2 weeks post op

Posted , 6 users are following.

I can't believe it has already been 2 weeks.  I am doing really good.  Incisions are healing very nicely, I have had no pain, just a little discomfort.

The UTI was worse than the surgery.  I am still taking things slow and easy but all in all doing really well!

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cara.

so pleased you are doing well.

need to keep taking it easy for a few more weeks though.

Take care x

• Posted

Its so har to take it easy, I feel great and am finding it hard to do nothing.  Although by about 3 PM I find I am exhausted so i guess I might be doing too much.
  • Posted

Hi Cara, I've just come on line to see how you're doing as your positivity was my inspiration before my op. We are a week apart. I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well. I feel the same as you. No real pain post op just mild discomfort which pain killers sort out. Reading some of the things on here Cara I think we've both been really lucky. My biggest hurdle was fighting an infection post surgery and being on a cocktail of IV antibiotics For 48 hours. All good now and like you resting up. I hope everything continues good for us both and I will be thinking of you x

• Posted

I am so glad to hear that you are doing well!  I had some discomfort but I never used any pain meds, I really felt like I didn't need them so i didn't take them.  I still get tired by end of day but each day gets better and I really do feel lucky that all went well and that i am feeling so good just 2 weeks after surgery!

I hope you continue to heal and feel better eac day!!!  This journey was scarry but now thats its in the past, it is just another day I can say i beat!!!

• Posted

Glad you are doing so well Cara.

Today I have managed two walks and racked up two miles on my Fitbit, going to spend the rest of the day with my feet up taking it easy. It has been nice to have bit of normality again.

Anita x

• Posted

Thats an awesome acomplishment, GO YOU!!!!!!!!  Keep up the great work and take it as slow as you need, we will all get there in due time!

Feel good!!!

• Posted

It's so true, firsy 2 weeks were not easy but now that i am going into 3rd week I almost feel back to normal, its awesome!  And I am so happy this is all in the past!

• Posted

Did you have a TAH? Kept your ovaries?

Glad to hear you doing well.... I honestly fell better than I thought.... I am on day 1 surgery was yesterday

• Posted

No I did not have a TAH, I had a laproscopic robotic hysterectomy and had them remove everything.  First week was hard but 3 weeks now and I am feeling almost back to normal!

​Hope you are feeling well and recovering at your own pace, remember everyone is different and we all heal at a different pace, take things as slow as you need and rest.  Drink lots of water, you will be back to yourself in no time!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.