2 weeks post anterior cystocele surgery should I feel so 💤 😓 tired?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I wondered if anyone who has had this surgery experienced this?

I have no energy and am tired all the time.

I am 60 and normally on the go all the time so its driving me mad being like this!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

yes ! the anaesethetic can make to you feel tired and the fact you have had surgery

i know it is hard but test is the answer to recovery

• Posted

Yes, rest is very important. It is just as important to move around and walk as much as you feel comfortable with. (If you "overdo" it and feel pelvic pressure or pain, then get extra rest and do a little less next time.) Walking will help with the healing process by increasing circulation, encouraging correct scar tissue formation and it will ease fatigue. Try to see a pelvic floor PT or physio between week 4 and week 6. Good luck!

• Posted

P.S. I'm 41 and was sleeping 10-12 hours per night at the 2 week mark.

• Posted

I had the same op 15 weeks ago and I still get tired at times although at my check up last week he realised that I now have urethracele(a bulge on urethra that is causing me to retain urine) so may be because of that too. Although my surgeon said that stitches are there for a long time while tissue is healing and it takes at least three months for outer stitches to dissolve so it is natural to feel tired. I am 70 and normally on the go all the time-I am back to walking my dog and going to do my horse but fall asleep at nine every night and can only do short bursts of housework.

• Posted

So sorry to hear that I am beginning to realise that getting older is rubbish!

Everything is falling down or dropping off!

Thanks ladies for your replies I just hope I am soon going to feel like having a prosecco!

• Posted

Im seven weeks post op and still feel very tired after any activity. goodness knows how im going to get back to work in 2 weeks. Im 42 and usually rushing about with work and kids. anyone else still tired after this long??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.