Skip to content

Venlafaxine

Also known as Effexor

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Down to 37.5 mg’s

Good day all. Went to see my Dr totay and she lowered my dose to 37.5 mg’s from 75. I told her I had been taking out 15 granuales out of a pill daily and was feelng pretty good. Then 2 days ago we had something happen in our home that was beyond my control and it stressed me out and I felt a little crappy...

Last reply
  • Still trying to stabilize

Been back on Effexor 37.5 after doctor weaned me off 225 way too fast. He put me back on 37.5. It has been a month and I still feel the withdrawal symptoms.! The indigestion is horrible. Nothin I do seems to soothe it. I have some good days where I feel normal. Does this mean I am getting better? 

Last reply
  • Advice please - coming off 37.5mg Venlafaxine / Effexor

Hi all,  I have been on Venlafaxine for about 9 years for anxiety and panic disorder. I was only ever on 75mg but it was the only thing that help stabalise my mental health. When I was pregnant 6 years ago I tapered to 37.5mg p/day which was horrible and when i was pregant again 4 years ago, I...

Last reply
  • First week on Effexor

So after about five years unmedicated I finally caved and decided to get back on psychs. My first week on Effexor has been a little nuts. My last experience with psychs was with Zoloft when I was 18 (I’m 23 now) which has super mild sides so I wasn’t really prepared for this. I took my first dose before...

Last reply
  • Quitting smoking helped my mental health more than venlafaxine.

Hi,  I’m just writing this as I might be able to help someone.   If you smoke and you suffer with mental health problems you need to quit ASAP .  I have suffered from GAD for as long as I can remember and since I have quit smoking I have gone down from 225mg of venlafaxine to 75mg and...

Last reply
  • Weaning off of Venlafaxine

Is there any current information on how to successfully stop taking Venlafaxine? I still have anxiety and depression at times while on this prescription. I would like to stop taking it for a while to see if I start to feel better.  Been having shortness of breath with very little exertion. Thanks...

Last reply
  • Effexor Withdrawal Although No Missed Doeses?

Has anybody experienced having withdrawal symptoms even though you haven't missed any doses?  Normally I'll get symptoms if I forget to take it after a day, or even a few hours later than normal... but lately I've been feeling the withdrawal symptoms even though I haven't missed...

Last reply
  • Scared to start taking Venlafaxine 37.5

Hi all, I'm not sure that I have the room here to list all the problems and issues I am facing right now in massive detail but my main problems are a general feeling of unwell constantly due to awful fatigue/headaches (which are all the time) and feeling flat and every day being the same - I am...

Last reply
  • Just started venlafaxine

I finally plucked up the courage to take venlafaxine last night and guess what, no side effects! Anyway I didn't have a good night's sleep cos I took around 9pm at night, my doctor said to take a 37.5mg in the morning and a 37.5mg at night, but because I had a bad nights sleep can I just take...

Last reply
  • Reducing Venlafaxine dose from 225mg to 75mg

Hi, I have slowly been reducing my dose down after advice from the GP. I've taken Venlafaxine for about 7 years and felt that I was in a really good place. I was happy in myself, at work and home, increased my exercise and had complete control. Since Christmas I have managed to gradually get my dose...

Last reply
  • Is this the cause of reducing?????

Good day.   20 days ago I reduced from 112 mg’s of Ven to 75 mg’s. with my Docs blessing of course. Now I’m experiencing some dizziness and just an overall feeling of feeling not well. I want to get off these meds altogether and I’m just wondering if feeling like this is par for the course!!!!  Hope...

Last reply
  • 4 weeks 1 day on Venlafaxine/NeedHelp/advice

I been taking Venlafaxine 75 mg for 4 weeks and 1 day and I still feel this weird nasty feeling like i am not in this world, Confussed and a little spaced out before the spaced out feeling was there 24/7 now i just have that feeling for a little in the mornings.  I wake up very uncomtable in the...

Last reply
  • 10 years on Venlifaxine

I take 150mg a day and 75mg at night and have done for 10 years or so. In the last few months, I've started to feel anxious even scared. I sweat like a pig, I'm always tired, sometimes sleeping for15/16 hours at a time. I'm apathetic and feel quite emotional at times. Is it possible my...

Last reply
  • Urine issues

Does anyone have urine issues of any sort from using venlafaxine? Or any other weird side effects from this drug ?

Posted
  • Effexor Withdrawal Finally Successful

I am jumping for joy as i have just finished my 3 1/2 month journey from withdrawing from this nasty nasty drug. I have been on Effexor for approximately 10 to 12 years. I was put on it not because I was depressed, but because I had a tendency to make lists and ut worried me if I didn't complete...

Last reply
  • Effexor 4 weeks

Hi there just looking for some feedback. I suffer from depression and anxiety. I was on Prozac for over 10 years with great success when it stopped working about a year ago. Since then I've tried sertraline and lexapro with no luck. Recently I took effexor 37.5mg for 1 week before increasing...

Last reply
  • Came off vensir xl 225mg

So I stopped my vensir exactly 10 days ago(cold turkey),no weaning,(AWFUL), Day 1,slightly moody. Day 2,crying constantly  Day3,felt dizzy,almost an intoxicated feeling,couldn't drive my car or even think clearly.not too mention the cramps in my stomach and running back and forth too the loo,especially...

Last reply
  • From 40 mg Citalopram to 37.5 Venlafaxine

Hello, I started citalopram on January 28, 2017 at 10 mg after going to the ER twice for panic attacks and depression. In the end of March 2017, I moved up to 20 mg. In October 2017, I moved up to 40 mg after feeling depressed, suffering panic attacks and feeling dissociated. I felt better until this...

Last reply
  • Upping dose

Doctor has told me to up my dose to 37.5mg twice a day..my mood has dipped and my anxiety is worse.. but im scared it won't agree with me.. any one else like this?Thanx x

Last reply
  • How long for withdrawl symptoms to level out

Hi, I’m currently withdrawing from venlafaxine as I have been feeling better.  I’ve been on venlafaxine for just over 1 year for anxiety and am decreasing by 37.5mg from 112.5-75mg of XL but I’m wondering how long does it usually take for things to start balancing out please? Thanks 

Last reply
  • Don’t know what to do

I was on 225 Effexor for 15 years. I wanted off due to constant sweating. My doctor weaned me way too fast. I got terrible withdrawal symptoms when I got to 37.5 so doctor put me on Cymbalta 40 mgs forb2 weeks, then 20 mgs. for two weeks. Then he told me to take one every other day. I got horrible withdrawals....

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine withdrawal itching on 37.5

Over the past 5 months I've been weaning from 150mg Venlafaxine and managed to get down to 37.5mg. I need some help of off someone as my GP is useless! How do I wean myself over so many weeks of the 37.5mg please ?? Infact for the past 2 months the 37.5mg I've been cutting that one tablet in...

Posted
  • Effexor withdrawal and body aches!!

Wondering if anyone has experience body aches withdrawing from Effexor and if you have any insight I am coming from 150 mg and I'm titrating down I'm currently at 18.75 and the tail end of this my whole body is aching taking ibuprofen right now but wondering if anyone else has to have these experiences?

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine withdrawal - there is hope!

I've previously posted on another discussion thread about coming off venlafaxine - I was about to take the plunge myself - but rather than re-post on that thread I thought I'd start a new one to give my account of my experience and I hope a chance of light at the end of that awful tunnel for...

Last reply
  • Reinstatement not working?

Hello everyone,  I've been on effexor for the past 3.5 years. My highest dose was 150 mg. I was feeling fairly well throughout most of this time and decided to give getting off the med a shot. I started reducing in September and took my final pill (half of 37.5mg) on the last day of December....

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine causing cough?

I have been on Venlafaxine for a few months now gradually increasing the dose. I have now been taking 75mg twice a day for almost 3 weeks. At the same time I upped the dose, I was given a different brand of tablet. I have noticed that I have started coughing and this is gradually getting worse. I am...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine extended release and headache

I have been taking 185 mg extended release tablet for nearly a year now with no problems but for the last six days have had a headache which has been isolated to the right front side of my forehead which is tender to touch. Has anyone else experienced this? Headache is listed as a potential side effect...

Posted
  • Coming off Venlafaxine to start Mirtazapine

I have taken 375mg of Venlafaxine for the past 3 years without seeing much improvement. Now my GP has decided to change me onto Mirtazapine as it's better for anxiety and insomnia apparently. I have dropped 75mg a week for 2 weeks so far and I am feeling so disorientated and panicked. My anxiety...

Last reply
  • Numbness in hands and feet????

Hi, I have been weaning off Venlafaxibe since late November. I was up to 150mg & very slowly started reducing. I have experienced a lot of disorientation, fatigue, irritability, trouble sleeping, bit the MAJOR withdrawl symptom is SEVERE tingling & numbness in my hands and feet. It is worse at...

Last reply
  • Upping dose

Doctor has told me to up my dose to 37.5mg twice a day..my mood has dipped and my anxiety is worse.. but im scared it won't agree with me.. any one else like this?Thanx x

Posted
  • Venlafaxine 75mg for 4 weeks and 5 days/help

Does anyone feel spaced out and just numb from Anxiety. It's a weird feeling to try and describe but just don't feel right. It's like the mind has shut off. I find myself trying to remember what I did yesterday to snap myself out of it but it's tough so it's like I am getting dementia....

Last reply
  • Best time to take Venlafaxine XL

Hi, I am currently on day 18 of venlafaxine the XL version. I have been taking 75mg in the morning but as mentioned in a previous post I'm feeling completely exhausted all of the time. I'm also not sleeping great but even at times when I've slept reasonably ok I'm still physically and...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.