2 weeks in to amitriptyline, advice please

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, started on the above at 10 mg for tension headaches which had been on going for several years. and bad dizziness for the last couple of months.

was wary, as have had a lot of negative reactions to ssris over many years.

Have always had severe anxiety, and am a complete hypochondriac!

So 2 weeks in, on the positive side I haven't had a tension headache for 3 days, which is rare, and I am sleeping a lot, also unheard of! The dizziness is slightly reduced, and

I would also say my anxiety has slightly reduced.

my main issue is tiredness, am am shattered and really have to push myself to get up, and get things done during the day. My heart rate is also up, and I seem to be getting a lot of hot flushing on my face.

can anyone tell me if these side effects will settle down over time?!

Am swithering whether to reduce to 5 mg.

any advice/ other people's experience would be appreciated. cheers Adam

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.