2 weeks no loss! no side effects why no loss?

Posted , 3 users are following.

sad i have been takijng orlistat 2 weeks now and lost nothing, i have had no side effects yet & sticking to low fat and as advised i do 25mins on my strider every 2 days, i eat sultana bran & skimmed milk for beakfast, weightwatcher brown bread sandwich & boiled egg/mullerlight smooth & fruit for dinner & a low fat ready meal or crab salad for tea as i am at work, snacks i have a snackojack jumbo or ryvita break, where am i going wrong im desperate and losing the will, help!!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

it seems you are taking in very little fat anyway, you will only get the side effects if you consume fat in your diet therefore no fat = no side effects

it doesn't sound like you are going wrong anywhere, you seem to be sticking to a strict diet but maybe you could up the exercise

If you don't mind sharing what is your background and lifestyle, ie do you have a lot of weight to lose, are you young etc etc

• Posted

I am 36 and 5ft 9in & weigh 18 stone, i was a size 12 before my 3 children & now a 22, i work pt as a homeless support worker, i hate exersise but willing to try & give it a go, my youngest is 3 in may. it's been 3 weeks now & still no loss i am about to give up :!: :!: :cry:
  • Posted

I'm sure that a bit more exercise will really help - I'm not doing any at the moment (I'm out of the house at 7:30am and back at 6:30pm) but as soon as the clocks go foward I'm going to go out walking - the cheapest and best form of exercise ! How about dancing with your 3 year old - stick on the music channel or a video and have a giggle with them.

Don't push yourself or you will hate every minute of it - treat yourself after your walk, lock the bathroom door and have yourself a big bubble bath - close your eyes and remember a time when you were your ideal size and weight and remember how it made you feel - then tell yourself that you can be that person again if you work at it.

If you need moral support PM me your email addy and we'll keep in touch and help each other out.

I'm 38, 5'4\" and 11 stone - I'm a size 12/14 and want to lose a stone and a half - my doc says I'm not obese and my BMI was normal but she can see how much weight I have put on in 2 years (since she diagnosed my depression funnily enough). I sometimes feel a fraud when I read everyone elses stories but I'm still heavier and bigger than I want to be and I couldn't shift the weight no matter how hard I tried (I love my food) before I got the Orlistat.

J

• Posted

hi dottyegg, i feel just like you do and eat the same kind of things as you. I had been on low fat diet since oct last year after being told i had early stage polycystic ovaries and iafter 14 weeks i lost nothing. so this was my last resort really, I've been on it since last friday and have not lost anything yet, I'm so scared that i won't lose anything in the 4 weeks before i got back to gp, i'm very active i have a three year old too and i'm never still we walk everywhere we can and we garden and go swimming once a week. I an 5'4\" and weight 14 stone i need to lose about 4 stone. I feel like i'm hitting a brick wall, but in my heart i know i've changed my complete outlook on food and will never slip back into my old habits.

Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.