Venlaflaxine and hormones playing up

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

Ive taken Venlaglaxine now for quite a few years. I suffered with really bad peri and post natal anxiety. They really helped. My youngest is 2.5 years old now and I’m still on the meds as I’m waiting for Psycology and my Psych/Dr advises strongly against coming off them before or whilst having it - which Icompletely understand.

However my hormones are behaving crazy. Loads and loads of symptoms. The worst being extreme tiredness, painful acne, sweating, muscle aches and every few months, bed ridden headaches.

To point I thought am I starting early menopause (I'm 38). Ive had lots of tests with blood and everything has come back perfect. So now I’m back to thinking its these tablets. I learnt from Dr that they’ve started giving Ven as an alternative to HRT to some women who can't use HRT. Apparantly they help with the effects of menopause. After further reading, VEN can apparantly increase Oestrogen?!

Anyway, I just wanted to see if I'm not on my own out there and if any other women that take VEN have had similar experiences with hormones and if so, any tips on combatting the symptoms. I'll come off VEN when I've had my psycology.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.