Urethral Inflammation that does not go away.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 40 year old male. Until a month ago I was perfectly healthy. I first got what appeared to be food poisoning and my stomach was a mess for almost a week. The strange thing is that halfway through all that I develop what appeared to be a UTI. I was initially given Bactrim for my stomach. I was told not to take it unless my stomach was not right for a period of 5 days. My UTI symptoms started prior to taking Bactrim so the Dr. told me that it should take care of both things. My stomach got better and now normal, however my UTI symptoms was just the beginning of the nightmare I am going through right now. I even ended up at the ER because of painful urination and visible blood in the urine. I got tested for STDs, Urine Cultures, Blood Work, Kidney Ultrasound, and they find nothing. I have taken Bactrim for 5 days, at the ER they gave me a shot of Ruciphen 250 with Azytromicin 1,000 mg, and after my urologist gave me Doxycicline for 10 days. After that the pain while urinating is gone as well as the blood. However, my Urethra all the way to the tip of my penis feels inflamed all the time, especially after I urinate. Today I got a CT with IV contrast today. I am scheduled for a Cystoscopy on Jan 20. I am very concerned about it. Any feedback please? Anybody been through the same and then found the solution? This is affecting me mentally so much. Thank you for reading...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.