Scar tissue in urethra after injury- will it stop hurting?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys,

I had a pretty severe injury of the penile urethra, caused by a stupid penile stretching/enlargement 'exercise'. The injury was about 1cm below the penile head.

I eventually gave it 40-50 days of no activity, and it healed, but now there's scar tissue in the urethra.

If I have no strenuous activity in that area, there is no pain. But I have a sexual encounter, there is an annoying pain the next day. It feels like the scar tissue is inflamed and stretched. The pain goes away after a few hours, but it can be quite severe.

The scar tissue has only been there for about a month, and there is no issue with erection.

Will the pain in the scar tissue stop when it gets broken down more? Is this 'peyronies disease'?

Thanks.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I meant to say 'If I have a sexual encounter, there is annoying pain the next day'

• Posted

Peyronnie's typically causes some kind of bend/curve in the penis when erect. Not sure if this is in all cases though. after the damage, did a new curve start?

• Posted

No, there is no curve, just a feeling of stretching/inflammation of the scar tissue after sexual activity

• Posted

Was it a stab, cut or scrape? Cut is the worst because scar grows on top of wound. No matter what if there was bleeding, the skin will be weaker than normal. If you're able to take a leak with no problem then you're doing pretty good but if when straining/exertion you feel pressure in the area, then you should be very careful and avoid everything that causes even the slightest discomfort for a few months after pain of any kind goes away. If pain or comfort never goes away then life isn't going to be as fun as before but if you're able to keep it from causing other problems like bladder or testicle pain and able to wear clothes on it and leave the house without getting sore then you'll be okay as long as you dont do anything that causes a bad feeling there.

• Posted

Thanks for the detailed reply.

It wasn't a stab- I'd probably describe it as a cut, although I never saw blood.

That is exactly how the scar tissue feels now- pressure.

I know in the remodeling/scar tissue phase of healing, the scar tissue becomes more tactile, so hopefully the pressure reduces.

I have had 8 sexual encounters in the 3 or so weeks since the scar tissue arose, and none of them hurt too much, except for one two nights ago.

I think I know why- because I did some erect kegels during it. I think that is what stretched it enough to really pressure that scar tissue. I will not do that from now.

I will increase my abstinence, and will see a urologist about possibly massage/graston technique to loosen the scar tissue. I think there are some things you can do.

• Posted

If you're able to pee with no problem and wear clothes on it then you're in good shape for now. Dont put anything in there and dont let the doctor put anything in there or you'll be injured even worse.

Penile urethral injuries cant be fixed by a doctor but they'll hurt you worse if you let them (I had to get a Turbt done and they cut and scraped my urethra among other injuries and im suffering my ass off because of it been 7 weeks of torture and counting with only doom in sight) . Dont do anything that hurts even slightly. If you can get a few months in with zero pain then you should be okay.

• Posted

Wow man I'm so sorry to hear that. I have seen a few cases of that on here.

I will absolutely NOT put anything in there, and not let a doctor do so, but will inquire about external massage or external manipulation of the scar tissue area.

It seems I've gotten away okay. I am a very sexual person and, having just turned 30, I want to have a lot of sex. I won't do kegels anymore, and hopefully there won't be problems after sex.

A piece of advice about injuries- leave it with no activity for 40-50 days. That worked for me.

• Posted

how long before everything was good again.

do you still have any pain now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.