2 weeks post op, think the prolapse is back!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there all, I have had a posterior and anterior prolapse op 2 weeks ago and recovery was going well. Had a walk to the beach today about 400yards in total, brushed the kitchen floor and cleaned the cooker. tonight i feel a slight bulge from the vagina and I ache. Have I done too much too soon? i am 58.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Jane, I really have no idea, but suggest you get it checked?  Mine came back after about 8 months but I thought that was fast!  Take it easy and let us know how you get on, will you.  I do hope it is OK.
  • Posted

It sounds very little when you list what youve done but it probably is just a bit too much for your own personal recovery rate especially if you have been standing quite a bit. Rest up for a day and see how you feel then. If it still uncomfortable then a check up would set your mind at rest.
  • Posted

I agree with the other ladies.  I'm 59 and did not do that much activity until about 4 months...  Wishing you well!
  • Posted

Hi jane you gave done to mich too soon was you not told not to even hoover clean let alone clean a cooker sorry to be harsh but you are not to do anything !!you are too rest as much as possible a small walk is ok .your prolapse may not have come back it may well be just swelling because you have done way too much to soon . To be sure go to your gp to get it checked please please just rest up relax an letyour body heal you have had major surgery . I also had both bowel an bladder prolapse

• Posted

Thanks for the advice Julie. I will rest tomorrow and see if I feel less achey and swolen. I am so frustrated as I want to get well so much but I suppose I need to rest to get better. Back to the patchwork! 

Thankyou again, I do need this support to keep me on the right path to recovery but I get so jelous of the people who are returning to work after 2 weeks. When can you start to drive a car again? 

• Posted

Yes you ikely have.  You feel quite well after two weeks and the walking part is apparently good for you.  The other work is OK to do as well - but with rest in between.  Your insides have quite a lot of healing to do and that takes at least 6 weeks.  The prolapse is not likely back but your insides are likely swollen.  If you are really concerned though, I would call the doctor's office to make sure all is still well.  I am 71 and did the same as you did!  So been there done that.

Take care and keep us posted.

Nickie

• Posted

forgot to add Jane that I was allowed to drive in rural area in daytime after two weeks and then drive anywhere after 3 weeks.  I am not sure where you are.  I am in Canada where this was not a problem.  Seems to be OK too in the US but not so much in the UK.  You will need to ensure you get doctor's OK though so that your insurance is valid.

Nickie

• Posted

Sounds like you did far too much! The advice is to rest, rest and more rest for first few weeks. Read a book or do some sewing. What the heck does a mucky floor or dirty cooker matter for a few weeks? Health is the important thing. See your Doctor and put your mind at rest. Then buy War & Peace, sit down and let your body mend. 

I had vaginal vault and rectocele repair in June and am 57. 

• Posted

It took me sixmonths before i washed my kitchen floor.Some things can just wait!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.