Skip to content

Fungal and Yeast Infections

Also known as Antifungal Medication, Aspergillosis, Athlete's Foot, Clotrimazole, Econazole, Fluconazole, Isoconazole, Ketoconazole, Miconazole, Nystatin, Ringworm, Terbinafine, Tinea, Yeast Infections

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Yeast Infection Help

So this all started about two months when I got a UTI, and I was prescribed ten days of antibiotics.  Half way through the antibiotics, I started getting signs of a yeast infection-itching, redness, burning when I urinated.  I called the doctor, and they told me to use some over the counter...

Last reply
  • been depressed a lot lately .. clitoris swelling and slight burn

before my my period or even when im stressed out my clitoris would get irrited , inflamed a bit also burns.. it stings when it touch the outter layer of skin around my vagina .. I’ve had chlamydia before but got tested last week and was negative for everything .. apparently the antibiotics helped but...

Posted
  • Possible oral thrush!?

So I’ve recently just finished taking 3 courses of antibiotics at one time for a horrible kidney infection I had a few weeks ago. And recently I’ve felt like I had food or something stuck on the back of tongue... fast forward a few hours, i look in the mirror to see what it is, and it’s this gross white...

Last reply
  • Is this a yeast infection?

I have included what type dr's my symptoms what treatments and explained what is currently going on. I have added the NSFW pics link at the bottom of the post.  Me 37  Male, Caucasian, 5'11" 455 pounds non smoker *never smoked* Non drinker, Never done any drugs. but otc and what...

Posted
  • INFLAMED PURPLE PENIS RIM AND RED BLOTCHY GLANS

Hi. I have been experiencing issues for quite a few months now regarding purple inflammation around penis rim and red blotchy glans (please see photos). These symptoms have been consistent for about 6 months (noticed when i pulled back my foreskin for the first time). The doctors maybe a simple option...

Posted
  • Red, painful, tender skin around vagina regions, what is it?

I’m a 12 year old girl, and i presume i May have a yeast infection, however i do not feel pain when peeing . I only feel pain when my skin around my vaginal regions are being touched. Its red, too, which may be a factor. I have had a yeast infection before, and i know what it feels like, and the overall...

Last reply
  • Terbinafine - severe skin rash reaction

I started taking Terbinafine 3+ weeks ago for a toe nail fungus.  I woke up one day to a bizarre rash over my torso.  Went to the doctor and no one could figure out what it was.  Over a couple days it got extremely bad, spread over my body.  I've stopped taking the drug, am on...

Last reply
  • Terbinafine Loss of taste

I had taken terbinafine for about six weeks for a toenail infection when my sense of taste pretty much completely disappeared over the course of 3-4 days.  I have a vague salty/bitter taste in my mouth, but nothing tastes of anything....sweet, salt, bitter...all gone.  I can put pure sugar...

Last reply
  • Pink discharge with Canesten?

Hi all- my doctor advised me to use the three day canesten treatment with the cream for a yeast infection. This afternoon, after 2 tablets, I had a very small amount of light pink discharge? Almost like bubblegum in colour, and chalky like the rest of the discharge I've had- however it was white...

Posted
  • Reoccurring yeast infections

I have been experiencing reoccurring yeast infections for the past year in the last 7 months it has been almost everyday of the month (expect during my period) the pain comes back after my period is over. I have been to several doctors who have prescribed me creams and anti biotics. these may work for...

Last reply
  • Fungal nail infection

After nearly 10 ten days travelling some new places, I've found myself develop a fungal infection on my toenails and my feet. I might get it from a public pool when I was walking around all day exploring a new city. My feet started to become warm and sweaty. After returning home, I noticed extremely...

Last reply
  • Yeast infection, herpes, bacterial vaginosis?!?

Hey y’all, so I’ve recently been diagnosed with a yeast infection. I was prescribed by my doctor diflucan 150mg (the single tablet). Prior my visit with the doc I had all symptoms of a yeast infection; itchiness, swelling, and nasty discharge. Typical, the day after the docs I noticed around my clit...

Last reply
  • Fungal infection

Over a month ago I burst out in a rash all over my body under my arms and on my stomach and back I went to the doc and he said it's fungal infection he prescribed me nizzoral shampoo and lamisil cream I used it and skin was improving then when I finished it the rash appears red back more itchy and...

Last reply
  • Severe Yeast infection or something else now?

Last year I have been getting chronic yeast infections, every month or other month, took diflucan and it cleared them up within a week. Just last month I had unprotected sex with someone and 1 day later I had the feeling of a yeast infection coming on, did not know if it was one yet so I had sex that...

Last reply
  • Is this fungus or is this normal?

2 months ago I got my nail removed for an ingrown nail. I bought fungus cream cause my nail started developping fungus. I’ve been using the cream for 1 month now and i think it’s gone but Im not sure, is this yellow thing fungus or os it normal ? https://www.noelshack.com/2018-14-7-1523147249-fe29d917-ccab-4e89-a059-147b22c8457a.jpeg

Last reply
  • What is this(pics attached)

Weird rounded patch on penis. Intense itching when rubbed lightly and during masturbation. There are protruding black spots near the periphery. If anyone could identify it.

Last reply
  • Toenail Fungus Remedies?

Hi all, I picked up the a nasty toenail fungus about 10 years ago. Its remained on my big toe for about 9 years, this past year it has spread to 3 other toes. It actually started on the top of the nail with tiny white speckles. Over the years it has moved to underneath the nail, and if i dont remove...

Last reply
  • Terbinafine will taste return

Have been on 250mg for 5 weeks for skin infection. Have now lost all sense of taste and miserable as choosing not to eat as dull and boring. I am choosing to stop medication now as nothing is worse than this and i fly on holiday tomorrow. Does anyone know if my taste will return to normal and how long...

Last reply
  • Headache for 4 months - ear and sinus pressure (Candida?)

Hi! I'm a 26 year old female with no serious health issues until recently. It all started 4-5 months ago. I was constantly sick, had 3 flues in 1,5 month and normally have them once or twice a year. For my first flu I took antibiotic and for the other didn't take any medicine. My blood results...

Last reply
  • Ringworm of the scalp

I have a raised itchy and painful bump on my scalp. I pluck a hair out, it is brittle and looks vaguely fuzzy. The skin area around the bump is reddish and has some scaly patches. I think I might have a fungus in the scalp. What can I do to relieve symptoms and get rid of the fungus? Thanks.

Last reply
  • I have a tiny bump in my vagina

I felt a tiny bump in my inner labia near the opening of my vagina. I've been having sex with my lesbian partner two times a month. The bump does not hurt or itch, I just found it a couole of hours ago. Is it possible that this tiny bump is a symptom of hpv or std?

Last reply
  • Boric Acid Causing Spotting??

My doctor prescribed Boric Acid depositories for a weird type of yeast infection.  A few days in, I’m having spotting when I wipe after peeing, off and on. It doesn’t look like period blood. I didn’t use one last night because of it, but I still bled after peeing this morning.  I also read...

Last reply
  • how do we know if the ringworm treatment is working??

Hi, can someone please let me know what are the healing signals of the ringworm? If the treatment it's working, the ringworm is supposed to shrink in size or rather gradually fade away? If somebody who had/has it, I would highly appreciate if someone clarifies me this doubt. Thanks in advance.

Last reply
  • Blister-like rash on my foot

We went away on holiday last week and returned on Friday.  Satureday morning when I woke up, I noticed this rash on my foot.  It is neither painful, nor itchy.  I itches only when I touch it, otherwise, it doesn't bother me at all.  This is now 5 days ago.  I first treated...

Last reply
  • How long does Terbinafine take to work

Hi everybody, I've been taking Terbinafine now for three weeks (eight week course) for a skin infection but i am yet to see any improvement. Is this normal only i expected to see some signs by now. Just wondering if i should visit the docs again. No side effects for me fortunately after what i've...

Last reply
  • Purple welt like rash on temple

24 yrs old and only in the past couple days has this shown up, first it started as a round welt then today it’s turned purple and about the size of a 50c coin, it doesn’t hurt and itches sometimes, I’m putting some cream on it that only seems to take away the redness a little bit, I’m baffled as to what...

Posted
  • Throat infection?

i have had some strange skin colored and yellowy dots on the back of my throat for a couple of months. I also have gotten tonsil stones which I can remove. I got really sick with a high fever of 102, body pains, very sore throat, and not a cough. 

Posted
  • Yeast Infection Pain

I think I have a yeast infection it feels like one but I am really annoyed by the fact that it seems like it’s irritated and painful in one area more than the other parts in my vaginal region. Does anyone else experience it? Please help 

Posted
  • Recurrent yeast infection or herpes?

Hello all, For the past three months I've been having what appears to be a recurrent years infection. The symptoms will go away with my period only to return a few days after it is over. I have taken monistat 1 and monistat 3 which appeared to work for a week but again the symptoms returned. I was...

Last reply
  • Yeast infections and Sexual Activity

Hey guys, super sensitive subject. When I was younger I used to rarely but I did experience issues with yeast and or overgrowth of good bacteria when I was very young in elementary years. As I got older it really was not a problem. But, the moment I hit the time of becoming sexually active. Ever since...

Posted
  • Remedies for Tinea Cruris

I've been hit with Tinea Cruris a couple of months ago in my inner thigh area. The condition started with just a few mosquito bite-sized bumps and gradually grew to appear like a rash of some kind. It hasn't spread much and also itches (terribly!) occasionally. Any quick and efficient remedies...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.