Skip to content
Ad

Fungal and Yeast Infections

Also known as Antifungal Medication, Aspergillosis, Athlete's Foot, Clotrimazole, Econazole, Fluconazole, Isoconazole, Ketoconazole, Miconazole, Nystatin, Ringworm, Terbinafine, Tinea, Yeast Infections

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Terbinafine Loss of taste

I had taken terbinafine for about six weeks for a toenail infection when my sense of taste pretty much completely disappeared over the course of 3-4 days.  I have a vague salty/bitter taste in my mouth, but nothing tastes of anything....sweet, salt, bitter...all gone.  I can put pure sugar...

Last reply
  • Yeast Infection Question

Hello So I have been suffering with frequent urination for the past couple weeks. I didn’t have discharge or really any itching. I literally have been to urolgost, my urine tested and tested over again for UTi all of which comes back negative. I went to gyno this week and turns out I have a yeast infection....

Posted
  • Taking antidepressants with candida

I suspect I may have candida as I display some of the symptoms, especially depression, but I can't get a GP appointment for a while and considered taking the SSRI's I got previously. But is taking antidepressants while suspecting I have candida overgrowth a good idea? ps. its citalopram 10 mgs

Posted
  • Recurring vaginal yeast infection

Has anyone suffered from recurring vaginal yeast infections.  Diflucan did not help me.  I used boric acid suppositories for a month and it cleared up.  10 days later another yeast infection.  Has anyone continually used boric acid suppositories? I see the Dr. tomorrow to get checked....

Last reply
  • Needle pain

My girlfriend has been complaining about a sharp needle like pain in her vaginal area. What can it be ?

Posted
  • How long does Terbinafine take to work

Hi everybody, I've been taking Terbinafine now for three weeks (eight week course) for a skin infection but i am yet to see any improvement. Is this normal only i expected to see some signs by now. Just wondering if i should visit the docs again. No side effects for me fortunately after what i've...

Last reply
  • I have Ringworm infection for 2 months....

I have Ringworm infection for 2 months.... Once I went to see dermatologist and he prescribed terbinaforce cream and  fluconazole 250mg only Tuesday and Thursday per week for 2 week.(that means only 4 tablet). But my ringworm was spreaded .  Then again I went to see another dermatologist...

Posted
  • Terbinafine not working for fungal infection

I have jock itch nd fungal infection on the back and neck also.I was prescribed with terbinafine for 42 days along with ketoconazole 2% cream.I m on 23rd pill now but yet to see any significant improvement.The bump in the groin area goes down a little but no major improvement.It is now started to spread.What...

Last reply
  • Fungal infection on my face?

Hello, I really need some help. I have an accumulation of.. something that builds up. I've removed it several times with a moisturizer + Aquaphor which softens it up and it comes off in the shower but a week later it's back and spreading again. It's all over my forehead, my nose, between...

Last reply
  • Infection on my penis or STI??

I've had this infection on my penis for the last 3-4 months. I've tried everything from over the counter medicine to home remedies but it just won't go away. I applied the cream for 2-3 weeks, two times a day regularly. It felt normal during that time but the infection came back the minute...

Last reply
  • My son has kerion of the scalp. Need some advice

Hi guys. I've joined the forums in a hope someone has been through something similar and can put my mind at ease. In December my 8 year old son was diagnosed with alopecia which at the time was devastating. It got worse and a month or so later I took him back and was told it was in fact ringworm...

Last reply
  • I’m scared I have a serious vaginal infection or is it just yeast?

Hi, I’m experiening thick white discharge that does not smell foul. I put a flash light to see if something was wrong & there are dry small balls of discharge, It kind of burns right now. I don’t know if this has anything to do with it but I have small bumps under my  tongue. I get cold sore...

Last reply
  • What do these sores look like to you...

I wore a thong the other day under my leggings on a very hot day. (Mind you I’ve been walking around outside all day) didn’t really think nothing of it. The next day I had sort of an itch. It wasn’t too bad, just felt as if it was a little rug burn, which happens regularly if I wear a thong too long...

Posted
  • Terbinafine will taste return

Have been on 250mg for 5 weeks for skin infection. Have now lost all sense of taste and miserable as choosing not to eat as dull and boring. I am choosing to stop medication now as nothing is worse than this and i fly on holiday tomorrow. Does anyone know if my taste will return to normal and how long...

Last reply
  • Terbinafine

I have stopped taking Terbinafine over 18 days ago after taking it for 5 weeks after I noticed loss of taste. I am amazed at the lack of knowledge on this drug. I called my Dr's office only to find out that she had never heard of this side affect and really had no advise for me. I also called 3 pharmacists...

Last reply
  • How bad is your thrush during a yeast infection? *Graphic*

I had bacterial vaginosis followed by a yeast infection last year and it wasn't as bad.. the yeast infection was noticeable by a cottage cheese like discharge with no smell. This time... same thing happen bacterial vaginosis and soon after I am noticing yeast infection symptons. But, this time it...

Last reply
  • suspected bacterial/ fungal infection

Hi guys,  As briefly as possible.... I have had on an off theletes foot forever. I also have seb derm on my scalp. Recently I've developed gum problems and very recently I've developed a rash on my penis which is now smelling mildly fishy.  In the past I've also had jock itch...

Posted
  • Foot Injury Questions

I went to the emergency room a week ago and they told me it was just a contusion (deep bruising) but it was still hurting after a few days so I went to an orthopedics and he said I had a minor dislocation and should rest 1 day and then I can run again. But the area around my arch hurts when I bend it...

Last reply
  • IBS on anticandida diet? Food or die-off?

Hi! I've been following anticandida diet for cca 2 months. After die-off which occured a month ago and lasted for about 1 week, my symptoms got better but the new issue started to bother me: digestive issues. I have frequent stomach cramps, nausea and frequent soft stool (3-5 times a day). I feel...

Posted
  • UTIs and Yeast Infections Once a Month??

I am 18 years old and for the past year, I experience a week or two of pure pain when having to use the restroom. It burns when I pee and at times it has itched, stung, and I've had thicker discolored discharge. I am sexually active, and I have been for a long time, at least since I was 13. I thought...

Last reply
  • Hair like fungus on my Back

- Today I found hair like fungus on my back. As reported by my room-mate, it was there for more than a month but he thought it was hair growth only (please see the picture). - Features : Hair like strands embedded in skin, black in color, no allergy or itching, no rashes, can be pulled from skin very...

Posted
  • Fungal Infection? and Dermal

Hello, I though that I might have a fungal infection in the genital area. I had some Dermol lotion in the bathroom and decided to try it. It seems to be working. I know that it contains a chloride and hexidine based products, which are antiseptics, but can it also have anti-fungal effects?. I know...

Posted
  • Tinea advice

Hello been told I have TV, been given nizoral 2% shampoo to use for 5 days; I'm confused how I will know it's worked though as everywhere says the lighter patches stay for months. Is there anyway to tell the treatment is working?

Posted
  • Voriconizole and alcohol

Hi guys, This is my first post so hopefully I can get some advice. I have been taking Voriconizole 200mg for 8 weeks twice a day and though i know I'm not to drink alcohol with it, I decided to the other night when catching up with a friend whom I haven't seen in a while. Long story short,...

Posted
  • How can I be sure that my ringworm is gone? Tinea Manuum

I've been suffering from ringworm on my left index finger for a little over a month now and have been taking Terbinafine pills ever since July 5th. I went to the doctor again on August 2nd, who then did a KOH test and said he did not find any fungus under the microscope. I asked if I could still...

Last reply
  • What to do now to prevent a bacterial/yeast infection *tips*

I am finally cleared from my bacterial/yeast infection. Thrust and symptoms are practically gone. Now, is the time to take the steps to avoid it from coming back. I still don't know what is the true cause(s) yet, so I am going to assume it's some where along the lines due to my period,sex,lack...

Last reply
  • Weekly Yeast Infection!

For the past 2 months I have a vaginal thrush infection weekly! Driving me insane been to the doctors and was tested for yeast and Bv. They said it was just candida. I have one 'sore' it's a white lump on the side that won't go. The doc has given me weekly pessarys but they return. I...

Last reply
  • I have an issue with my vagina.. herpe?

Hey so  a month ago after a painful intercourse, my boyfriend notice this thin at the entrance of my vagina. It looked like a sore or cut! I looked it up on the web they were talking of yeast infection or herpes. None of the pictures actually looked like it except for a cut... so I went to my doctor...

Last reply
  • Taste loss ongoing with terbinafine

Hi I am female 50 years old and 7stone 12lbs.  I took terbinafine with no problems for 4 weeks but then my taste distorted.  I stopped this drug 5 weeks ago and I still cannot taste much apart from coffee and celery!  I am becoming depressed and now have stomach pain due to me not eating...

Last reply
  • Headache for 4 months - ear and sinus pressure (Candida?)

Hi! I'm a 26 year old female with no serious health issues until recently. It all started 4-5 months ago. I was constantly sick, had 3 flues in 1,5 month and normally have them once or twice a year. For my first flu I took antibiotic and for the other didn't take any medicine. My blood results...

Last reply
  • Recurrent yeast infection or herpes?

Hello all, For the past three months I've been having what appears to be a recurrent years infection. The symptoms will go away with my period only to return a few days after it is over. I have taken monistat 1 and monistat 3 which appeared to work for a week but again the symptoms returned. I was...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.