Skip to content
Ad

Fungal and Yeast Infections

Also known as Antifungal Medication, Aspergillosis, Athlete's Foot, Clotrimazole, Econazole, Fluconazole, Isoconazole, Ketoconazole, Miconazole, Nystatin, Ringworm, Terbinafine, Tinea, Yeast Infections

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Voriconizole and alcohol

Hi guys, This is my first post so hopefully I can get some advice. I have been taking Voriconizole 200mg for 8 weeks twice a day and though i know I'm not to drink alcohol with it, I decided to the other night when catching up with a friend whom I haven't seen in a while. Long story short,...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Voriconizole and alcohol

Hi guys, This is my first post so hopefully I can get some advice. I have been taking Voriconizole 200mg for 8 weeks twice a day and though i know I'm not to drink alcohol with it, I decided to the other night when catching up with a friend whom I haven't seen in a while. Long story short,...

Posted
  • How can I be sure that my ringworm is gone? Tinea Manuum

I've been suffering from ringworm on my left index finger for a little over a month now and have been taking Terbinafine pills ever since July 5th. I went to the doctor again on August 2nd, who then did a KOH test and said he did not find any fungus under the microscope. I asked if I could still...

Last reply
  • How bad is your thrush during a yeast infection? *Graphic*

I had bacterial vaginosis followed by a yeast infection last year and it wasn't as bad.. the yeast infection was noticeable by a cottage cheese like discharge with no smell. This time... same thing happen bacterial vaginosis and soon after I am noticing yeast infection symptons. But, this time it...

Last reply
  • What to do now to prevent a bacterial/yeast infection *tips*

I am finally cleared from my bacterial/yeast infection. Thrust and symptoms are practically gone. Now, is the time to take the steps to avoid it from coming back. I still don't know what is the true cause(s) yet, so I am going to assume it's some where along the lines due to my period,sex,lack...

Last reply
  • Weekly Yeast Infection!

For the past 2 months I have a vaginal thrush infection weekly! Driving me insane been to the doctors and was tested for yeast and Bv. They said it was just candida. I have one 'sore' it's a white lump on the side that won't go. The doc has given me weekly pessarys but they return. I...

Last reply
  • I have an issue with my vagina.. herpe?

Hey so  a month ago after a painful intercourse, my boyfriend notice this thin at the entrance of my vagina. It looked like a sore or cut! I looked it up on the web they were talking of yeast infection or herpes. None of the pictures actually looked like it except for a cut... so I went to my doctor...

Last reply
  • Taste loss ongoing with terbinafine

Hi I am female 50 years old and 7stone 12lbs.  I took terbinafine with no problems for 4 weeks but then my taste distorted.  I stopped this drug 5 weeks ago and I still cannot taste much apart from coffee and celery!  I am becoming depressed and now have stomach pain due to me not eating...

Last reply
  • Headache for 4 months - ear and sinus pressure (Candida?)

Hi! I'm a 26 year old female with no serious health issues until recently. It all started 4-5 months ago. I was constantly sick, had 3 flues in 1,5 month and normally have them once or twice a year. For my first flu I took antibiotic and for the other didn't take any medicine. My blood results...

Last reply
  • Recurrent yeast infection or herpes?

Hello all, For the past three months I've been having what appears to be a recurrent years infection. The symptoms will go away with my period only to return a few days after it is over. I have taken monistat 1 and monistat 3 which appeared to work for a week but again the symptoms returned. I was...

Last reply
  • Is this herpes or a skin problem?

Hey guys so I am 19 and I am sexually active. I have been for 2 years now. Lately I have noticed really small bumps on my labia. Like they seen very small. i can feel them but when I look I i see nothing. Since I hit puberty I have suffered from bad yeast infections and since i was younger I've had...

Posted
  • What is this(pics attached)

Weird rounded patch on penis. Intense itching when rubbed lightly and during masturbation. There are protruding black spots near the periphery. If anyone could identify it.

Last reply
  • Terbinafine/Lamisil Reaction?

Hi...I've been taking Terbinafine for 30 days for and athlete's foot infection that spread to my hands and face. The infection is just now beginning to clear. Recently, I started feeling sharp little jabs or pokes that sometimes hurt and leave small red dots or odd shapes on my skin that sometimes...

Posted
  • Tearing on vagina wall

I am prone to having yeast infection whenever I had sex. I realised the cause of it might come from a tearing in my vagina wall when my ex- partner thrusting a dildo fairly quickly in and out without having any lube. Is there a cure to heal back the ineer wall? Because it seemed that every time I have...

Last reply
  • Fungus resistant to antifungal creams?

Finally became clear of fungal infection after 2 weeks on 250 mg terbinafine. Kept applying ketoconazole daily for two months, even though all areas were clear, just as a preventive of further infection. Also had boiled boxer shorts and socks to kill any remaining spores. Also periodically used ketoconazole...

Last reply
  • Groin rashes

I'm suffering from groin rashes from last two months. There is too much itching in the area. The skin colour has changed to dark red. There is itching on penis also and the groin rashes has expanded to scrotum also. Please help...

Last reply
  • Why would anyone take Terbinafine?

OK, so that's a rhetorical question but hopefully it still counts - the point being that this medication is totally not worth the pain. I began using about two months ago and reacted adversely to it within two weeks, and am still feeling the effects, six weeks later. Severe itching, blotches and...

Last reply
  • Should I be this paranoid about my ringworm? Tinea Manuum

I've been fighting ringworm for the past month or so starting with one on my neck. That seems to be gone now, but I saw something on my finger and went to the dermatologist to get it diagnosed. He said it was fungus (Tinea Manuum) and to talk Terbinafine oral tablets for a month. I am also using...

Last reply
  • My son has kerion of the scalp. Need some advice

Hi guys. I've joined the forums in a hope someone has been through something similar and can put my mind at ease. In December my 8 year old son was diagnosed with alopecia which at the time was devastating. It got worse and a month or so later I took him back and was told it was in fact ringworm...

Last reply
  • Fungal yeast infection

I am dealing with a vaginal yeast infection for 6 months. I tried 3 rounds of Diflucan and 3 tubes of Terconazole to no avail. Yesterday I started to have UTI symptoms. I saw the Dr. today and he prescribed 10 days of Diflucan followed by several weeks of a boric acid suppository. He also recommended...

Posted
  • I have a scalp infection with hair loss

About a month ago my head started itching. Hair loss quickly followed. Its getting worse with almost unbearable itching & the hair loss is extremely depressing. I am female & never thought I'd be going bald. Help!

Last reply
  • Constant yeast infections

I'm 16, I've been dealing with yeast infections almost my entire life. I used to get them when I was younger but as I got older they have been more constant and worse. I once noticed discharge on my vulva but I don't believe it was yeast, I think it was the cream I was putting on to get rid...

Last reply
  • Tinea capitis very pink for 5 months

I have tinea capitis since February. I'm been on ketacole since February and terbinafine 250 oral tablets since May 23,and no improvement, still very pink with bald spot growing slowly

Last reply
  • Terbinafine Loss of taste

I had taken terbinafine for about six weeks for a toenail infection when my sense of taste pretty much completely disappeared over the course of 3-4 days.  I have a vague salty/bitter taste in my mouth, but nothing tastes of anything....sweet, salt, bitter...all gone.  I can put pure sugar...

Last reply
  • How long does Terbinafine take to work

Hi everybody, I've been taking Terbinafine now for three weeks (eight week course) for a skin infection but i am yet to see any improvement. Is this normal only i expected to see some signs by now. Just wondering if i should visit the docs again. No side effects for me fortunately after what i've...

Last reply
  • thrush pessary made me worse?

I felt i had vagiinal thrush  so used a pessery, a canistan one.  a couple of days later im burning even more then a couple more days im getting UTI symptoms. Im now on my second course of antibiotics for the UTI, i asked dr for another pessary as the antibiotics will for sure give me thrush....

Posted
  • Ringworm problem

So my girlfiend got ringworms from a little kitten she took from the streets. I knew something was going on because that cat didnt look so good but i pet that little sh"t anyways. 2 weeks later when my girlfriend gave a cat away to someone else, I slept over her house and next day she tells...

Last reply
  • Vaginal yeast infection not lighting up after 4 days

So 25 yr old female,I have a history of IC (interstitial cystitis for those who don't know).This is a painful bladder syndrome that causes strong to severe UTI symptoms that last for several weeks at a time when they flare. It causes the usual like what you would deal with in your typical UTI-burning...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.