2 weeks post vag hyst, prolapse and repair

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 2 weeks post vaginal hysterectomy for uterine and bladder prolapse. Repairs were done as well but I'm not even sure what kind. The Dr has explained nothing so today for my appointment I want full details. I am saddened by the lack of compassion from the nurses at the hospital and the impathetic Dr 😣 I have severe tailbone pain that is radiating down both legs and thighs. Ungodly vaginal pressure that I would compare to the time of pushing during delivery; which is causing pelvic pain! I understand the pressure and vaginal pain is caused from the sutures and hopefully will go away. I am very concerned that the tailbone pain is going to be around for some time to come. I am a single mom of 3 and I am terrified of the after effects of this surgery. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. God bless all of you.

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi gia

I had a tvh and anterior repair in January but did not suffer any pain at all.

I suggest that we contact your consultant and demand to know exactly what was done in theatre.

This is standard I uk that we know what we are signing for if it's elective surgery most off The time.

This is what I would do if not was me..

Please get in touch with the Secretary off your surgeon and make appointment to see him/her.. It's your right to know,it's your body. As for the pain it sounds like nerve pain to me but please get it checked out asap. Good luck hunxx

• Posted

Thank you for the response!

I went back to the Dr's yesterday and I have an abcessed stitch. He told me that this was the reason for all of the pain and perscribed me Augmentin.

I feel it is nerve pain as well and asked for a steroid, and again he told me that it is not. I plan to get a second opinion once I am finished with the antibiotics.

I am happy to hear you did not have any pain from your procedure. I would not wish this torture for anyone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.