Skip to content

Fungal and Yeast Infections

Also known as Antifungal Medication, Aspergillosis, Athlete's Foot, Clotrimazole, Econazole, Fluconazole, Isoconazole, Ketoconazole, Miconazole, Nystatin, Ringworm, Terbinafine, Tinea, Yeast Infections

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Terbinafine Loss of taste

I had taken terbinafine for about six weeks for a toenail infection when my sense of taste pretty much completely disappeared over the course of 3-4 days.  I have a vague salty/bitter taste in my mouth, but nothing tastes of anything....sweet, salt, bitter...all gone.  I can put pure …

Last reply
  • been depressed a lot lately .. clitoris swelling and slight burn

before my my period or even when im stressed out my clitoris would get irrited , inflamed a bit also burns.. it stings when it touch the outter layer of skin around my vagina .. I’ve had chlamydia before but got tested last week and was negative for everything .. apparently the antibiotics helped …

Last reply
  • Yeast Infection Help

So this all started about two months when I got a UTI, and I was prescribed ten days of antibiotics.  Half way through the antibiotics, I started getting signs of a yeast infection-itching, redness, burning when I urinated.  I called the doctor, and they told me to use some over the …

Last reply
  • Is it okay to have sex if I have jock itch

I get jock itch and now treating it with an OTC antifungal cream. Symptoms are relieved but the condition has not been completely healed. So is it safe if I have sex during this time? Can I pass it to my sexual partner? Anyone has experience with this? 

Last reply
  • Recurring yeast infection (4 times in one year)

I started having sex for the first time in 2017 when my boyfriend visited for a few days, (we met online and are long distance and he’s visited me four times now, each time has been days or weeks long ), and a few weeks after he visited I got a classic yeast infection. Every symptom was clear, and …

Last reply
  • I have itches on my back

I have used so many drugs like Turbofine, fluconozole, and so many creams like cotromozole, luclonozole and so on. But after using it my itches were washed away.When i left these treatment it comes again. what to do?

Last reply
  • Has anyone here tried coconut oil for yeast infections?

Has anyone here tried coconut oil for yeast infections? I applied this oil directly to my affected areas. It didn't soothe my irritation, left my greasy skin and triggered tiny, painful sores around my skin areas. I don't think I'm allergic to coconut oil because I used to use it as …

Last reply
  • Can anybody tell me what this is?

So for a few days I been very itchy down there and I’m sonpranoid and acared I don’t what to think, is it herped an yeast infection I really don’t know I been researching and I just been so panicked and I thought I would share to see what you guys think, I’m going to share some pics they may be …

Last reply
  • Blisters on toes

I have several tiny blisters across the front and back of two toes. They merged on one toe and then peeled. Can anyone please advise what this is, and how to treat? Very itchy at times.

Last reply
  • FINALLY A CURE, PREVENTATIVE FOR CHRONIC YEAST INFECTIONS

I have sort of accidentally discovered a preventative for chronic yeast infections, the type you get all the time, have to watch very carefully what you eat. This needs to be shared so people will not have to suffer. To make a long story short  here it is. Take 5-7 limes, depending on blender …

Last reply
  • Terbinafine will taste return

Have been on 250mg for 5 weeks for skin infection. Have now lost all sense of taste and miserable as choosing not to eat as dull and boring. I am choosing to stop medication now as nothing is worse than this and i fly on holiday tomorrow. Does anyone know if my taste will return to normal and how …

Last reply
  • I took Terbinafine and now I have muscle and shoulder pain.

I stopped taken the terbinafine medication for toe nail fungus about 3 weeks ago but I still feel horrible ....I feel older than what I am 43yrs old. I have muscle inflammation and shoulder pain. I did have neck inflammation but it's gone since I got a shot from urgent care when I went in cuz I …

Last reply
  • I think "Jock Itch" Has spread to my hands?

So I recently went to my chemist to get some cream for a case of jock itch. The weather has been so hot lately so I assume I've been sweating more and thats caused it. Anyway I bought some anti-fungal cream for the infection. I applied it for the first time last night after getting out the …

Last reply
  • Oral Thrush?

I had it once like 6 months ago after an endoscopy and then was left with thrush. It was so painful and awful that I stopped eating or drinking and needed an IV eventually. I think I might have it again, I woke up with a really sore throat and my tongue feels like it's overed in paper cuts. I …

Last reply
  • Terbinafine - severe skin rash reaction

I started taking Terbinafine 3+ weeks ago for a toe nail fungus.  I woke up one day to a bizarre rash over my torso.  Went to the doctor and no one could figure out what it was.  Over a couple days it got extremely bad, spread over my body.  I've stopped taking the drug, am …

Last reply
  • Possible oral thrush!?

So I’ve recently just finished taking 3 courses of antibiotics at one time for a horrible kidney infection I had a few weeks ago. And recently I’ve felt like I had food or something stuck on the back of tongue... fast forward a few hours, i look in the mirror to see what it is, and it’s this gross …

Last reply
  • Yeast infection

I was prescribed one pill of fluconazole 150 mg just one day how long will this stay on my body for is for yeast infection also I was prescribed one day cream gynazole how long for that to be out of the system thanks a lot

Last reply
  • Female groin/bikini line rash!?

I have had this rash type issue in my groin area,not my labia or vagina but on the top of thighs where the crease is between my vagina legs,same patch on each side sort of,it was always dry and red but not really itchy (also I don't have an std) I assumed it was to being overweight so I lost …

Posted
  • Is this a yeast infection?

I have included what type dr's my symptoms what treatments and explained what is currently going on. I have added the NSFW pics link at the bottom of the post.  Me 37  Male, Caucasian, 5'11" 455 pounds non smoker *never smoked* Non drinker, Never done any drugs. but otc and …

Posted
  • Red, painful, tender skin around vagina regions, what is it?

I’m a 12 year old girl, and i presume i May have a yeast infection, however i do not feel pain when peeing . I only feel pain when my skin around my vaginal regions are being touched. Its red, too, which may be a factor. I have had a yeast infection before, and i know what it feels like, and the …

Last reply
  • Pink discharge with Canesten?

Hi all- my doctor advised me to use the three day canesten treatment with the cream for a yeast infection. This afternoon, after 2 tablets, I had a very small amount of light pink discharge? Almost like bubblegum in colour, and chalky like the rest of the discharge I've had- however it was …

Posted
  • Reoccurring yeast infections

I have been experiencing reoccurring yeast infections for the past year in the last 7 months it has been almost everyday of the month (expect during my period) the pain comes back after my period is over. I have been to several doctors who have prescribed me creams and anti biotics. these may work …

Last reply
  • Fungal nail infection

After nearly 10 ten days travelling some new places, I've found myself develop a fungal infection on my toenails and my feet. I might get it from a public pool when I was walking around all day exploring a new city. My feet started to become warm and sweaty. After returning home, I noticed …

Last reply
  • Yeast infection, herpes, bacterial vaginosis?!?

Hey y’all, so I’ve recently been diagnosed with a yeast infection. I was prescribed by my doctor diflucan 150mg (the single tablet). Prior my visit with the doc I had all symptoms of a yeast infection; itchiness, swelling, and nasty discharge. Typical, the day after the docs I noticed around my …

Last reply
  • Fungal infection

Over a month ago I burst out in a rash all over my body under my arms and on my stomach and back I went to the doc and he said it's fungal infection he prescribed me nizzoral shampoo and lamisil cream I used it and skin was improving then when I finished it the rash appears red back more itchy …

Last reply
  • Severe Yeast infection or something else now?

Last year I have been getting chronic yeast infections, every month or other month, took diflucan and it cleared them up within a week. Just last month I had unprotected sex with someone and 1 day later I had the feeling of a yeast infection coming on, did not know if it was one yet so I had sex …

Last reply
  • Is this fungus or is this normal?

2 months ago I got my nail removed for an ingrown nail. I bought fungus cream cause my nail started developping fungus. I’ve been using the cream for 1 month now and i think it’s gone but Im not sure, is this yellow thing fungus or os it normal ? https://www.noelshack.com/2018-14-7-1523147249-fe29 …

Last reply
  • What is this(pics attached)

Weird rounded patch on penis. Intense itching when rubbed lightly and during masturbation. There are protruding black spots near the periphery. If anyone could identify it.

Last reply
  • Toenail Fungus Remedies?

Hi all, I picked up the a nasty toenail fungus about 10 years ago. Its remained on my big toe for about 9 years, this past year it has spread to 3 other toes. It actually started on the top of the nail with tiny white speckles. Over the years it has moved to underneath the nail, and if i dont …

Last reply
  • Headache for 4 months - ear and sinus pressure (Candida?)

Hi! I'm a 26 year old female with no serious health issues until recently. It all started 4-5 months ago. I was constantly sick, had 3 flues in 1,5 month and normally have them once or twice a year. For my first flu I took antibiotic and for the other didn't take any medicine. My blood …

Last reply
  • Ringworm of the scalp

I have a raised itchy and painful bump on my scalp. I pluck a hair out, it is brittle and looks vaguely fuzzy. The skin area around the bump is reddish and has some scaly patches. I think I might have a fungus in the scalp. What can I do to relieve symptoms and get rid of the fungus? Thanks.

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.