2 weeks post total abdominal hysterectomy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, i'm experiencing icth around my wound dressing, is this normal?

0 likes, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi toapui80398.

I am entering my 6th week post op. this Sunday.

Yes. I recall and still experience a little irritation and itching. It’s probably due to the healing process. Please check with your surgeon. I have another post op on the 8th. of May,,, this Tuesday. I will also be inquiring.  I’ll follow up with the group. But, please check with your 

physician. Take care my friend.🤗💕💕💕

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had a complete abdominal hysterectomy in December of 2017. Yes!  It’s normal. It’s healing. I still will itch at times that it drives me crazy. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes, at the 2 week mark I am very itchy. I take a towel and lightly rub as to not mess with the stitches. Not sure if i should put cream or something on it.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

YES afraid so, I found a cold flannel or face washer, dipped in cooled boiled water, with an iceblock, kept my own source of water and ice especially for me, no one else allowed to touch.

Make sure its clean, just to shock the itching to a stop, nearly drove me mad, for a couple of weeks, just wanted to tear my skin off, and that was not going to help.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi.toapui80398. 🤗🤗🤗

Of course, we can chat on Facebook. Send me your name or profile name and I’ll friend you immediately!!!! 

I’m looking forward to chatting!!!!

🤗🤗🤗💕💕💕💕

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up