2 weeks post of surgery. Still tired

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had a shoulder arthroscopy and subacromial decompression done 13 days ago. Op went well with inflamed tissue removed along with some bone. Only pain meds I am on is nurofen and Panadol. My question is. I am constantly lethargic. I never slept during the day now I find myself having a nap on the afternoon. Oz this normal? Any advice? Thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm not a doctor, so take my opinion for what it's worth. But, surgery is a type of trauma to your body, and it is trying to recover from that; and that requires rest.

I had a similar surgery last fall and recall feeling exhausted for a while afterward.

When in doubt, always call your surgeon's office...a simple phone call can relieve a lot of the worry you are feeling.

Best of luck, and happy healing.

• Posted

Thank You for your response, i will try and get in contact today with surgeon, i have not seen surgeon since before surgery, only seen his assistants after surgery.
  • Posted

sorry to hear that you had to go through proceuder. Even I had the same Operation along with capsulitis release and I am on my 5th weeks running. Yeah, I had a so much pain too until 2 weeks but it started to ease off the pain after that. make sure you do home exercises that was given which helps to rescue pain. Keep icing on your shoulder. It’s normal and two weeks is too early to expect something changes , I guess. Don’t worry ! It will go away  and you will see a lot of difference as time goes by. Good luck ! 
    • Posted

Thank You for your response, pain has improved a lot in last week. Am pushing myself to do home exercises. Hospital told me i didnt need to ice the shoulder. Should i start icing the shoulder?
  • Posted

I don’t take Panafol-but tylenol (same active ingredient) used to make my kids sleepy. Have you tried not taking if for a few days?

Also, are you sleeping ok?  

• Posted

Thank You for your reply, i have not had panadol or nurofen in a few days. I am constantly wanting to just sleep. I have no energy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.