Skip to content

Fungal and Yeast Infections

Also known as Antifungal Medication, Aspergillosis, Athlete's Foot, Clotrimazole, Econazole, Fluconazole, Isoconazole, Ketoconazole, Miconazole, Nystatin, Ringworm, Terbinafine, Tinea, Yeast Infections

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Terbinafine Loss of taste

I had taken terbinafine for about six weeks for a toenail infection when my sense of taste pretty much completely disappeared over the course of 3-4 days.  I have a vague salty/bitter taste in my mouth, but nothing tastes of anything....sweet, salt, bitter...all gone.  I can put pure sugar...

Last reply
  • Headache for 4 months - ear and sinus pressure (Candida?)

Hi! I'm a 26 year old female with no serious health issues until recently. It all started 4-5 months ago. I was constantly sick, had 3 flues in 1,5 month and normally have them once or twice a year. For my first flu I took antibiotic and for the other didn't take any medicine. My blood results...

Last reply
  • Terbinafine - severe skin rash reaction

I started taking Terbinafine 3+ weeks ago for a toe nail fungus.  I woke up one day to a bizarre rash over my torso.  Went to the doctor and no one could figure out what it was.  Over a couple days it got extremely bad, spread over my body.  I've stopped taking the drug, am on...

Last reply
  • Ringworm of the scalp

I have a raised itchy and painful bump on my scalp. I pluck a hair out, it is brittle and looks vaguely fuzzy. The skin area around the bump is reddish and has some scaly patches. I think I might have a fungus in the scalp. What can I do to relieve symptoms and get rid of the fungus? Thanks.

Last reply
  • I have a tiny bump in my vagina

I felt a tiny bump in my inner labia near the opening of my vagina. I've been having sex with my lesbian partner two times a month. The bump does not hurt or itch, I just found it a couole of hours ago. Is it possible that this tiny bump is a symptom of hpv or std?

Last reply
  • Boric Acid Causing Spotting??

My doctor prescribed Boric Acid depositories for a weird type of yeast infection.  A few days in, I’m having spotting when I wipe after peeing, off and on. It doesn’t look like period blood. I didn’t use one last night because of it, but I still bled after peeing this morning.  I also read...

Last reply
  • Is this fungus or is this normal?

2 months ago I got my nail removed for an ingrown nail. I bought fungus cream cause my nail started developping fungus. I’ve been using the cream for 1 month now and i think it’s gone but Im not sure, is this yellow thing fungus or os it normal ? https://www.noelshack.com/2018-14-7-1523147249-fe29d917-ccab-4e89-a059-147b22c8457a.jpeg

Posted
  • how do we know if the ringworm treatment is working??

Hi, can someone please let me know what are the healing signals of the ringworm? If the treatment it's working, the ringworm is supposed to shrink in size or rather gradually fade away? If somebody who had/has it, I would highly appreciate if someone clarifies me this doubt. Thanks in advance.

Last reply
  • Yeast infection, herpes, bacterial vaginosis?!?

Hey y’all, so I’ve recently been diagnosed with a yeast infection. I was prescribed by my doctor diflucan 150mg (the single tablet). Prior my visit with the doc I had all symptoms of a yeast infection; itchiness, swelling, and nasty discharge. Typical, the day after the docs I noticed around my clit...

Last reply
  • Blister-like rash on my foot

We went away on holiday last week and returned on Friday.  Satureday morning when I woke up, I noticed this rash on my foot.  It is neither painful, nor itchy.  I itches only when I touch it, otherwise, it doesn't bother me at all.  This is now 5 days ago.  I first treated...

Last reply
  • How long does Terbinafine take to work

Hi everybody, I've been taking Terbinafine now for three weeks (eight week course) for a skin infection but i am yet to see any improvement. Is this normal only i expected to see some signs by now. Just wondering if i should visit the docs again. No side effects for me fortunately after what i've...

Last reply
  • Purple welt like rash on temple

24 yrs old and only in the past couple days has this shown up, first it started as a round welt then today it’s turned purple and about the size of a 50c coin, it doesn’t hurt and itches sometimes, I’m putting some cream on it that only seems to take away the redness a little bit, I’m baffled as to what...

Posted
  • Throat infection?

i have had some strange skin colored and yellowy dots on the back of my throat for a couple of months. I also have gotten tonsil stones which I can remove. I got really sick with a high fever of 102, body pains, very sore throat, and not a cough. 

Posted
  • Yeast Infection Pain

I think I have a yeast infection it feels like one but I am really annoyed by the fact that it seems like it’s irritated and painful in one area more than the other parts in my vaginal region. Does anyone else experience it? Please help 

Posted
  • Recurrent yeast infection or herpes?

Hello all, For the past three months I've been having what appears to be a recurrent years infection. The symptoms will go away with my period only to return a few days after it is over. I have taken monistat 1 and monistat 3 which appeared to work for a week but again the symptoms returned. I was...

Last reply
  • Yeast infections and Sexual Activity

Hey guys, super sensitive subject. When I was younger I used to rarely but I did experience issues with yeast and or overgrowth of good bacteria when I was very young in elementary years. As I got older it really was not a problem. But, the moment I hit the time of becoming sexually active. Ever since...

Posted
  • Remedies for Tinea Cruris

I've been hit with Tinea Cruris a couple of months ago in my inner thigh area. The condition started with just a few mosquito bite-sized bumps and gradually grew to appear like a rash of some kind. It hasn't spread much and also itches (terribly!) occasionally. Any quick and efficient remedies...

Last reply
  • I have Ringworm infection for 2 months....

I have Ringworm infection for 2 months.... Once I went to see dermatologist and he prescribed terbinaforce cream and  fluconazole 250mg only Tuesday and Thursday per week for 2 week.(that means only 4 tablet). But my ringworm was spreaded .  Then again I went to see another dermatologist...

Last reply
  • Redness and itchiness in the groin area. Help!

I used to get ringworm on the body and got it treated with grapefruit seed extract. But recently, I started to experience red, scaly rashes and intense itching in my groin. These symptoms become so severe that they disturb my sleep and urge me to scratch the area at night. I think it could be a...

Posted
  • yeast infection from antibiotics...

21/female I have a yeast infection currently and recently my urethra has started to become hurting itchy painful and I noticed a small white string discharge coming from my urethra! I have to wait for the gyno on thursday. Is it possible i transferred the yeast to my urethra? Is there anything I can...

Last reply
  • Yeast Infection Question

Hello So I have been suffering with frequent urination for the past couple weeks. I didn’t have discharge or really any itching. I literally have been to urolgost, my urine tested and tested over again for UTi all of which comes back negative. I went to gyno this week and turns out I have a yeast infection....

Last reply
  • Loss of taste

Getting fed up now with having no taste 6weeks since not taking terbinafine tablets. To many people this may seem minor and I know it's not serious but it's so frustrating. And over the Christmas as well!!! Is there anyone else in this situation?

Last reply
  • Recurrent yeast infection every month

Last year, I had a bad case of vaginal itching and was diagnosed with yeast infection. My doctor prescribed me some medications and it soon went away. But recently, I have started getting a recurrent infection after my period every month. I tried medications that my doctor had prescribed me...

Last reply
  • Recurring vaginal yeast infection

Has anyone suffered from recurring vaginal yeast infections.  Diflucan did not help me.  I used boric acid suppositories for a month and it cleared up.  10 days later another yeast infection.  Has anyone continually used boric acid suppositories? I see the Dr. tomorrow to get checked....

Last reply
  • Some type of yeast infection or something else? *pic*

I have an appt with my gyno on Monday, but I'm a little freaked out by all of this and want someone's opinion.  This picture is after 5 days of burning and severe itching.  The itching and burning has subsided since then, but for a few days I had trouble walking and even getting in...

Last reply
  • Needle pain

My girlfriend has been complaining about a sharp needle like pain in her vaginal area. What can it be ?

Last reply
  • I have this infection on the penis shaft

First it appeared a few weeks back and was like a dandruff and the skin was peeling. I had fungal infection 3 years back and had some medicine that weren't expired so started using it. But then it was used up so my mom(went on her own without asking) brought the refils and i applied it but then 2...

Posted
  • Terbinafine will taste return

Have been on 250mg for 5 weeks for skin infection. Have now lost all sense of taste and miserable as choosing not to eat as dull and boring. I am choosing to stop medication now as nothing is worse than this and i fly on holiday tomorrow. Does anyone know if my taste will return to normal and how long...

Last reply
  • Still no taste

I took Terbafine for two weeks for athletes foot along with the cream and two weeks later started the pills again as the soles of my feet kept splitting open. About 4 days before finishing my second prescription I realized my taste was disappearing and within two days was gone.  Everything tasted...

Last reply
  • Taking antidepressants with candida

I suspect I may have candida as I display some of the symptoms, especially depression, but I can't get a GP appointment for a while and considered taking the SSRI's I got previously. But is taking antidepressants while suspecting I have candida overgrowth a good idea? ps. its citalopram 10 mgs

Posted
  • Terbinafine not working for fungal infection

I have jock itch nd fungal infection on the back and neck also.I was prescribed with terbinafine for 42 days along with ketoconazole 2% cream.I m on 23rd pill now but yet to see any significant improvement.The bump in the groin area goes down a little but no major improvement.It is now started to spread.What...

Last reply
  • Fungal infection on my face?

Hello, I really need some help. I have an accumulation of.. something that builds up. I've removed it several times with a moisturizer + Aquaphor which softens it up and it comes off in the shower but a week later it's back and spreading again. It's all over my forehead, my nose, between...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.