urethra. After 2 weeks of getting no better, I went to the Dr for a urine test and it showed I had a UTI and was given …

Last reply
  • Urethral Dilation - Male

Just querying - I have had about 6 weeks of pain and constant pressure/feeling to urinate in the head of my penis. On the 28/06 (q week ago) I had a Cystoscopy and they found a stricture about 1 to 1 cm down from the tip of the penis. It was a minor stricture and DR did a dilation to open the …

Last reply
  • Hypospadias re-operation in adult

Hello, At the age of 23 (failed hypospadias surgery at 18 years old due to fistula, circumcised) I am considering having another surgery and I am faced with the decision between two German doctors Dr. Hadidi and Dr. Fisch and thus also two different surgical techniques. I ask for advice from …

Last reply
  • Urethral syndrome

I have urethral syndrome that started within days of getting a Monarch TVT bladder sling. That was 17 years ago. I was told it was in my head, that I had some sort of infection, that I had IC etc. Etc. Now I am coming to realize That I have Urethral syndrome. Constant pain the urethra and always …

Last reply
  • Urethral discomfort.

Anyone get uretheral soreness that seems to trigger urgency feelings that are also in the urethera? I also get what seems like phantom urges in my urethera. When I go to the ladies with a phantom urge, hardly anything happens but these urges, like the urgency feelings, are impossible to ignore. Can …

Last reply
  • Just had a u urethroplasty done

Would like to share my experience with others Male 36 Have had problems peeing for about 3 years about 2 years ago went for a urethral cystoscopy and they found a stricture and done a urethrotomy at the same time . I was then left with a catheter for about a week once removed everything was great …

Last reply
  • Male urethral stricture

I’m a 26 year old male, had a urethrotomy at age of 16 to rid of a stricture but after a bad uti last year Iv had nothing but problems. Had a cystoscopy which revealed 2 strictures. One in penile and one in bulbar region. I then had an X-ray of urethra, whilst having this procedure my bladder was …

Last reply
  • Urethrotomy , can it be successful?

I have always had a week urine stream, though I have never had to strain, it takes me about 20-30 seconds to urinate. I get up once or twice every night to use the bathroom. There is always a little dribling afterwards. This is not affected my life much though it is irritating to be only 28 and …

Last reply
  • Just had a Urethral Dilation and I'm peeing tons of blood

Just had a cystoscopy and urethral dilation this morning (about 7 hours ago) and I was sent home without a cath. I sadly now have diarrhea and everytime I go use the batroom I end up pushing on my bladder to void it. I'm bleeding a lot, Im used to blood in the urine from my stricture but …

Last reply
  • Is this normal for a vagina?

I have a bit of floppy skin just below my urethra it’s not painful or anything and I’ve never really examined down there so this is the first I’ve noticed it. Is this normal? 

Last reply
  • Catheter valves

I just replaced the collection bag attacked to my Foley catheter with a flip flo valve. This is much more convenient than the bag. I just open the valve every few hours and direct the urine into the toilet. The valve also allows your bladder to collect urine and not be empty all the time which is …

Last reply
  • husband catherized, very bloody at tip of catheter.

my husband is 65, had turp done 5yrs ago, last week he was hospitalized due to low bp.he was catherized and he showed me very bloody around head of penis, and blood all over his thighs, sheet, nurse said b/c he has an enlarged prostate. can they tell if prostate enlarged by inserting catheter?

Last reply
  • Ureathral dilation

I have a penile stricture ( born with hypospadius and had several surgeries when a youth) and had it dilated in late 2005 with a urethrotomy.  I have self dilated since then 1 time a day with good success with a Fr 14 .  I only have to go in about 1.5 inches.   In the last month I …

Last reply
  • Have anterior urethral Stricture

Was diagnosed of urethral Stricture and i was told i have 2 options . To either self dilate once  daily or urethrotomy surgery. I choose the self dilation and have been fine for 4 months until recently it appears the stricture got tighter and my bladder have been hurt several occasions after …

Last reply
  • I have been living with urethral stricture for 18yrs.

I am a 37yrs old man. I have lived with this problem for most of my life but am still fine. One doctor told me I had to go for dilation every 3 months, and I did that for almost ten years till I found my redemption. All of this dilatations happened in my home country Lesotho, but one day my mother …

Last reply
  • Suburethral/Skenes gland cyst surgery

Hi. I posted on the Bartholins cyst board but as my problem was initially more urethral wondered if anyone here could give me info. I had a suburethral Skenes gland cyst removed 6 weeks ago with a cystoscopy done at the same time. I still have some pain and loss of urethral and clitoral normal …

Last reply
  • Penis irregularities

I am 16 years old and i had a hypospadias when I was an infant. I have never really discovered the full extent of what the operation did, but now I am older I want to be sure of how my penis is different to others. I feel the length of my penis is short (4.8 inches when erect) and also the angle of …

Last reply
  • due to have a urethroplasty, any experiences / info welcome

Hello, I am due to have a urethroplasty to fix a failed urethrotomy which I had in may 2014. The urethrotomy was a 12 o clock incision, no indwelling catheter left behind to hold it open, no self dilation to prevent recurrence, the urologist felt catheters did more harm than good. I kept a record …

Last reply
  • Self catheterisation

I normally self catheterise but my consultant has told me too stop so they can see if a Urethroplasty is the way to go. My problem is my flow is now very weak and i need to go more often. I have no issues starting but it just dribbles out now and i don't seem to empty my bladder. Now …

Last reply
  • suprapubic catheter advice please.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone with or who has had a suprapubic catheter Could give me some advice and do's and don't's, tips, etc etc. I will be having one fitted on Tuesday after having this urethral catheter removed, been 29 days since this urethral one was fitted and I requested …

Last reply
  • Urethral syndrome all my life

I'm a women of 32years old I have lived with this terrible illness since the age of 9years old. I have extensive history of urology procedures. All of failed procedure! I'm heavily depressed and managing to hang in there with my job Just about. I have special measures in place, as at any …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.