2 week referral

Posted , 2 users are following.

Finally saw the doctor today, my symptoms of diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, mucus and blood in stool and exhaustion have been getting progressively worse over the last month. Finding a lump inside my rectum a couple of weeks ago prompted me to make an appointment. She said she found a "mass" when she did a rectal exam, but also said it could be muscle tissue. ive been given a 2 week referral. Im scared, and also worried as I'm meant to be working over the next couple of weeks. How long after an urgent referral do you hear about your appointment? Thanks for any help

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

ive got an appointment tomorrow morning so guess i didnt have to wait too long,

• Posted

Thankyou for your kind words

Thankfully nothing obvious was found today. Im booked for a colonoscopy next week and also having tests for neuroendocrine cancer as i have all the symptoms and my mother had it. Feeing a bit better nothing was found today but still nervous!

• Posted

sorry for delay in my reply. Im doing better thanks. waiting for results of biopsies and my 24 hr urine test but staying as positive as possible. Thankyou for asking x

• Posted

glad you doing better

hopefully you will not need to wait long , fingers crossed

let us know

🤞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.