Irritated Meatus on both lips/frequent urination + tested negative for all stds

Posted , 18 users are following.

~Pls help!!!!!!!!!

Noticed irritation on inside of meatus 2 weeks ago (pictures) - hasn't changed since and now looks like this. Had full STD screening and have been negative for all (inc. UTI and myoplasma).

I had unprotected vaginal sex with someone mid feb and noticed this mid march (so around a month/4weeks) following. 

I've been tested for everything I'm not sure what this could be, anyone have any opinions or treatment? I had a round of Doxycycline for 7 days bd but didn't do anything. I'm seeing my GP later this week is there something I should be asking for in particular? Are these warts do i have prostitits? should i see a dermatologist? what do i do!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Give it another 4 weeks to see results, and spot recovery, and then possible referral to the surgeon.

• Posted

I don't see anything. I fixated on something similar 20 years ago and after 10-12 months it went away. could have been urethral trauma or slight damage. mine was only unilateral on the left side. recently having middle age BPH / prostatitis type symptoms and the left urethral wall feels more sensitive and problematic like back then. Rest your mind because unlikely to be anything serious, just needs time.

• Posted

Having the exact issue - did you find a solution?

• Posted

hey noticed you posted on this just recently. wanted to see if you got any answers. the tip of my urethra is just a bit swollen and red at times. there has been a bit of dicomfort, burning/tickeling in the tip of my urethra that started about 3 months it was pretty bad but has progressively gotten better. but i still dont feel completely normal. i tested negative for everyhthng they can think to test for. i thiught it could be my laundry soap.

• Posted

I have had the same issue, inflamed meatus itchy burning etc. I went to the doctor and prescribed me cream for yeast infection. It is not totally gone yet but it is getting better. perhaps try some OTC yeast infection cream, it's all basically the same stuff. Don't expect results instantly, I've been treating it for 5 days now and it is only gradually getting better, but it is getting better. It will burn and itch when you put the cream on.

• Posted

Any Updates? im currently experiencing this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.