Skip to content

Venlafaxine

Also known as Effexor

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Venlafaxine withdrawal or relapse?

Hi all, I am five weeks post weaning myself off Venlafaxine. I was on it for about ten months. When I started taking it my depression had already mostly lifted, I was feeling okay almost all the time but never good or great, my baseline level was neutral and was only ever worse, never better, which is...

Last reply
  • Success with venlafaxine withdrawal

Hi guys, After 6 long years on venlafaxine, I have finally gotten off the drug. I don't know if this will be of any use to anyone, but I wanted to share some hopeful words and tips for anyone trying to come off of this nasty medication. I should clarify, however, that I am not angry for having...

Last reply
  • Help with venlafaxine

I am searching for some help and advice please with mainly anxiety. In 2014, I was unable to function and hospitalised. I was prescribed venlafaxine and was on 150mg slow release per day. I got better and was normal so in January this year, having been well for over 3 years, I tapered off the tablets...

Last reply
  • Ladies help

Hi I'm on venlafex 37.5mg and for 7 days now, tomorrow I double that dose,  I'm 5 days late for my period, definitely not pregnant, have any ladies had this symptom, I've done my withdrawal from citalopram last 20mg was today  

Last reply
  • coming off venlafaxine?

I have been taking venlafaxine for over 7 years and can admit that it saved my life a few times in the early stages. I have tried to come off them numerous times,during the past 3 years but have failed every time. The gp honestly dosent know how to help, cut down slowly, miss every other dose...I've...

Last reply
  • venlafaxine

Hi having read all of your inspiring posts, i am looking for some advice from all out there, bit of back round, 6 years ago i was on the edge with suicidal tendencies, i was prescribed ven to help me through it, among other medication, i have been taking 225 mg all this time and want to be rid of it...

Last reply
  • Ven and pregabalin

Hi I have just been told to up my Ven and to add in pregabalin. Has anyone else had this mix?? For anxiety Rhian

Last reply
  • No stock of Venlafaxine?

Can anyone help me? I’ve been to collect my prescription today for venlafaxine that I’ve been taking for several months and has help me immensely, only to be told sorry it’s not stocked anymore and referred me back to my GP! Has anyone else had the same issue? I’m worried now as it’s the only medication...

Last reply
  • Day 4 tapering on 37.5mg Venlafaxine/Effexor

I'm pleased to say that my hot flushes/sweats have definitely slowed down alot and, virtually gone well at least till I'm due my periods anyway!  The chest pain is very minimal however I still continue to keep a watchful mind on this matter, and I'm still taking the Cod liver oil tablets...

Posted
  • Venflaxaine Drs appointment

Hi all. I went for a medication review today in regards to my Venflaxaine, gosh what a terrible time "COME OF IT STRAIGHT AWAY" no way I am not just stopping that tablet. I'm on Venflaxaine 75mg twice a day, so I'd said I've started weaning to ONE 75mg a day and that I'm going...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine sleep issues on XR but not IR?!

Hello Everyone, I'm after some advice please I have recently changed from citalopram to venlafaxine. At first I was put on 37.5mg of the instant release and had the best 8/9 nights sleep I've had in years! However the last couple of those days I'd started to feel anxious in the evenings...

Last reply
  • Chest discomfort pain on Venlafaxine reduction

Currently now been taking the 37.5mg Venlafaxine for Two day's and, I'm getting chest discomfort in upper front chest, which seems to be mainly on the left side, then it remains there at a less painful sensation, and it also moves to the right!  Has anyone else had this ?

Last reply
  • I've been prescribed venlafaxine

Hi I've have been weaned off fuloxatine and prescribed 37.5 venlafaxine for a week increasing to 75 after that. My mood is very flat and completely lost my mojo. I'm a bit worried about taking more medication and thinking of any alternatives to help me. Any advise on this medicine and if...

Last reply
  • 15 MG MIRTAZAPINE PLUS 150 VENLAFAXINE

I went to see a Psychatrist yesterday and she has prescribed 15 mg mirtazapine and 150 mg Venlafaxine.  I have been on both these drugs before - Venlafaxine for 10 years but it stopped working and 15 mg Mirtazapine which only worked for 2 months. I was disappointed with this and said but both...

Last reply
  • At last Venlafaxine 37.5mg

Well at last today y'all I received the 37.5mg Venlafaxine that i requested to continue my self tapering. For the past few weeks I've been around about on 37.5mg by taking 1/2 a 75mg anyway. To be honest I'm not doing to bad, the only annoying thing I'm suffering with is the constant...

Last reply
  • Advice please needed ASAP

Hi I have been taking 225 mg Effexor X-R for 4 weeks now and the last 2 days my anxiety has been increasing terribly needing advice pleases 😩

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine 37.5mgs slow release capsule.

I have been on Venlafaxine for years 37.5mgs slow release and if I forget even one I feel sick and dizzy next day. My chemist says they are out of stock and it has now been 3 weeks. I have 7 left. Anyone on here know if they are still prescribing them? Thinking of phoning GP today? But don't want...

Last reply
  • Advice pleas?

Im currently on 112mg of venlafaxine. Its a powerful psycho active drug so any gp who prescribes it shd warn users of the severe withdrawal if they miss 1 tablet esp. Xr. Users have to b told they will have to stick to a very strict medicine regime. Im pretty chaotic part of my personality and i can...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine withdrawal symptoms after 4 weeks

Hi, I was on 37.5mg for over 3 months. I had missed a couple of doses and got a lot of tingling. I was also getting hives. I went to the GP and he advised I stop taking it. He said there was no lower dose so I could just stop. I did get horrible withdrawal symptoms, vertigo, general sick feeling (felt...

Last reply
  • Anxiety help

I have been taking 75mg slow release Ven for a couple of year now. Last year I lost my sister who I was incredibly close to. Since then I have been feeling like I’ve lost control of sooooo much of me and my life. Anxiety has taken over- to the point where I can’t eat, I freeze mentally, I am not functioning...

Last reply
  • From Fluoxetine 20mg Venflaxaine 37.5mg

Hi everyone,have been on Fluoxetine 20mg for over three weeks with only bad side effects and no changes for better so went to see the gp today who put me on 37.5mg Venflaxaine ,didn't explain anything really just said to come back if it doesn't work. Being in fluoxetine made me put on weight,I...

Last reply
  • Day 3: Tapering Venlafaxine 75mg

Week 1- if I'm honest i was tapering all over the place, going from One 75mg a day for 2-3 days then taking 1/2 that dose for 2-4 days then I'd suffer hot sweats & an increase in anxiety, waking very late in afternoon 💤 Week 2- i decided to stick at One 75mg for every night for...

Posted
  • When will venlafaxin work

In my last post i mean't to say I have been icreased to 225mg not 125mg! I don't know how long to keep on taking this dose, anyone else had similar experience, just tired if it all.

Last reply
  • How long before venlafaxin works

I was on 75mg tables (modified release venlafaxin) for 4 weeks, then psyc increased to 150mg for 5 wks, and now have been prescribed 125mg and have taken that dose for one week, my anxiety has increased and I can not stay awake (I suffer winter depression so not sure how much tiredness is medication...

Last reply
  • Increase from 75mg to 150mg having few side effects

Hi 6 weeks ago I got tapered from sertraline to Venlafaxine 50mg amd was on 50mg for 4 weeks. I felt a bit of improvement but had a few niggling side effects like tight stomach, bloating and anxiety slowly creeping back in but nothing compared to what it has been like. I was raised to 150mg 2 weeks...

Last reply
  • Cod fish oil tablets to help with Venlafaxine reduction.

Hi everyone battling the Venlafaxine weaning of this medication. I read somewhere 5hat Cod oil tablets help a little in the withdrawal symptoms. I never purchased the Omega 3 'brand' bit Boots own £2.99 1000mg I've started these yesterday Two a day dispite it says One a day (can't...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine effexor - weight gain after stopping

I was on 225mg of Effexor and stopped cold turkey one month ago. My weight has rocketed. I've gone from 9st - 9st 13lbs in that month. My appetite is insatiable! I survived the brain zaps and tears! But this weight gain is getting me down. I find lots of threads on the opposite. I'm just wondering...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine vs sertraline(zoloft) ?

I used to take Zoloft for depression and anxiety and it was helping me alot but i got off it due to sexual side effects. Doctor recommended Venlafaxine and I've been taking 37.5 mg per day for a few weeks now. Does anyone know from their experience how effective this medication will be? How long...

Last reply
  • Tapering of Venlafaxine 75mg Twice a day

Hi there everyone on the dreaded Venlafaxine!!! I was prescribed Venlafaxine 75mg Twice a day for Depression & Anxiety around 4 months ago, to which i discovered for me personnely wasn't helping for either depression or anxiety, & i had so many side-effects it was unreal back ache, aggressive,...

Last reply
  • Tapering off 37.5mg of Venlafaxine HCL ER--ADVICE

Hi all, I have been on 75mg of Venlafaxine HCL ER for about 7 years now and I really want to get off of the drug as it isn't fully working any more for me. I have previously tried getting of the drug about a year and a half ago and it was so miserable I ended up going back on it because the withdrawal...

Last reply
  • Undesided about Venlafaxine

Hi all, Can I ask everybody reading these postings what their opinion would be regarding the benefit I may get from taking 20mg. of this drug Venlafaxine. At present I am not taking any drugs at all, but am suffering greatly from periods of intense anxiety. I am an elderly person, and do not take kindly...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.