Skip to content

Venlafaxine

Also known as Effexor

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Is venlafaxine right for me?

Hi Everyone. Would be really good if I could get some feedback from some of you! I started with very bad anxiety ( which my CPN thinks is triggered by lack of sleep). I was started on venlafaxine just over 6 weeks ago. 75mg extended release for the first 2 weeks and then upped to 150mg which I&# …

Last reply
  • weight gain

I have gained 25-30 pounds since being on Ven. one year this month.  Has anyone else gained all this weight? What can a person do to lose it. I have never weighed this much in my life and this alone is very DEPRESSING to me. Help

Last reply
  • Diminished appetite on Venlafaxine?

Been on 75 mg’s now for 3 weeks.  Anyone else have a low appetite?   When will it come back to normal?  Some evenings I can eat a bit. Others no.   Daytime is the worst.  I think I would feel much better if I could have my normal appetite back.  I wanted to lose some …

Last reply
  • Living with depression and Venlafaxine

I posted for a while on here over a year ago as had been on Venlafaxine for 40 years ! I was encouraged to wean off by medical friends and used the procedure of an australian lady ( OZ) cant recall number. She had weaned off satisfactorily so I used her ideas. It all worked very well till I got …

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine withdrawal - there is hope!

I've previously posted on another discussion thread about coming off venlafaxine - I was about to take the plunge myself - but rather than re-post on that thread I thought I'd start a new one to give my account of my experience and I hope a chance of light at the end of that awful tunnel …

Last reply
  • I have finally stopped Venlafaxine... ...shock of electricity

I have finally stopped Venlafaxine, I feel totally fine and content, but the only thing is... when ever i move my eyes up,down left or right I get this weird sensation for a split second, it's like a wave or a really really low shock of electricity, it doesn't hurt but its unpleasant. I …

Last reply
  • Life event, venlifaxine not working

Hi, I've been a big cheerleader for this medication and I feel like it's dropped me. We recently had a major life event that turned me inside out. My anxiety and panic have skyrocketed. I can't sleep. I can't think about much else. I've lost weight. I'm such to my …

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine and alcohol

I've been on venlafaxine about 8 weeks now. Going on holiday do you's think I'd be ok too have a wee wine Spitzer or 2. Or a wee low alcohol cider. I would never go and get drunk. Has anyone had bad experiences taking alcohol on this antidepressant xxx

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine and pounding headaches

so I started on 75mg for about a month or 6 weeks. then moved onto 150mg. about two weeks after starting the original dose I suffered from terrible headaches, but they went away after about a week. about two weeks after starting this new dose I started to get terrible headaches again. it's been …

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine headache/head pressure

Hi, I’ve been on venlafaxine 9 weeks in total. 2 weeks at 75msg, 2 weeks 150msg and 5 weeks 225mgs.  I have seen small improvements in mood but still not good. My main concern right now is the headaches, feels like tension headaches and pressure in the front of my head. It leaves me unable to …

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine and acid reflux?

Hi have any of you had any terrible acid reflux or evening just general acidity in your stomach that means you are in constant pain? I had a normal endoscopy before I took it (had a bad flare-up of reflux and was sent for one, but waited so long, flare-up cleared up) I'm wondering if it's …

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine vs sertraline(zoloft) ?

I used to take Zoloft for depression and anxiety and it was helping me alot but i got off it due to sexual side effects. Doctor recommended Venlafaxine and I've been taking 37.5 mg per day for a few weeks now. Does anyone know from their experience how effective this medication will be? How …

Last reply
  • Withdrawals

When will this end I was on Effexor for around 5 months over that time I got up to 150mg starting at 37.5mg and then getting back down to 37.5mg and have been completely off for 3 weeks .. the first 3 days amazing and then bang .. anxiety depression panic attacks anger body pain when will it end I’ …

Last reply
  • I was using sertraline75mg for more than one year.

After this time , the symptoms were back where it started, the Dr now prescribed me venlafaxine 50mg after running a enzyme gene test to see what medication works best for me. I havent take any pill yet , im just afraid of changing meds, he also gave trazodone 50mg.. any advice?

Last reply
  • No appetite until later in day?

Almost 3 weeks on ven 75 & still barely have an appetite until later in day like dinner time or evening.  Is this common when starting up ?  Anyone else feel like this?

Last reply
  • Almost 3 weeks on 75 ER-shaky & headaches

Is this normal? I know it’s early yet I’m my treatment & I’ve had some great days & some not great days like today.  Soooo tired today & have had headaches all day.  No appetite. Bums me out after I had some really great days. Just need some words of encouragement I think.  …

Last reply
  • Trying Tryptophan

Hi all. So I read online that using Tryptophan will help with the zaps. I dont know if anyone has tried this but beware if you do. It takes about 5 days to work this stuff into your system. Just wished those horrible zaps would go away. Its almost 8 weeks that I have been off Ven and hopefully will …

Last reply
  • Side effects please help!

Hi, I have been on venlafaxine a total of 8 weeks. 2 weeks 75mgs, 2 weeks 150mgs and 4 weeks 225mgs. I am still feeling tired and have constant headaches/ head tension. It’s helped with my anxiety and depression a little but the tierdness and headaches are making me feel low. I spend a lot of time …

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine and Mirtazapine combo

My doc has prescribed now Venlafaxine 75 XR in addition to Mirt 45. Mirt by itself has not been helping with my depression a lot. It helps with sleep though. My psych said that Venlafaxine should help. Anyone on similar combo? Is it helping with depression?

Last reply
  • Venlaflaxin 37.5mg

Hi folks been on venlaflaxine for 4 weeks 37.5mg still feeling a bit yuk! Nausea / dizzy! Does this go away doctor has said to give it 4 to 8 weeks...im on diazepam 2mg and omeprazole also! Has anyone else got side effects after 4 weeks ! Any help please

Last reply
  • Increased dose not helping - should I reduce?

I started on Venlafaxine in January for anxiety and agoraphobia.  When I was on 150mg (2 tablets twice a day) it was really helping with the anxiety, but not so much with the agoraphobia.  It was then increased to 225mg., I have now been on 225mg for 3 months and it doesn't seem to …

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine increase. Awful headaches :(

A week ago I increased from 150mg to 225mg. At first I felt very jittery and anxious but that seems to have passed and since yesterday I've had an awful headache! Painkillers don't really do much, the only thing that seems to relieve it is laying down and relaxing/sleeping. Has anyone else …

Last reply
  • Anyone on just 75 mg’s Effexor & just fine?

On 75 mg once a day extended release.  Have heard “that’s nothing”.   Tons of people I know are on larger doses.  Would like to hear from anyone on just 75 & doing fine. Been on this dose less than 2 weeks & doing”ok” right now. Appetite is back for the most part but still …

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine

is this drug good for anxiety disorders and panic attacks. Been on it for 10 days four at 37.5 and 7 at 75XL. When does it usually kick in?

Last reply
  • Feel shocking!

So after 8 weeks on this venlafaxine (2 weeks 75mgs, 2 weeks 150mgs and 4 weeks 225mgs) , I found out today that it’s been totally prescribed wrong!! I’ve been prescribed immediate release to be taken ONCE a day instead of divided doses of 2-3. So been taking 225mgs rapid release once a day in the …

Last reply
  • Sweats or hot flushes

I have been on Venlafaxine 225mg for a few months now. I am also post menopausal. My issue is that I am having mad sweating moments which feel like I am suddenly overheating and mainly my scalp and face start sweating, This is happening several times a day and is driving me crazy. Is it likely that …

Last reply
  • Feel shocking!

So after 8 weeks on this venlafaxine (2 weeks 75mgs, 2 weeks 150mgs and 4 weeks 225mgs) , I found out today that it’s been totally prescribed wrong!! I’ve been prescribed immediate release to be taken ONCE a day instead of divided doses of 2-3. So been taking 225mgs rapid release once a day in the …

Last reply
  • Help feeling confused!!!

Hi I’m looking for some advice please. I collected my prescription today for venlafaxine immediate release from a different chemist, the pharmacist came out from behind the counter to had me them, he asked how long I had been taken my daily dose (225 mg in the morning) and asked was I feeling ok …

Last reply
  • Venlafaxine

i have terrible anxiety can it take 6-8 weeks for this drug to work. I am feeling scared. At 75mgs xl for 26 days. Last time I took it it seemed to work better by now

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.