Taste Loss from Terbinafine

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had been taking terbinafine for approximately 6 weeks before i noticed almost a complete loss of taste almost overnight.

i have since been off the tablets for 1 week and i am yet to notice an improvement at all.

i can honestly say this is the worst experience i have ever had. i have lost half a stone in a week and cannot rid my mouth of a constant salty taste.

Has anyone else experienced this? i am so angry i wasn't warned of this horrible side effect and i have never been so distressed and anxious in my life.

i have also read that in some cases this can be permanent.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi emma i am currently going through the same thing. took meds for 6 weeks and going on week 2 of symptoms. quit meds as soon as i noticed symptoms. did your taste come back? did the constant salty taste go away (i find that to be the most irritating part)? also did you experience dry mouth at all? need encouragement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.