any idea? butt (male)

Posted , 4 users are following.

sorry I tried to clean up as best I could . !this also goes up the sides of my testicles and in the crease under my legs.i feel the skin splits image

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

also like to add there is no itch or pain it's just very uncomfortable

• Posted

u have a skin infection see your doctor

• Posted

its really common in the groin the folds of the skin areas creases etc

• Posted

wat i suggest u do is use a barrier cream such as that they use on babies bums sudocrem or vasaline to protect the area until u can get treatment off a doctor

• Posted

I tried sudocrem it didn't help, I tried antifungal creams and I feel it would help it but would always come back. it's been around 6 months I feel with this . I went to a walk in and they gave me a fungal cream, again felt like it eased it down but came back.

thanks for your response I'm going to get my main doctor to look at it , I was hoping it would go away on its own

• Posted

Hi!

This looks pretty much like a mycotic infection (probably intertrigo, caused by Candida).

You've been having this same problem for 6 months? I'd recommend you to go to the doctor so he can make a good clinical history and investigate the reason of this chronic fungal infection. STD panels, CBC, Complete White Blood cell count and % and other tests should be assessed.

My general recommendation:

Personal hygiene, I recommend you to have 2 different towels, 1 for your feet, and the other for the body (if you can have one for your genital, it would be great). The towel should receive a nice amount of sunlight. Don't use occlusive clothing, try to reduce the humidity as much as possible.

Medication

I would be ideal to have a systemic treatment. In this case oral Itraconazol 200 mg/day for 5 days. I just don't know if this med is over-the-counter.

Hope this helps!

• Posted

hi i get it under my boobs, more simple to access i just use antibacterial soap or antibacterial dishwashing liquid give the area a clean with that and it starts to go away.

• Posted

antibacterial soap anything with antibacterial in it works great its cheap , saves doctors visits and perminatly keeps it away as lomg as u wipe the infevted area everytime u shower or keep it in the shower as part of ur routine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.