2 weeks off venlafaxine

Posted , 6 users are following.

It's been 2 weeks today since I stopped venlafaxine, feeling good although I still have an upset stomach. Everytime I eat I have to go to the toilet, anyone else had this problem??

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I hadn'really thought about it as I too go a lot more than I ever use to and that may be the reason.  I was thinking that I had been drinking Cappuccino now that it is colder and never gave it another thought.  I was thinking I could lose weight also by going more often and not a bad thing there. It isn't every time I eat though as just once or twice a day.
    • Posted

That's the bright side, hopefully lose weight lol, when I was on venlafaxine it really interfered with my bowels, I was only going once every 5 or 6 days, maybe it's just all coming out now lol!!
    • Posted

I was never a go every day person and this is different for me too but look on the bright side of being off and hopefully losing the weight.
  • Posted

Yes.  It (and I) kept on going for 3 or 4 weeks.  It sort of slowly reached a peak at around 2 weeks, and then gradually got better after that.  I didn't really feel like eating either, so I lost some weight because of that !
    • Posted

We are all in this together.  As you see what you are experiencing is not unusual.  I do hope you feel better soon.

It is 14 months since I stopped Venlafaxine.  Longest I have been without anti depressant in over 20 years.  It can be done.  Good on you.

Take care

• Posted

Wow 14 months that's great!! Well done!!! I'm feeling really good after only 2 weeks, once the upset stomach disappears I'll be much happier though lol
    • Posted

Yeah WELL Done anne2240..

You are 12 months ahead of me.Did you taper off or go cold?

• Posted

I went cold turkey once before, but this time tapered slowly over 10 months and did not get any withdrawal symptoms.  It was hard, but I am pleased with myself.  It was my doctors suggestion I try without as I am elderly and have been on anti depressants for just over 20 years.  Longest I have been without medication.  Also at my age I am not on any prescribed medication at all.

I would definitely recommend the slow taper.  It works.  How are you doing?

• Posted

I have had the same problem. Stomach cramps included. 3 times a week above and beyond. Took about three months to wean off of the drug . I had been on effexor 12 years . Have been 2 weeks without. Yay!! Still have minor brain zaps and a buzz buzz in each ear. Lol not all of the time it seems when I don't eat . Appetite and sugar cravings gone(hopefully for good). I thought most of these withdrawls would be  gone by now. Anyone else?
    • Posted

I seem to have to re-learn some behaivour that i've let go cause it didn't matter before. From others and my experience, there is an euphoria for the first phase, then you get a DAMN it WHY am I not improving everything??!!? Until you realise that somethings aren't hepening clearly any more. Sort of I learned it when I took the tablets and now the tablets are gone, I've forgotten.

I notice I have had lots of trouble with softdrink bottle caps. I drink a lot and straight from the bottle, but am fumbling and having trouble screwing the caps off / on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.