2 weeks off terbinafine and side affects still there ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi finished 3 months of terbinafine 2 weeks ago and still getting a slight rash and itching of my skin has anyone had this for this long after they stop taking the tablets ??????????

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think you need to talk to your GP Steve.  What is the rash?  Have you seen a Dermatologist, is it a fungal condition at all?

• Posted

Yes it was a nail infection, didn't get a rash or itching until 4 weeks into the course, it's nothing like it was when I was on the tablets but still annoying and its dried my skin out terribly 😟
    • Posted

Some years ago, I had a rash and a GP thought it was ringworm, so prescribed Terbinafine, which triggered something completely different.  [And I didn't have ringworm anyway]

Perhaps the problem is the Terbinafine and not the nail infection, in which case, you would need to go back to the doctor

Have you tried something like Nivea for your dry skin?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.