2 weeks in

Posted , 3 users are following.

cuttently being tapered off citalopram and onto venlafaxine, been on them 2 weeks and not seeing any difference sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi gina give it time to be fully weened off them they are an amzing table the best for anxiety and pannic attacks, i am on a mix as mine is server and i have to have 24/7 care by my mam as i choked on a sweet running for my school bus when i was 11 i am now 30 and can not stay on my own or eat, i know its mental, but venlafaxine is the only thing that has helped me i have tried every other drug you can imagine but yes i am on mirtazipine and 300mg of venlafaxine
  • Posted

thanks Richard, im virtually housebound with depression and anxiety, so any positive stories are really helpful x
    • Posted

Me too hun, iv ended up an alcoholic twice .... I dont drink now but when i drank it took away my anxiety its the only time i could have a night out without havin anxiety but i would rather have the anxiety than any alcohol at all so i gave it up after rehab 2 years ago and wouldnt ever touch it again.... Honestly though hun the venlafaxine is a brilliant drug you can go right up to 375mg ....at the weekend they took away my mirtazapine and put me up to 375mg but i was ill i wanted to vomit and i was dizzy .... So i reduced my self back to my normal 300mg with a mirtazipine on a morning and night and that works for me ... Although im only ment to take one at night iv told the doctor i do take one in a mornin aswell i hope you can stick it out but you have to do what works for you hun x
  • Posted

Yes Gina give them more time to work.  It may take a long as 8 weeks. Also the most effective dose needs to be found too so don't be afraid to ask your doctor about increasing the dose.  I am on ven and also pregabalin and I can honestly say that the pregabalin has helped me significantly with my anxiety, so perhaps you could ask your doc about it.  Try to keep calm x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.