2 weeks on sertraline

Posted , 4 users are following.

okay so, ive been on sertraline for exactly 2 weeks now i visit this forum every single day looking for hope and reassurance but they all seem to be from 5+ years ago so i wanted to see if there is anyone else like me who wants someone from 2023 to talk to aha.

i started to take sertraline due to dizzy spells and panick attacks with just constant feelings of being dazed/zoned out all the time, i couldn't control my heart rate and my head was feeling full, i went to a&e at one point and was told that i had an inner ear issue but after trying medication for that nothing changed so i went to my gp for blood tests and scans and all sorts and now here i am on sertraline for 2 weeks.

the first 2 days i remember being pretty bad not throwing up but definitely increased anxiety and just feeling like a zombie then i had a run of 3 amazing days and then had a random panick attack and this week has been a real struggle, i notice very small improvements from time to time but i am definitely far from okay. i manage to go for a walk every morning at 10 am( when i take my tablet) for 2 hours get home at 12 and just wait to go to bed hoping tomorrow im better.

i dont really have a question as such more just hoping to have an open discussion with people who eho are currently taking it whether you just started or are at the same point as me or if your better.

ps . sorry i know that is alot to read but thats just my journey so far feel free to share yours with me.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

it can take a long time to settle. i know thats annoying to hear when your in the midst of the horrible side effects, but soon the good days will out weigh the bad. im 8 months in and i have had a good solid 4/5 months now. i still have my moments and its hard but it will get better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.