2 weeks post op- Hysterectomy and Rectocele repair- now bleeding

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey ladies,

First post, I had hoped to just lurk and read encouraging posts during the healing process to ensure me all was normal in the past 2 weeks since I had a hysterectomy (uterus and tubes) and Rectocele repair. Going against my better judgment, I let my husband drive and he hit the breaks abruptly twice. Felt my guts slosh a bit each time, and when we got home I have new blood, light spotting. Hadn't bled for 4 or 5 days. Anyone have anything similar? Dr said slap a pad on and see if it fills up. Ugh. So over it, regretting this surgery so much.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's entirely possible you popped a stitch or two. Sometimes it's best to stay around home and not subject your healing body to unusual stresses. If you had a lap procedure takes about 4-6 weeks to heal externally.  But it's important to know that your internal parts can take much longer to heal.  So give your body the chance to heal well. xx

• Posted

Hi,I'm 5weeks post op anterior repair and hysterectomy,and I have bled ever since, fresh blood...But not much,I know in the notes I was given it said that you should return to the doctor if you bleed more than a period. I too wonder if I did the right thing,my work mates urged me to do it as three of them had similar ops and said it was the best decision they had ever made. Are you still bleeding today and is it heavy? Yesterday I was reading about the vaginal cuff,which is the part that is seen up after the hysterectomy,and I've read that it can tear or worst still, come undone,and I definitely think that I should get in touch with my doctor on monday as my post op isn't till Feb 20th. Good luck with your recovery and I hope both of us wil eventually be able to say that it was the right decision to go to surgery.

• Posted

Thanks for the responses, ladies! Bleeding wasn't more than may be the size of two half dollars and stopped last night, and was just light brown residual this morning. Sore around rectocele stitches, so I am praying it was that and not internal stitches from hysterectomy. I go to my doctor for follow-up on Monday and will ask him about it.

Zohar, definitely follow up with your doctor. Everyone I have spoke with who has had a hysterectomy said after the first year and complete healing it will be worth it. Hard to see that far down the tunnel at the moment, so I'm just thinking a week at a time. The biggest surprise to me has been the lower back pain, fatigue, and gassy belly. Definitely will be a life changer with being sure to drink more fluids, no more heavy heavy lifting, eating right, etc. Just gotta listen to everyone and give my body the time it needs to heal. Prayers you get the relief you need and the bleeding subsides!

• Posted

Hello Heather

Hope you are doing better after that ride in the car with hubby.   Just 3 days ago I had a vaginal hysterectomy everything removed, uterus, tubes, ovaries, cervix with cystocele and rectocele repair.  Didn’t have any mishaps with hubby driving me home but I sure did give him driving instructions on the way home that he really didn’t like me doing.  I told him if he were in my condition he would probably do the same.  No sudden breaking please and stay well behind that car in front of you!  Ha, ha.

I can’t say I regret my surgery yet as it’s only been 3 days.  Would like to know how you are getting along so far?  Actually I do see your responses below.  Glad you are doing better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.