2 weeks post partial knee replacement. Have no idea what I can be doing at this point. pt 3x week.

Posted , 9 users are following.

My pt says I'm going great, but to take it slow. I wanted to go to our small grocery store to pick up a few things. Family is coming for a visit. My husband said absolutely not😂??.  Dinner out? 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Two weeks? I would order in or ask your family to pick up dinner on their way over. Pamper yourself and, I agree, take it slow! Keep your feet up and let someone else do the work smile
  • Posted

Order take ours. Your husbands right. No cooking. No trips to store. Take it easy
  • Posted

2 weeks post partial - yes, I absolutely agree with your husband.  Take it easy.  Recovery is your job, just focus on that.  The rest can wait.  
  • Posted

Hi Susan,

?Look its like this - nothing - except whatever ongoing exercises you've been told to get on with, rest, ice, elevate and get the slaves going in the galley and shopping (or do your shopping online) and general house work. At that stage I had had my dressing removed, incision checked yet again for infection, my first review back in hospital and told to carry on it was healing good. I was still on pain killers. Just focus on your surgery and getting that operated leg strengthened. At that stage I was still on crutches and exercising 5 times a day. You need to focus on massaging on and around the incision line to prevent scar tissue forming. If it does form you will have a serious setback to complete and normal recovery.

?Just try and remember - you've been butchered - you haven't got a new knee - you have had a bit of bone chieseled away and an implant put in. nobody ever promised you a new knee !

?I had a partial knee replacement on 6 Nov 2015 (right knee, medial compartment). I was driving my car at 8 weeks and walking unaided and at 11 weeks I was back at work driving a bus. I needed all that time and I took my time and am glad I did - I've had no set backs at all.

John

• Posted

Hello Suzan I had mine done on June 20th at 2 weeks I went to see my doctor to take the staples out I was still using a walker all I did was put my feet up do my exercises and ice it no work whatsoever Susan you should try look up your surgery online and see the surgery you had it's not small you had meager surgery it takes my Brea away when I watch the video so honey take care of yourself and get well soon

• Posted

Hi Susan

​I too had a partial right medial on June 20th. As with Joan I had my staples out at 10 days and even at three weeks was still walking with 2 sticks. The surgeons have all done their part the rest is up to you and your family. It is imperative to put yourself first and let everyone else help you or it will be a very long journey.

​My husband has been a hero getting me ice packs in the night for the pain and doing everything i would normally do. Our main aim has been to recover. Now at almost 7 weeks I am able to walk half a mile without sticks (any longer hurts) I can ride a bike for 15 minutes and finally stand a cook for an hour. But all of this was because I took it easy in the early days.

Good Luck

• Posted

If you can stand another opinion...... why push it? I can't even imagine having a house full of company much less all the work that goes along with it. If you absolutely feel like you have to go to the store take your husband and ride in the motorized grocery cart. I did that at 3 weeks and I'll tell you I was absolutely exhausted when I got home! I honestly can't say it was worth it and I should have written a list and allowed him to do the shopping.  Let your visitors know that you're recuperating and you're counting on them  to look out for themselves  or reschedule the visit if you can.  Just having my kids over was exhausting and in 45 minutes I was ready for a nap and sent them home. I didn't even let my friends come visit.  Sleep became became my number one priority. Listen to your body, rest, you'll be back to being responsible for the household all too soon. Take this time to focus on you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.