New treatment for urethral stricture by urotronic optilume dcb

Posted , 5 users are following.

urotronic has introduced a drug coated balloon catheter to treat urethral stricture but i don't know when it will be availabeimage

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

looks brilliant,im from rep.ireland and have had stricures since road traffic accident in 1999,in 2005 i had urethral reconstruction, im going to birmingham england to have a redo of the recontruction in december this year, id much rather try this alternative any idea when available in ireland /england?

Report Reply
    • Posted

Can't speak for others but for me it was very short term relief and had an emergency situation within months. In 15 years I've been rushed to hospital 5 times, unable to urinate at all. It all came on within hours and the treatment was extremely painful.

Though over the years I began to recognize the problem quicker a non-permanent solution was not an option for me anymore. Each emergency I would end up in agony for a month, needing t have a catheter with a damaged urethra, and attempt to go to work as normal.

Surgery is the only option for some.

Report Reply
  • Posted

Going to have to learn something about this. I know years ago they have a balloon catheter before that my doctor was telling me about Ken

Report Reply
    • Posted

Hey Buddy

I never did bee pollen

My stricture has been fine. It is just before the prostate. A few year ago I had to have clip put back on my prostate. Got the doctor bad he was not my urologist. It is a long story but I will give you the short version.

With the stricture my urologist told me that I can only have a 14 fr coude catheter or smaller. This doctor did a surgery on me I had to be flashed out. He put in a 28 fr straight catheter. I was upset when I woke up.

But with him doing that he opened up the stricture and it is still open. No problems

Have a good day...Ken

PS See if you can do some dilation.

Report Reply
    • Posted

I don't know what effects it makes but it works.i was diagnosed in nov 2017 urethral stricture 1.4 cm in the end of penile urethral called penobulbo. I had to strain urine to get flow.got pain in right kidney bcoz of straining during urinating.i went to urologist and he gave me ciprofloxacin 500mg twice in a day and said don't worry it may be a infection or inflammation of prostate that is causing this and said it is better for you to go for urethrogram.after urethrogram's report he found stricture in urethra by the urethrogram and then he adviced me to have urethrotomy but i refused bcoz i got normal flow of urine without straining with taking cipro 500 mg.when i took cipro 5 days i got relief upcoming 15 days.i had to take cipro for 5 days in every 20 days of a month.so i have been taking cipro from nov 7 2017 to 10 october 2018.when i searched the side effects of cipro on google then i understood that it has lot of side effects.i was searching cure for urethral stricture on google before going to urethrotomy and then i read about bee pollen that it gives you relief but does not treat the stricture.so i tried forever bee pollen and it amazed me from its result.i take bee pollen 500mg tablet twice in a day.one after lunch and one before going to bed.so it is my story frnd.i think being a human and muslim it is my duty to help others that's why i am telling you my story.hope you will get same result from bee pollen.i am waiting for a new treatment which has been introduced by urotronic .first patient got treatment in canada by the optilume drug coated balloon catheter of urotronic.actually urotronic has introduced this dcb to make urethrotomy successfull bcoz this drug coated balloon ends the high recurrence rate after urethrotomy.you can search on google or twitter about urotronic.

Report Reply
    • Posted

what specific brand of bee pollen are you using . i was straining to urinate for more than 10 days and only very small amount come out . i still strain but things are bad . please help me out

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up