Sore urethra

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, around December time I was noticing slight irritation on my penis, I assumed it was thrush I only have one partner but she did have any symptoms, she then noticed burning sensation so I purchased thrush creams, my partner’s symptoms went straight away but mine continued, as I thought it was something related yeast I thought was a good idea to thrush cream inside my urethra tube and yeast antibiotic shower gel inside there as well, I obviously regretted it but still continued. After a few days clear discharge was coming out but no smell, I stopped and the the discharge went away but a sore lesion appeared on both sides of my urethra hole, I got prescribed some thrush antibiotics but it didn’t do nothing and the I got prescribed doxycycline and then ofloxacin, it calmed down the sores a lot but they are still there, there’s no smell and only a slight irritation but without the medication the sores turn purple, I’ve been tested for std’s and also paid for private tests they all came back negative and I also purchased a herpes home kit which I’ve done three times and it also came back negative

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Herpes home kit was it a blood test? if not it would not detect anything if you were not having an actual sore to swab.

• Posted

Did you fix the problem? ive been having something similar for 4 months... Swollen opening of meatus, urge to urinate, frecuent burning sensation on tip (without urinating), discomfort, darken urethra opening and sometimes pinching sensation of right toe and burning sensation on both feet (I don't know if those symptoms are linked). Did STD test one months after initial symptoms and all negative, diabetes test and negative, three times urine tests and negative.... went to urology and explained, he said It looks normal, a little bit irritated but it will go away eventually... I'm 100% my meatus doesn't look normal cause I know how it looked before. I'm tired of feeling this discomfort...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.