Skip to content
Ad

Urethral Disorders

Also known as Hypospadias

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• ODOR FROM SPC

AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS OF INSTLATION OF SP STARTING TO EXPERIENCE ODOR-WAS TOLD IT WAS A RESULT OF BACTERIA -AND THEY SUGGESTED I HAVE THE SP REPLACED SOONER-CURRENTLY REPLACED EVERY FIVE WEEKS-WAS ALSO ADVISED THAT ANTIBIOTICS CAN BE USED TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE—ANY INFO WILL BE GREATFULLY APPRECIATED THK...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Inercystitial cystitis or urethral syndrome

I had a urethral dilation and a cut to it when I was 20. DSince then I have had constant problems. I am now 63. It is a real pain. I can only wear really baggy underwear and trousers. I do not sit on hard seats and NO sex. It is like a mild form of cystitis about 80% of the time. I believe that the scar...

Posted
  • suprapubic catheter advice please.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone with or who has had a suprapubic catheter Could give me some advice and do's and don't's, tips, etc etc. I will be having one fitted on Tuesday after having this urethral catheter removed, been 29 days since this urethral one was fitted and I requested the...

Last reply
  • About to have an urethral plasty

I remember when I was about 12yrs old I came out of the bathroom crying because I could not pee (urinate), My parents took me to the emergency and the doctor stuck a catheter in me. That hurt like hell. A cystoscopy followed and this seem to work for about 2yrs. The problem came back again and again...

Last reply
  • Female Urethral Stricture disease

Ive been suffering with this most of my life. Had my 10th dilation this yr but if no use, flow is no better & urethritis is always there, can only drink small amounts of water . I'm now being told I have to wait for a Urethroplasty using Buccal mucosa. I'm fearful of being left incontinent....

Last reply
  • Flip flow valve

Has anyone used a flip flow valve had one in today was painful when emptying and also felt a was still full

Last reply
  • Scared to death about up coming urethral dilation

Well its my first time posting on here but I am sh***ing myself over this procedure in a few days. I was hoping I could get other peoples experiences.. honest experiences. I need to get a urethral dilation, I am not too bothered about the actual procedure as il be under GA, but the recovery is scaring...

Last reply
  • Suprapubic cathaters

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm due to have cystoplacy and with that I have to have a supra pubic catheter,I've never got on with cathaters yet never had one supra pubic,if anyone could help me set my mind at ease and let me know what it's like having one that would really help...

Last reply
  • Just had a u urethroplasty done

Would like to share my experience with others Male 36 Have had problems peeing for about 3 years about 2 years ago went for a urethral cystoscopy and they found a stricture and done a urethrotomy at the same time . I was then left with a catheter for about a week once removed everything was great was...

Last reply
  • ODOR FROM SPC

AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS OF INSTLATION OF SP STARTING TO EXPERIENCE ODOR-WAS TOLD IT WAS A RESULT OF BACTERIA -AND THEY SUGGESTED I HAVE THE SP REPLACED SOONER-CURRENTLY REPLACED EVERY FIVE WEEKS-WAS ALSO ADVISED THAT ANTIBIOTICS CAN BE USED TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE—ANY INFO WILL BE GREATFULLY APPRECIATED THK...

Posted
  • SPC two months on

ITS BEEN TWO MONTHS SINCE I HAD MY SPC INSTALED-QUITE AN EXPERIENCE EVEN WITH ALL THE REASEARCH I DID (THK U FELLOW TRAVELERS)I QUICKLY FOUND OUT WHAT I DID NOT KNOW -BIGGEST ISSUE IS PASSING BLOOD -I HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS IS AS A RESULT OF THE RADIATION I RECD--IT IS NOT AS FREQUENT AS IT WAS BUT IN SOME...

Last reply
  • AMS 800 sphincter

Has anyone had one of these devices put in?    Ever since my urethra reconstuction surgery I have no control what so ever when I go.  This device is supposed to fix the problem or at least get me down to one pad per day.  As for now I am using a condom catheter during the day and...

Last reply
  • Female urethoplasty surgery for stricture

hi, i am a 46 year old woman who has just had a bulbar urethoplasty surgery in London. I'm posting as this is a very rare condition and I couldn't find anything much about the condition and surgery online. if you have any questions on anything at all please ask. I had been self catherterising...

Last reply
  • Narrow Urethra, Orgasm for Women

Hello, I have been told that my annoying trips to the bathroom and the inability to empty myself was due to having a narrow urethra. I was curious since I can't find anything online if any woman that have a narrow urethra had trouble having an orgasm. I've always struggled with getting to my...

Last reply
  • What is this? Please help me.

Whenever I open my pee hole of my penis I see white on the urethra walls. It burns when I pee sometimes also. I did have sex about a month & a half ago I don't know if it has anything to do with this. If i could show you a picture to help come to an explaination I would. I just need help it's...

Last reply
  • s s

urethral stricture

hi i am a 59 year old woman suffering from urethral stricture, are there any women that have suffered from this. i would be interested to hear their story. it seems to be all men that are posting on this forum. i know it is very uncommon in women about 2 cases per 600,000.

Last reply
  • BULBAR URETHRA: PERINEAL URETHROSTOMY

I have read about guys that has had the Bulbar Urethra/Perineal Uresthrostomy and most seam to not have had much problems with it but my case is different. I had the precedure done because I am a paraplegic with a suprapubric cathater. I got a kidney stone that could not be reached from the suprapubric...

Last reply
  • Just had a Urethral Dilation and I'm peeing tons of blood

Just had a cystoscopy and urethral dilation this morning (about 7 hours ago) and I was sent home without a cath. I sadly now have diarrhea and everytime I go use the batroom I end up pushing on my bladder to void it. I'm bleeding a lot, Im used to blood in the urine from my stricture but this...

Last reply
  • Optical urethrotomy and +/- dilation

Hi guys, it's 18th August 2017 and I've just had my optical urethrotomy. I'm 23 years old and when I was 16 I got hit with a cricket ball travelling at 83mph hitting directly on my penis causing injury to my urethra. I used to be that guy searching on forums hoping I'd find some reassurance...

Last reply
  • due to have a urethroplasty, any experiences / info welcome

Hello, I am due to have a urethroplasty to fix a failed urethrotomy which I had in may 2014. The urethrotomy was a 12 o clock incision, no indwelling catheter left behind to hold it open, no self dilation to prevent recurrence, the urologist felt catheters did more harm than good. I kept a record of...

Last reply
  • Antibiotics not helping with UTI

Now on second batch, this time nitrofurantoin, 4th day and no relief, something doens't feel right, like all the nerve endings are being aggrivated by something, keep drinking water but not helping much, sometimes feels like its going then comes back again. Even tried the waterfall D mannose but...

Last reply
  • Stinging internal pain penis tip, urine goes way left

Hi, 26 yo male here, totally healthy in all ways except for what now seems to be some troubling issues in the uro space. About a month ago with nothing onset to cause it, my genitals became really tender, along with a pronounced stinging/pinching/nerve-y feeling at the tip. I thought it could be blue...

Last reply
  • Urethral discomfort.

Anyone get uretheral soreness that seems to trigger urgency feelings that are also in the urethera? I also get what seems like phantom urges in my urethera. When I go to the ladies with a phantom urge, hardly anything happens but these urges, like the urgency feelings, are impossible to ignore. Can also...

Last reply
  • I think i've ruined my urethra and subsequently my life

I had a second urethrotomy in November and looking back I realize it was completely u necessary. My first one was back in 2003 I had a pinpoint bulbar stricture that i'm certain I had since I was a teen I am 44 now. Over those 13 years from my first surgey to my second my symtoms never really went...

Last reply
  • Homeopathy to treat urethal stricture

Has anyone looked into Homeopathy in treating urethal stricture.  I am dealing with a stricture problem as you may know. I have spasms, retention issues, blockage at times, and yet once it starts to flow it is like nothing happened. I know they said strictures are irreversible but is there something...

Last reply
  • Help please

31 year old male. I have an oddly shaped lump or something where the scrotum and shaft intersect. The lump or odd shaped "something" is on the bottom of the shaft where the shaft meets the scrotum. It is directly under the skin. Whenbibwoke up this morning it was much smaller however later...

Posted
  • Urethra Dilation Experiences

Dear All, I had a urethral dilation in December last year and I am still in pain.  I now have urgency, pain and a burning (squidgey feeling) in my back passage. None of these symptoms were present before my ridged cystoscopy and dilation.  I had the cystoscopy due to a dull (pain-free) constant...

Last reply
  • AMS 800 Sphincter

Has anyone on here had one of these installed?  I have had mine now for about 7 months.  When I do any kind of lifting or strenous activity I get blood in my urine one or two times and then it clears up.  I don't go back to my  urologist again until next February and I would like...

Last reply
  • Uretha pain in male please help.....

Well heres my story.....Its a bit ridiculous.....Was dating someone for a few months....Well when we were getting intimate she did something a bit crazy/strange.....She was giving me oral and she started to insert her tongue into my penis and lick in there.....I wasnt really prepared for that but was...

Last reply
  • Urethra burning

Been having bladder or urethra burning for a yr now. I take elmiron and urelle faithfully and no help. I test nagative for everything. Now im getting a MRI scheduled to check for urethral diverticulum. Has anybody ever heard of this ? And if so, can it be causing all the burning ?

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.