Skip to content
Ad

Venlafaxine

Also known as Effexor

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Venlafaxine withdrawal - there is hope!

I've previously posted on another discussion thread about coming off venlafaxine - I was about to take the plunge myself - but rather than re-post on that thread I thought I'd start a new one to give my account of my experience and I hope a chance of light at the end of that awful tunnel for...

Last reply
  • Help with venlafaxine

I am searching for some help and advice please with mainly anxiety. In 2014, I was unable to function and hospitalised. I was prescribed venlafaxine and was on 150mg slow release per day. I got better and was normal so in January this year, having been well for over 3 years, I tapered off the tablets...

Last reply
  • Advice please needed ASAP

Hi I have been taking 225 mg Effexor X-R for 4 weeks now and the last 2 days my anxiety has been increasing terribly needing advice pleases 😩

Posted
  • Coming off venlafaxine??

I have been on venlafaxine for around 20 months at 75mg per day. Basically I am wanting to come off it as I have some unpleasant side effects and just want to be drug free. I have explored natural anxiety relief and feel this works just as well. I moved to the UK 10 months ago and here they only prescribed...

Last reply
  • Advice please - coming off 37.5mg Venlafaxine / Effexor

Hi all,  I have been on Venlafaxine for about 9 years for anxiety and panic disorder. I was only ever on 75mg but it was the only thing that help stabalise my mental health. When I was pregnant 6 years ago I tapered to 37.5mg p/day which was horrible and when i was pregant again 4 years ago, I...

Last reply
  • Increase from 75mg to 150mg having few side effects

Hi 6 weeks ago I got tapered from sertraline to Venlafaxine 50mg amd was on 50mg for 4 weeks. I felt a bit of improvement but had a few niggling side effects like tight stomach, bloating and anxiety slowly creeping back in but nothing compared to what it has been like. I was raised to 150mg 2 weeks...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine Changes

Have been on Venlafaxine immediate release tablets 2x75mg daily  for over a year. After horrendous side effects initially they have worked wonders for me. This month I have been changed to prolonged release capsules which apparently are exactly the same according to my GP but I feel horrendous....

Last reply
  • I can't quit the last dose of venlafaxine

I have been on venlafaxine for 8 years now. I've tried to quit it several times but without luck. It is possible for me to go down to 10 mg venlafaxine a day without any huge problems, but when I quit the last 10 mg my system goes crazy. My anxiety increases a lot, and almost every aspect of life...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine Stopped working after 6 months?

Hi, After 5 good months of taking Venlafaxine and getting my life back together, being back at work etc my depressive symtoms seem to be creeping back in along with increased anxiety levels, i feel like I'm back on that downward spiral to go back to where I was 12 months ago!  I've had...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine 75mg Tablets disappearing

Has anyone else, who was on 300mg a day of the 75mg Tablets and now been given the Subsitute VENLALIC XL 150mg. Had Sudden Withdrawal symptoms ? I have and I am Not happy at all , it has caused me a lot of problems.

Last reply
  • No stock of Venlafaxine?

Can anyone help me? I’ve been to collect my prescription today for venlafaxine that I’ve been taking for several months and has help me immensely, only to be told sorry it’s not stocked anymore and referred me back to my GP! Has anyone else had the same issue? I’m worried now as it’s the only medication...

Last reply
  • When does the venlafaxine start to work?? Advice please

Hi I had been taking venlafaxine for 4years at 150mg with pregablin 150mg. After putting on 4 stone went to doctor and she changed me to sertraline which I took for 5 weeks before anxiety came back with a vengeance. Back to go who increased me to 100mg sertraline and only lasted 3 days before going back...

Last reply
  • Advise please

Hi folks Been on venelalic brand of 37.5 mg venflaxine prolonged release tabs Have agreed with my GP to increase to 75mg I mentioned about any difference between immediate release & prolonged version and she said she would now put me immediate release 75mg starting tomorrow She also said she would...

Posted
  • I need help

I've been talking100 gm of venlafaxine for bout a year now and i had to stop talking it my choice iam having really bad withdraws. What can i do to help it?

Last reply
  • Have been prescribed Venlafaxin 75mg today.

Having read all the side effects people have had or having taking this drug. I am very concerned. About 8 years ago I was on 40mg of citroplam as the strong medication I was taking needed something to counteract the depression it would cause. Eventually I weaned myself off after taking it for about...

Last reply
  • Coming off venlafaxine??

I have been planning to come off my 75mg venlafaxine for about 4 months now. Basically I just moved back to my home country and wanted to wait until I was stable enough to do so. Now I'm ready. I'm going to see a Dr next week but I want advice from people who have actually been through it. PLEASE...

Last reply
  • venlaflaxine with Liver, BP and the nasty withdrawls

Hi. I was started on venlaflaxine in June after my neurologist suggested I was switched from Fluoxetine to this. I was on 225mg with the GP considering upping it to 300mg when I came down with labrynthitis (nothing to do with meds) but the Dr who I saw was worried as my bp has risen to 170/110 when...

Last reply
  • Change from citalopram to venaflaxin

Hello I've been put on citalopram for a month ( was previously on it 6 years ago )but decided to come off medication when things improved in my life about 3 years ago) However I've had terrible anxiety for nearly a month my GP asked me if I wanted to increase my citalopram or try something...

Last reply
  • The Dark side of Effexor

So I started taking Effexor a couple of months after my last baby was born I had lots of Anxiety,and crying spells I stayed on the Effexor because it made me feel good my Anxiety was gone anyway 6 years later I am know on day 26 Free of the Evil Effexor ,I had being through Hell all the withdrawal symptoms...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine

Hi I have been prescribed venlafaxine but frightened to take it in case I get side affects. Doe it really help anxiety

Last reply
  • lasting nervous system damage due to longterm use of venlafaxine

Hi, I have been taking venlafaxine 300mg for well over 10 years, am currently on a withdrawal programme. I was told that it was possible that there may be permanent damage to my nervous system as a result of taking this drug for so long. Does anybody know anything about this or has anyone suffered lasting...

Last reply
  • Adverse side effects lasting 5 weeks

I started on 150mg Ven in June for anxiety. 5 weeks ago my GP agreed to increase the dose by another 75mg as I wasn't improving. I experienced increased anxiety, headaches, and other adverse side effects as expected, but after 5 weeks they haven't abated, in fact, if anything, they're worse....

Last reply
  • Supplier problem

hey! ive been on venlafaxine for over 2 years after various other antidepressants haven't worked. if I'm honest, I feel better than I have fine for years but I've been to collect my medication today to be told that there is a supplier problem!! im going on holiday Sat and not gonna have enough...

Last reply
  • 150mg of venlafaxine not working

Hi does anyone have any experience with 200mg of venlafaxine, my dose was upped 4 months ago to 150mg. I felt better after six weeks but just recently i feel they are not working, feelings of hopelessness and feeling worthless and crying, think i need to up my dose.

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine - reviews please!

Hi, I have been trawling through this forum but most posts seem to relate to withdrawal and coming off Venlafaxine so not really what I'm looking for.  I have been put on 75mg daily today after problems with other drugs: 1. Citalopram - worked amazingly for couple of months - if anything I think...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine Extended Release (ER) options: Capsules vs Tablets

My wife are both taking generic Venlafaxine Hcl Er at 37.5mg twice a day. Hers are Capsules manufactured by Avkare, and  mine are Tablets manufactured by Trigen Labs. Questions: 1. Do these medications perform exactly the same? 2. Does it make a difference when in a 24 hr period they are taken?...

Last reply
  • Sore ear and the sweats

Hey anyone. I had my dosage upped to 112 mg’s of Ven a week ago and I feel like crap. Sore left ear and I get the sweats.  Also feel like i’m spaced out and noticed that I have started yawning a lot.  Just wondering if anyone else has felt like this and how long it lasted!  Hopefully it...

Last reply
  • Effects of alcoholic beverages on patients taking Venlafaxine

Sorry if this is the subject of an existing discussion thread, but I am wondering what effects alcohol might have on patients taking Ven. I suspect that there are many factors, including dosage prescribed, physical condition, and amount of alcohol consumed in a particular timeframe. My Patient Description...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine and headaches

Does anyone else seem to get headaches two or three times a week or is it just me? I suffer from migraines too and have had two since starting Venlafaxine beginning of April, and tend to get headaches at least 3 times a week.

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine withdrawal day 14 😩 Help please!

Hello. I'm new to the site. I won't bore you with the detail so to cut a long story short, I've been on Venlafaxine for about a year and a half. I've recently tapered over 3 months from 150mg, to 75mg, to 37.5 mg and stopped 14 days ago altogether. My emotions are running very high,...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.