I have had Extreme Burning when I pee for 2 weeks; No-one can help me - maybe someone here can?

Posted , 1 user is following.

’m hoping (praying) there is someone out there who can help me.

14 days ago I woke up with a tingling feeling at the end of my penis, on the same day I felt an itch in my eye.

The next day I started to feel a burning sensation when I went to pee, equally both eyes became red. I went to the Dr, they did the regular blood and urine tests, nothing came back positive at all. They told me they thought I had pink eye, but they prescribed me some nitrofurantoin for what could have been a uti.

Day 3 is when it all really started. The most excruciating burning pain from when I peed, unlike any pain I’ve ever felt in my life. P*****g razorblades is an understatement.

The pink eye got worse and the pain in the pee didn’t stop for days so I went to the urgent care, they did more tests and nothing came back positive. There was no other pain, no discharge, no swelling, no redness. I have been told its urethritis or prostatatis but the only symptom I have is extreme burning pee all the time.

I saw 2 urologists, had a ct scan to check for kidney stones and took oxaflacin, tamsulosin and diclorefenec. The only thing that seemed to make the pain go from a 10 to 7 was by drinking as much as I could (which meant I had to go through hell to get down to a 7). But each day the pain would start at a 7 and the mental state I have been in some days have meant I just can’t bring myself to drinking that much.

By day 8 I started developing mouth ulcers and lesions all over my lips and the back of my throat – the pain was nearly as excruciating as the burning pee. My eyes hadn’t improved either by which point I had to go back to urgent care. They told me to go to the ER as they couldn’t figure it out.

I was admitted and spent 3 days in hospital.

They ran every test and kept taking blood and urine. The only thing that tested positive was adenovirus, which does have the symptoms of burning pee and pink eye. They thought they’d cracked it, but I was dubious as to how a virus like that could cause so much pain in a 44 year old healthy man who is monogamous.

I came home 2 days ago and my eyes have cleared up, my throat and mouth is slowly getting better… but the pain in my pee is still there and today hit its worst pain.

This has put me in a very dark place, I have started to think very bad things as the pain is so unbearable. Painkillers (Tramadol. 800mg Ibropufen) don’t really touch the sides.

My next step is a rheumatologist, who I cant get to see for another week.

All the Dr’s and urologists are scratching their heads and tell me it will just pass. But its been 2 weeks and nothing. Ive now lost over 15lbs since this started and losing more weight every day as i cant eat from the worry.

Is there anyone else out there that may have experienced this or may be able to offer me some kind of advice?

Im desperate and have had the darkest thoughts I’ve ever had.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.