Skip to content

Urethral Disorders

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • robert02169 2

SPC PROCESS

TOMORROW AT EIGHT O CLOCK I WILL HAVE MY SPC INSTALLED --NEEDLESS TO SAY ANXIETY IS PART OF THE PROCESS--THKS TO PROFESSIONAL HELP IM IN A BETTER PLACE-I AM PREPARING FOR A NEW NORMAL-WILL UPDATE TO SHARE PROCESS IN THE HOPE THAT IT WILL HELP OTHERS

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • AnonStricture 2

Ongoing issues, help!

Dear All, I posted a few months ago regarding my urethral dilation which I had late last year. Nearly three months on my life is still difficult. I have a constant burning in my urethra, the rawness of the stricture site makes me feel like I constantly need the loo, it doesn't seem to be healing

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ollie64 3

my urethrotomy experience, good and bad parts

hello, i am a 22 year old male, underwent a dilation and urethrotomy yesterday morning at york hospital, thought i'd put my experience on here for others incase you are scouring the internet for info haha. i arrived at the hospital at 7:15 am, was wheeled into the theatre and put to sleep at about 11:30am,...

129 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • holly14921 2

Burning Urethra no uti cant get diagnosis

ive been experiencing uti like symptoms for 4 years now. burning urethra pain level is sometimes bareable sometimes not bareable. Had loads of tests done all come back everything looks fine. Urine always normal no uti. Seen a urologist had cycstoscopy and scans etc all fine now im seeing a gyny and

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • eli29740 1

penis / pelvic floor injury?

if a girl tight around my penis and testicles a string for 30 sexual activity after that ive became constipated and had urinary voiding problems for almost 4 weeks now and the ultra sound test for my bladder and kidnes was fine and so the urine culture test what

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ollie64 3

suprapubic catheter advice please.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone with or who has had a suprapubic catheter Could give me some advice and do's and don't's, tips, etc etc. I will be having one fitted on Tuesday after having this urethral catheter removed, been 29 days since this urethral one was fitted and I requested the urologist

18 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • will07728 2
  • robert02169 2

SPC

ON APRIL 20 I WILL BE HAVING AN SPC INSERTED -I SHOULD LIKE TO THK ALL FOR SHARING THERE EXPERENCE - I WILL BE PROVIDING UPDATES AS TO MY PROGRESS-IN THE HOPES IT WILL PROVE HELPFUL-AT THE END OF THE DAY WE HAVE TWO OPTIONS GET BUSY LIVING OR GET BUSY DYING 😊

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • susan556 6

shooting pain on urethra

Since this morning been getting these shooting pains in my urthra, ive had cystitis in the pass and a throbbing pain after passing wee but never this. getting this pain when not even passing urine, just sitting down. A bit of a burning situation as well. Any suggestions for getting rid please? No

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

I will give my personal experiences as well as give some...

I will give my personal experiences as well as give some tips for post operative urethraplasty. I am a male, 28 years of age. I have had a slow stream since I was a child. I never thought much of it, as I did not have problems. However, mid 2005 (at the age of 28 ) I started to have some

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • s 1

urethral stricture

hi i am a 59 year old woman suffering from urethral stricture, are there any women that have suffered from this. i would be interested to hear their story. it seems to be all men that are posting on this forum. i know it is very uncommon in women about 2 cases per 600,000.

65 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • robert02169 2
  • robert02169 2

NEW TO SITE ANY ADVISE ON SUPRA CATH PRO AND CON

SEVENTY FIVE YEAR OLD MALE IN PERFECT HEALTH NO MEDS-TWENTY YRS AGO HAD RADICAL PROS-TEN YRS AGO 42 RADIATION TREATMENTS-RESULTING IN SCARING OF UREATHA RESULTING IN TRIPS TO THE ER TO GET CATHARIZED -SADLY THE TIME BETWEEN TRIPS IS BECOME MORE FREQUENT-AS A RESULT MY UROLOGIST IS ADVISING ME TO

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • rohit43331 2
  • Hollywood 1

Otis Urethrotomy? To have it? Not to have it for stricture?

I have suffered bouts of cystitis since I was 16 (I’m now 32). More often the test results would show negative, but I would still be treated with antibiotics. I don’t think there is one antibiotic that I have never had. Approx 18 months ago – and whilst on an alternating prophylaxis treatment

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jo07238 2

Suburethral/Skenes gland cyst surgery

Hi. I posted on the Bartholins cyst board but as my problem was initially more urethral wondered if anyone here could give me info. I had a suburethral Skenes gland cyst removed 6 weeks ago with a cystoscopy done at the same time. I still have some pain and loss of urethral and clitoral normal

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • AnonStricture 2

Just had a urethrotomy

All, I had a urethrotomy 6 weeks ago to resolve a constant dull need to urinate. Six weeks later pain has resolved but the sensation remains, stricture was small (2mm) and the tightness is less than before and I only hope it will not return. Although I still feel a slight discomfort ... I can

• jane58272 1

Urethral syndrome

i am looking for any treatment that is available for urethral syndrome. It is so annoying and all I think about. Just looking for some relief from the nagging, irritating pain that only goes away when I am sleeping. Thank god there is some pain free time. 

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • buggsy1000 3

Any advice

Hi I was hoping someone might give advice or have had this problems before. I am a 38 yr old male, I have been self catherterising for nearly 3 years, I had major spinal surgery and they damaged the secral nerve, so I have a atomic bladder where it feels up but doesn't empty. Also around the

• unknown1238558 2

Constant UTIs

Hello, im 28/male Im quite stuck about my situation as im not getting clear answers from my urologist etc I wondered what people's opinions were on my any ideas would be appreciated. About 4 months ago i went into A&E as i passed out and i found that my bladder was storing 700ml of water,...

• peter41921 1

BMG Urethroplasty after effects

I've just had BMG urethroplasty and saw my urethrogram last week at the VCUG and there was a definite irregularity leftover at the site of repair. I am peeing fine now, much better than before the surgery, and I have no reason to believe this should be an issue, but I was expecting to see a

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • michelle32158 3

Urethra. Help

My name is Michelle I was told that I might need a diagnostic test called a Urethrascopy. Anyone can tell me about this procedure? Does it hurt? Is a local anesthetic used? I heard it's uncomfortable is that the same as pain? Please respond if you had this test or no someone who has Thank you

• Gomer44 2

Post dviu complications

Why would urine flow improve after a dviu, but now semen only oozes out when it used to shoot out. Plus there is now pain urinating when there was none at all before dviu. Makes no sence.

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • lisa120562 1

Urgency with SPC

I'm asking this question for my father. He recently had an SP tube placed after having indwelling on and off for a few months.. he needs foley in order to keep his creat. level normal. He always had a lot of urgency with indwelling and now that it was determined he needed long term catheter the Dr

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Some of the comments are from people who have had a bad ...

Some of the comments are from people who have had a bad experience or a more severe condition. therefore I thought I would add a comment from someone who has had a mild condition and what I think was a fairly straightforward treatment in case you are due to undergo this process and are worried.

• carolyn011254 3
  • fw123 1

Urethral Syndrome - any advi

Hi all. I'm a 20 year old female, and a few months ago I was informed by my doctor that I have urethral syndrome. I haven't had any physical examinations, this was based off of negative test results for bacteria. Before this diagnosis, I have been experiencing UTI like symptoms on and off for a

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • michelle32158 3

Possible Urethral inflammation

My name is Michelle. I just saw a Urogynecologist and he said I might have inflammation in my urethra. He wanted to perform a urethrascopy and look in my urethra to see if there is inflammation. Has anyone had this test? If yes, was it painful?

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • vikasbarwaria 2
  • odango89 1

Lingering UTI Symptoms After Antibiotic Treatment

Last week I detected blood in my urine  The next day I checked in with my urologist brought him my blood and urine results and I informed him about my symptoms which at the time were only visible blood in my urine and a slight discomfort near the right of my pubic region.  He prescribed 250mg of

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • PST555 2

Urethral Sticture Dilatation

I have to use a 6mm catheter tube every day to keep a stricture from closing up. I have been doing it for 5 days but find it very uncomfortable pushing it up into my bladder until it releases urine. Is it really necessary to go into the bladder ? As long as I get past the stricture isn't that

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ken41731 2

AMS 800 sphincter

Has anyone had one of these devices put in?    Ever since my urethra reconstuction surgery I have no control what so ever when I go.  This device is supposed to fix the problem or at least get me down to one pad per day.  As for now I am using a condom catheter during the day and depends and pads

• LKS 1

Urethral Stricture: Complications and after urethotomy symptoms

Hey folks, so here it is. It was 14th October 2016 when I first discovered that I am suffering from this problem. It was complete blockage of urine and I was not able to pass even a single drop. I was admitted in the hospital the same day and a suprapubic catheterization was done to drain urine

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • ron79409 2

self catheterise problems

Hi I have a urethral stricture and that means i have to self catheterise twice a week. When i do this i have a strong urge for a bowel movment and this can last most of the day. Is this normal as i have searched google and cannot find this anywhere. I also have IBS and have loose movements all the

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • krish10826 2

Urethroplasty-Bulbar and Distal

Hi,Hi I am 41 year childhood i had weak flow.I had circumcision when i was 12 years old as all of sudden i had urinary that it was fine till 2010 when i started getting pain.I had cystocopy and urethrotomy but that didnt fix it.i was told that i had stricture. so had

Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions