2 weeks into upped dosage and feel strange

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI All,

I'm into my second week of starting my evening dose of 37.5 mg immediate release. For 6 months i was only taking 37.5mg in the morning. Felt ok on this dose but could of been better.

I have felt absolutely fine up until this afternoon, i feel on edge and slightly anxious. I'm wondering if the increase is just starting to kick in. Its an awful feeling as you are all

probably well aware of... any advice?

Thank heavens for this forum !

N

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am on 300mg Slow Release Capsules and feel fine now. I was on 450mg Slow Release Capsules and ended up with terrible indigestion so my phsyciatrist lowered the dose. She believes that Venlafaxine works well at high doses. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi I'm on 75mg slow release and I have bad anxiety up until lunchtime I take mine at 7pm every night apart from that I'm not to bad

• Posted

This will pass. I had the same experience when increasing a dosage. I think a lot of it was myself just being anxious about taking a larger dosage.

• Posted

You're right Sheila! The mind is a powerful thing. I'm my own worst enemy.

Wouldn't it be great if Ven stopped us overthinking.

N X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.