Skip to content
Ad

Venlafaxine

Also known as Effexor

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Venlafaxine and phenergan

His guys just wondering if I can take 37.5mg dose of venlafaxine with the normal 20mg dose of phenergan ( promethazine antihistamines ) for allergies?

Last reply
  • coming off venlafaxine?

I have been taking venlafaxine for over 7 years and can admit that it saved my life a few times in the early stages. I have tried to come off them numerous times,during the past 3 years but have failed every time. The gp honestly dosent know how to help, cut down slowly, miss every other dose...I've...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine 375 mg per day

I suffer from recurrent moderately severe depression. Ive been on Venlafaxine for about a year now. Previously I was taking the \"Californian Cocktail\" of Citalopram and mirtazipine but the weight gain of 3 stones and sedation to the point of regularly falling asleep at my workdesk...

Last reply
  • 9 weeks in and not at full remission.

Hi, I'm wondering how long it has taken people to get to full remision when taking venlafaxine please? I have GAD and I'm on 150mg per day.  I went up to 225mg per day but it was too strong and after 14 weeks of taking it I went back down to 150mg.  I have been on these for 9 weeks...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine and sleep patterns

Started taking venlafaxine yesterday morning. Was worried about having nightmares but I wasnt asleep long enough to have nightmares so I needn't have worried. I am a long term user of fluoxetine, recently changed to mirtazapine as fluoxetine no longer effective. Mirtazapine chosen because I wasnt...

Last reply
  • New to this forum, how do I join

Hello. I am new to the CRPS forum and I want to join. But I don't know how. I belong to the menopause forum but I don't remember how I joined. Sorry, I am not very good with computers and such. Please help. Thank you. Take care everyone.

Last reply
  • Doctor said to double my dose and I didn't

Hello Last year my doctor told me to double my dose, I completley ignored her as I knew it was a passing moment, and it was and it passed and I came through it with out doubling it. However around about 8 months ago I hit a major depressive patch and I'm still not thruogh it. My son went to live...

Last reply
  • venalxifine

ive been taking the 75mg xl for about 6 months recently id say the past few months ive been having really bad health anxiety every week its a new symptom ive become very lazy and every situation makes my heart race and i cant even leave the house. im thinking of asking the doctor to up my dose does anybody...

Last reply
  • Still,struggling to get off Venlafaxine

hi, I've just started a 3 rd attempt to get off Venlafaxine...I took a quarter of a 75mg tablet today after having a quarter 2 days ago. I'm in agony, pounding headache, crying, and sweating in my sleep. I'm taking the omega3 to try and help. What a disgusting drug!! I will never go back...

Last reply
  • Venlaxifine

Been taking the 75mg XL for 6 months, it's stopped my panic attacks but hasn't done anything for my anxiety I can't go out, can't see my friends or be in social places only feel safe at home, when I'm walking in public I feel like my legs have gone week and I'm going to pass out,get...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine and interrupted sleep .help

Hi ,I've been on venlafaxine 37.5mg for almost two weeks and even though I have no trouble falling asleep I wake up after two or three hours every night ,no fail,which is really bothering me and making me feel tired .would this go away ?anybody experienced similar effects ?thanks

Last reply
  • I have failed Been reducing for some time mow

I went from 225 mg  with 3monthly drops. I got to 37.5 mg caps  great stuff I thought. But no go for me ..all the awfull side effects came flooding back. I tried to carry on but no luck. My GP lncreased me to 75MG. Then a 37.5 as well.   Today. I'm being put back on 150 mg caps. XL...

Last reply
  • Success with venlafaxine withdrawal

Hi guys, After 6 long years on venlafaxine, I have finally gotten off the drug. I don't know if this will be of any use to anyone, but I wanted to share some hopeful words and tips for anyone trying to come off of this nasty medication. I should clarify, however, that I am not angry for having...

Last reply
  • 150mg of venlafaxine not working

Hi does anyone have any experience with 200mg of venlafaxine, my dose was upped 4 months ago to 150mg. I felt better after six weeks but just recently i feel they are not working, feelings of hopelessness and feeling worthless and crying, think i need to up my dose.

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine withdrawal - there is hope!

I've previously posted on another discussion thread about coming off venlafaxine - I was about to take the plunge myself - but rather than re-post on that thread I thought I'd start a new one to give my account of my experience and I hope a chance of light at the end of that awful tunnel for...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine Withdrawal Side Effects

I've been on Venlafaxine for about 4 years. At first it was 150s - one 75 pill in the morning and one 75 in the afternoon. Since then the dose has been gradually increased to 300. The chemist I use couldn't get 150s so I had to take two 75s in the morning and two 75s in the afternoon. They only...

Last reply
  • Venisr caosules

I'mn 75mg capsules,there are 6 little tablets all the same size in them,I've decided to take one out for a month then 2 for another month etc,that way I'm cutting down really slowly

Posted
  • Venlafaxine and alcohol

I've been on Venlafaxine now for about 8 - 9 weeks - nearly two weeks ago it started to be effective, my mood has been getting better very gradually, anxiety decreasing, all going well - until today when I have crashed again, really down and anxious. I've always been a heavy drinker, not alcoholic,...

Last reply
  • 3 weeks on Venlafaxine XR - just quit, going nuts

Hello, So after trying Escitalopram (Lexapro) for 5 weeks and Mirtazipine (for 1 day - hated that!) my doc decided to put me on Venlafaxine XR (75mg). 1st week - Felt fine 2nd week - became more and more grumpy, low motivation 3rd week - began feeling more depressed than in my entire life After taking...

Last reply
  • Started effexor three days ago ,need some help

Hi ,I have over the years tried several antidepressants .two years ago I tried effexor but had to stop because of insomnia .I now decided to try it again. I am.on day three and decided to only take half the 38.5mg tablets because I know I'm very sensitive to medication. I feel high but tired at...

Last reply
  • Low Mood on Venlafaxine

Hi everyone, Wondering if anyone can help. I've been on venlafaxine XL since 1st April. Started on 1st April on 75mg. Increased gradually under gp and psychiatrist care. Went to 150mg to 187.5mg and then on 9th July I went to 225mg. I've had the usual side effects at each increase i.e. Increased...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine

Hi everyone thanks for all your advice i will carry on with 150 and see how i go, i could always have a chat with my doctor if it needs topping up, thanks again everyone xxx

Posted
  • Taking venlafaxine correctly

Will taking the venlafaxine pill 150mg at night be the preferred method to take it, as for 15 years nearly Ive taken it in the day at lunch after eating. ​ However the day after exercising I ve been having brain fog, horrible headaches, low moods, lethagy poor, extreme anxiety.   ​ ...

Last reply
  • Withdrawal - Confusion?

Hi, I started Effexor XR a year ago. I started on 37.5 mg a day. I now am on a 187.5 mg a day regimen. I take my dose in the morning. I did experience the severe withdrawal symptoms when I was still on 150 mg a day and would forget to take it for a couple of days. Mainly severe dizziness. They...

Last reply
  • 300mg 375mg venlafaxine

Anyone been on 375mg been ar 300mg 12weeks and still low in mood with anxiety. Very tired all the time dr wants to try 375mg? This all started as postnatal depeessiin but shes now 2 and a half tears old. Iv no hope left.

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine and sweating ?

Hi everyone , I have been on venlafaxine for many years 300mg , I am interested to know if anyone else has increased sweating ? I do but I am also on a lot of other meds so I am trying to figure out what is causing it ,any help would be appreciated.

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine strange experience

Hi I have suffered from depression since I was 12 had numerous antidepressants over the years which have worked to a certain extent or not worked at all I recently was told by the gp he suspects bipolar type 2 and reffered me for further investigation I was put on 75mg of Venlafaxine and I took my first...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine 6 weeks on no better

Hi everyone, I’m supporting my partner who has been suffering from GAD since childhood and was on Citalopram for 13 years till it pooped out at Christmas when he had a depressive episode and ended up on Sertraline for 12 weeks which was horrendous. He had agitation, insomnia and increased depression...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine success

I just wanted to post a success story with Venlafaxine as when I was really ill, I searched the Internet for some hope only to be met with bad reviews and experiences. I've been on the drug now for four and a half weeks after six months of terrible, severe depression. (I have never suffered from...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine and zopiclone - be careful!

In an earlier discussion re. sleeping, I posted that I was taking zopiclone to help me sleep. I did warn that it was a somewhat troublesome drug, but I feel I should add a further warning after my experiences, I'm on 150mg per day Venlafaxine, into fifth week (after three weeks on 70mg per day) and...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.