Skip to content

Venlafaxine

Also known as Effexor

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Should I switch to venlafaxine from citalopram

Hi i am looking for a bit of guidance. I took 75 mg slow release venlafaxine for about 8 months just over 2 years ago, induction side effects were pretty awful. Was off work for 2 weeks with high anxiety, had to take diazapam. I recovered and came off them. After a stressful couple of months at...

Last reply
  • Day 8 of Effexor. Anxiety is through the roof!

Hey guys, I’m new here but could use some reassurance.  I was on Prozac for a month and a half and had to get off of it. I was making me more depressed and suicidal. My doctor started me on Effexor. I was nervous to start it with all the horrible things i read about getting off of it. But i was...

Last reply
  • Night Sweats

I was on Ativan for 10 years and I am currently taking Buspar I found my anxiety and mild depression was not managed so my doctor prescribed Effexor and I love it. What I don't love is the horrendous night sweats where I literally change my clothes once or twice in the middle of the night and I...

Last reply
  • Quick switch from citalopram to venlaxafine IR 75mg twice a,day

Hi All! So..started on sertraline late January..didn't work...then citalopram... Also stopped working.. 5 days ago per doc..had me stop citalopram and next day start venlaxafine IR 75mg twice,a,day... Feel ok.. First night..no sleep but now,sleep.is good..a little revved up after 1st dose..but second...no.....

Last reply
  • New user - how long do side effects last?

Just started on 37.5 mg yesterday morning with breakfast. I am nauseous, I have no appetite, and my mouth is very dry. I realize it can take 4-6 weeks until benefits fully kick in, but how long until uncomfortable side effects diminish? 

Last reply
  • I’m just getting so exhausted...

I’ve dealt with depression for many years. Anxiety is someone new to me. I’ve dealt with it for maybe 7 years. But the past 4 months have been a nightmare and it just keeps getting worse no matter what I do.  I can’t seem to calm myself down. Every med I’ve been on doesn’t seem to help. I’ve been...

Last reply
  • 8 weeks on Venlafaxine and still anxious :(

I have GAD and have struggled with anxiety and medication for years. I was put on Venlafaxine 75mg 8 weeks. I seem to have some good days but lately the anxiety is much worse. Everyday I feel as though I have the worst hangover, aches and pains all over and chest pains. As no other ssris have worked...

Last reply
  • Last day of Effexor 37.5 mg’s

Hi folks. Just came from seeing my Dr. And tomorrow will be my first day off Effexor. I anticipate a bit of a rogh ride for a week to 10 days. Anyone have any advice???  I know my brain will be buzzing as my brain will be adjusting to no meds. I plan on doing accupuncture weekly as well as exercising...

Last reply
  • COMING OFF EFFEXOR COLD TURKEY

So I decided to come off Effexor cold turkey because I feel less sharp and have gained 20 + pounds. I'm 22, 5'5 and weighed 127 a yr ago when I started taking this med. I now weigh I50ish. When depressed I have zero appetite and this drug made me LOVE food more than ever. However, I wasn't...

Last reply
  • How do know if you need to increase ur dose

Hey iv been on 75mg of venaflaxine at nite immediate release and the pass few days my mood has dipped and my anxiety has came back but not as bad as it was but its back...im tired and very stressed at the min...is it just a rough patch or would my medication need Increased? Tia

Last reply
  • Libido problems with Venlafaxine

Hi, can I ask has anyone here ever experienced loss of libido problems with Venlafaxine? My libido has never been great but now it's totally gone? Seams odd, Is it normal? 

Last reply
  • Quick switch from citalopram to venlaxafine IR 75mg twice a,day

Hi All! So..started on sertraline late January..didn't work...then citalopram... Also stopped working.. 5 days ago per doc..had me stop citalopram and next day start venlaxafine IR 75mg twice,a,day... Feel ok.. First night..no sleep but now,sleep.is good..a little revved up after 1st dose..but second...no.....

Last reply
  • Feeling off today, sad.

Hi. Just needed some support today. It's cloudy and rainy and I'm sure from yard work yesterday. It was bright and sunny then. Went to bed about 11:30 on a half dose of trazadone and wine up at 5 am. Feeling a bit anxious. I've been back on brand name Effexor XR 75 for several months,...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine Withdrawal symptoms

been on this med for years. Recently decided to try and ween off I started at 150 milligrams and reduced the dosage by 20 milligrams each week.  So this has not been a quick reduction by any means. Last week I went from 20 to 10 milligrams. The whole reduction process has been challenging but this...

Last reply
  • Scared

I've been on venlafaxine 75 mg for about 6 months now...will I still have the terrible withdrawals if I stop now? Can I lower my dose slowly...wld that help? I missed the pill a few times n my head n eyes feel funny..like my eyes seem to jerk or feel weird when I turn my head to look at something...this...

Last reply
  • 4 weeks on venlafaxine at 150mg

Hello, have been on venlafaxine at 150mg, split morning and evening. This was after a long tapered switch from citalopram, which took me to rock bottom. Ive found ven really agreeable to take, and have improved from feeling hopelessly depressed, to feeling depressed. I still have little interest in doing...

Last reply
  • Off Venlafaxine

I was on 225mg OD of this drug and ended up with terrible side effects, which I didn’t know at the time was related to it.  I had terrible tingling sensation in my face, lips, crunching in my ear and sweating like I was hit was a virus and this would occur every couple of days or every couple of...

Last reply
  • how long do the withdrawls last when going off Effexor?

Hi all, I was taking 37.5 mg Effexor capsules and dr upped it to 75mg about 1 1/2 years ago. I have been slowly tapering off the 75 and just using the 37.5. I had gone on Effexor years ago when some family issues arose along with losing our house in a fire in 2013. Plus the dr said it would help with...

Last reply
  • Brain Zaps From Effexor. Please help!

I’ve been on Effexor before, and coming off even tapering down I experienced brain zaps horribly. Ive been back on it for 5 months now, at 225mg in the morning. The past few days I’ve been experiencing the same withdrawal symptoms as coming off of it. My doctor says it’ll pass, but it seems to be getting...

Last reply
  • Missed dose!

Hi, I forgot to take my ven last night. I take 75mg XR every 12 hours as I metabolize too fast to go 24 hours! I should have taken the dose at 10pm but woke in the night at 4:30am and realised I'd forgotten. I've had brain zaps all day, I took my other 75mg at 4pm and still have brain zaps! I...

Last reply
  • Living without venlafaxine

Been taking it for 5 years .was taking 75mg twice a day felt after 2 years one a day may be better because it seemed Igot stressed often for no reason.now i just want to get off it don't want to go through the mood swings etc .I have read posts and skunds like once you get free of it you do feel...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine 75 mg to 150 mg more depressed!

I was initially on venlafaxine 75 mg for about 15 years. I had my dosed increased about 11 weeks ago due to heightened anxiety and severe depression. I have thyroid issues (Graves and Hashimotos) and my levels still are not the best. I also am dealing with hormone flucuations as well. I literally can...

Last reply
  • Side effects

What are your side effects from using venlafaxine Effexor??? Would love to know what you all go through also. I’m in hell rite now 

Last reply
  • coming off venlafaxine?

I have been taking venlafaxine for over 7 years and can admit that it saved my life a few times in the early stages. I have tried to come off them numerous times,during the past 3 years but have failed every time. The gp honestly dosent know how to help, cut down slowly, miss every other dose...I've...

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine and pounding headaches

so I started on 75mg for about a month or 6 weeks. then moved onto 150mg. about two weeks after starting the original dose I suffered from terrible headaches, but they went away after about a week. about two weeks after starting this new dose I started to get terrible headaches again. it's been over...

Last reply
  • Trying to decide if Effexor is right for me

Needing a little advice.  I’ve been in Effexor for 2 weeks after having a horrible time on Prozac. I was on Prozac for a month and a half and got extremely depressed and suicidal. My doctor started me on Effexor and my depression went away right away.  My anxiety has been horrible though. And...

Last reply
  • lasting nervous system damage due to longterm use of venlafaxine

Hi, I have been taking venlafaxine 300mg for well over 10 years, am currently on a withdrawal programme. I was told that it was possible that there may be permanent damage to my nervous system as a result of taking this drug for so long. Does anybody know anything about this or has anyone suffered lasting...

Last reply
  • Effexor Withdrawal Finally Successful

I am jumping for joy as i have just finished my 3 1/2 month journey from withdrawing from this nasty nasty drug. I have been on Effexor for approximately 10 to 12 years. I was put on it not because I was depressed, but because I had a tendency to make lists and ut worried me if I didn't complete...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.