225mg venlafaxine

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi so iv been on 225mg of venlafaxine now for 5 weeks and still no improvement in my anxiety how long should i give it before i decide on my next course of action ?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It took over six weeks for me. Don't give up hope. Keep taking it., you're nearly there now. Good luck mate, I know what you are going through and it's awful, but you WILL feel better, just give it a bit more time.

• Posted

I'm on 225's as well btw. I couldn't believe how long it took the last time I had to get myself back on them.

• Posted

thanks james appreciate that, iv been on ven for months now but i was taking 150mg and 30mg of mirtazapine which was recomended but it never helped so doctor took me off mirtazapine and upped my ven to 225 like i say 5 weeks ago was hoping to see some improvement but i understand it takes time. the doctor did say that 225 is a good dose to be on so fingers crossed

• Posted

One dose of 225mg per day, it's a prolonged release one. Sorry for the late reply.

• Posted

give it at least 3 months

• Posted

maybe a couple of months on that dose of mirt tbh i cant remember if it was 22.5 or 30 lol either way im off it now been off it for about week and half maybe 2

• Posted

varies per person. for some it can be quite bad even after short term use

• Posted

Hi Aaron. I am on 75mg but I have not noticed a difference in my anxiety symptoms.

What are your symptoms? i think my dose is low.

• Posted

my symptoms are bad anxiety obsessive thoughts intrusive thoughts panic attacks maybe your dose is too low

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.