Skip to content
Ad

Venlafaxine

Also known as Effexor

All discussions in this group

Next
  • decreasing dosage

Hi, I am currently decreasing my dose from 225mg to 150mg as i felt the 225mg was too strong a dose for me and the 150mg suited me better.  On the 225mgi had dissorientation,depersonalisation. increased sweats and increased heart palps, increased anxiety and brain zaps.  I was on 225mg...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine withdrawal - there is hope!

I've previously posted on another discussion thread about coming off venlafaxine - I was about to take the plunge myself - but rather than re-post on that thread I thought I'd start a new one to give my account of my experience and I hope a chance of light at the end of that awful tunnel for...

Last reply
  • Success with venlafaxine withdrawal

Hi guys, After 6 long years on venlafaxine, I have finally gotten off the drug. I don't know if this will be of any use to anyone, but I wanted to share some hopeful words and tips for anyone trying to come off of this nasty medication. I should clarify, however, that I am not angry for having...

Last reply
  • Help with venlafaxine

I am searching for some help and advice please with mainly anxiety. In 2014, I was unable to function and hospitalised. I was prescribed venlafaxine and was on 150mg slow release per day. I got better and was normal so in January this year, having been well for over 3 years, I tapered off the tablets...

Last reply
  • Major depressive disorder

My husband was diagnosed with major depressive disorder 1 year ago and is going to see his psychiatrist to get off of his medication. 1 year ago he was so depressed that he wouldn't leave the house, wouldn't answer the phone, watched movies and slept all day and cried a lot. Although he is not...

Last reply
  • Venlaflaxine overdose

I discovered this site by accident while researching the after effects of venlaflaxine overdose. 2 weeks ago I took 56 150mg of vensir xl and Im incredibly lucky to be alive. I have absolutely no recollection of the event and was unconsious for around 60 hours. When I woke up with drips, cardiac monitors...

Last reply
  • Effexor xr 37.5mg

My Doctor put me on effexor xr 37.5mg and then upped it to 75mg. I felt spaced out on the higher side. So she lowered it back down. A few weeks after lowering the dose I started hearing voices. I want to come off of it. She says take every other day for a week and stop it. Is this enough time to wean...

Last reply
  • More information on Venlafaxine

Still on 16mg per day. Cut down to every other day! Have ended up seeing my GP after really bad head shocks, intense anger and even suicidal feelings! Thankfully I have a good Dr and he has referred me asap to our local mental health team. So it's still on 16mg per day or a 37.5mg per day to...

Last reply
  • Failed reduction.

Hi., A year ago I was on Venlafaxine 225mg and Mirtazipine 45mg. I'd been on these meds for 10-15yrs. I tried coming off the Mirtazipine but only achieved a reduction to 7.5mg because of insomnia. So then I tried reducing the Venlafaxine. I take the Vensir XL, which are capsules containing small...

Last reply
  • First day without Venlafaxine

well guys, it’s finally here. My first day without Venlafaxine after a week taking 9.2mgs all week. Please wish me luck. One day at a time. Any support or advice really appreciated..thank you 

Last reply
  • How long does it take Venlafaxine to work?

I was told by psychiatrist when I got up to the dose of 225mg that it would take about 4 - 6 weeks to work.  I was given the hard white slow release tablets.  After 4 weeks I had a repeat prescription and the tablets were from Spain.  I could not understand why I was feeling worse and...

Last reply
  • Increased dose causing extreme anxiety

I've been on 150mg Venlafaxine for about 3 months - was doing well but had a major relapse a few weeks back - Doctor has increased my dose by another 75mg XL, and though he thought i wouldn't necessarily suffer the same side effects as when I started I am - big increase in anxiety, headaches,...

Last reply
  • Still,struggling to get off Venlafaxine

hi, I've just started a 3 rd attempt to get off Venlafaxine...I took a quarter of a 75mg tablet today after having a quarter 2 days ago. I'm in agony, pounding headache, crying, and sweating in my sleep. I'm taking the omega3 to try and help. What a disgusting drug!! I will never go back...

Last reply
  • Venlaxifine

Been taking the 75mg XL for 6 months, it's stopped my panic attacks but hasn't done anything for my anxiety I can't go out, can't see my friends or be in social places only feel safe at home, when I'm walking in public I feel like my legs have gone week and I'm going to pass out,get...

Last reply
  • Can you help

Hi Everyone,I haven't been on the forum for a while but I would like to ask if this has ever happened to anyone else. I started on venlafaxine in April and was gradually put up to 187.5 mg, after being on this for a few weeks I still didn't feel right although I didn't feel as depressed....

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine Withdrawal - Thoughts?

Hi there, I have been on antidepressants for 11 years, for OCD, and on Venlafaxine for roughly 6 years. At its highest i was on 225mg plus 5mg Abilify. About two year ago my OCD had been under control for a good few years so i wanted to come off the medication for that reason but also I was suffering...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine ER tablets vs ER capsules

Hi, I was on viepax Immediate release 75mg tablets twice a day. (150mg in total) viepax is a generic version of Effexor in the UK.  I never felt quite right on them but felt 150mg suited me best as the 225mg was too strong as  i had disorientation and depersonalisation after 14 weeks when I...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine, and my worries about me

Hi I am taking venlafaxine and have been for over a year 150mg and I cant live without it, or i think, Im not sure whats wrong with me anymore, this is the second drug ive been perscribed and it works better then the last one but im thinking its not right for me. I am happy when i take it and feel less...

Last reply
  • I've been on 150mg efexor XL for many years.

I've been on efexor XL for many years tried coming of them many times but after a couple of months I'd crash and have to start back on them again. Having read many blogs about this subject I am confused about how I should reduce slowly and be free of them and never have to go back on them again....

Last reply
  • 15 MG MIRTAZAPINE PLUS 150 VENLAFAXINE

I went to see a Psychatrist yesterday and she has prescribed 15 mg mirtazapine and 150 mg Venlafaxine.  I have been on both these drugs before - Venlafaxine for 10 years but it stopped working and 15 mg Mirtazapine which only worked for 2 months. I was disappointed with this and said but both...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine, standard to XR.

Hello, I've been taking 150mg of Velnafaxine for about six months now and have found it works for me. However, I was experiencing an issue that I put down to being on standard tablets. As these have a short half-life, it occurred to me that I was on a rollercoaster as regards serum level. The issue...

Last reply
  • Switching from IR to XL

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has switched from IR tablets to XL 24hr tablets please and how long did it take for them to level out? Thanks James 

Last reply
  • Coming off Venlafaxine

I've been on Venlafaxine 150mg for two years! I've cut back to 17mg a day! I'm itching all over, terrible headaches, sleeplessness and generally feeling like I've got a bad cold! It's taken 4 months to get to this stage! I can't stand these headaches, it's all down one...

Last reply
  • coming off venlafaxine?

I have been taking venlafaxine for over 7 years and can admit that it saved my life a few times in the early stages. I have tried to come off them numerous times,during the past 3 years but have failed every time. The gp honestly dosent know how to help, cut down slowly, miss every other dose...I've...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine 375 mg per day

I suffer from recurrent moderately severe depression. Ive been on Venlafaxine for about a year now. Previously I was taking the \"Californian Cocktail\" of Citalopram and mirtazipine but the weight gain of 3 stones and sedation to the point of regularly falling asleep at my workdesk...

Last reply
  • Switching from pregabalin to venlafaxine

Hi, I have been diagnosed with GAD and have recently been advised, by my doc, to swap from pregabalin to venlafaxine. I have had a lot of complications coming off another drug, mirtazapine. So am apprehensive about changing again. Has anyone done this swap and how was it conducted? What doses did...

Last reply
  • Help

Can anyone tell me if a psychiatrist prescribes 225mg venlafaxine xl can a doctor change it to 150mgxl +75mgxl to save cost, my GP has done this and I'm not happy thanks for any replies x

Last reply
  • tg tg

venlafaxine withdrawal- please help!!

Hi there, ive just joined on here to get some advice and support... i was prescribed venlafaxine xl (modified release) 10 yrs ago for severe depression after my daughter was born, over the years this has been increased to 225mg a day. My partner and i want to have another baby and was aware of the effects...

Last reply
  • 150mg of venlafaxine not working

Hi does anyone have any experience with 200mg of venlafaxine, my dose was upped 4 months ago to 150mg. I felt better after six weeks but just recently i feel they are not working, feelings of hopelessness and feeling worthless and crying, think i need to up my dose.

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine week, 4 still trouble sleeping. Help please

Hi I'm almost at end of week 4 venlafaxine instant release 38.5mg.my mood has slightly improved and anxiety as well. I have no problems falling asleep but I tend to wake up every night at 2,and finding hard to fall asleep. Again. Anyone had similar episodes, will. It go away? Thanks so much

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine and pregnancy

Hello, I have been trying to come off ven since April this year, I am now on 1/2 a 75mg tablet a day, it's been tough but I feel comfortable on this dose, I have done this on my own without informing my GP but I have got an appointment in a couple of weeks for a medication review. I'm 39 and...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine and sleep patterns

Started taking venlafaxine yesterday morning. Was worried about having nightmares but I wasnt asleep long enough to have nightmares so I needn't have worried. I am a long term user of fluoxetine, recently changed to mirtazapine as fluoxetine no longer effective. Mirtazapine chosen because I wasnt...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.