2 weeks postop very frustrating?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im still bleeding after my surgery was wondering if anyone has had the same problem, i hope this gets better soon it almost seems like it aint healing cause of where the stitches are .and also going to poop that ain't easy either i take stool softner every day ,i can't sit cause my butt hurts does this go away after awhile after having a rectalceil prolapse surgery

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynn

Not sure what surgery u had but I was told after anterior and posterior repair I could bleed for 3 weeks. I had my 6 week post op check the other day and I still have stitches that are yet 2 dissolve. I think we all heal in our own good time. As far as it bowels go I think movicol is the best. I've had constipation for a long time and it's better than anything else I've tried. Rest up. I've done so much resting I've put on 3kgs! Take care 😚

• Posted

I had rectalceil surgery and so far and has not been a easy recovery and i now i have to take 1 day at a time but i get frustrated .
    • Posted

Lynn

It's not an easy recovery at all. I think maybe the doctors minimise it 2 be honest. Rest and try and be patient. I know it's hard.

• Posted

Bleeding is a sign of hurting the bleed is coming through the stitches. I had the same problem about for two weeks. It will stop very soon. Your body is healing very fast....I had a rectocele surgery in February...
  • Posted

Hi x honestly it’s a really long healing process 😬 it is a major operation but you can’t see the work. 

I thought by 6 weeks I’d be fine but it’s taken me up to week 10 to feel better.

I took stool softener and also sennokot for a good clear out. Putting my feet on the peddle bin in the bathroom helped aswell going to the loo.

Bleeding did take a few weeks to stop.

I’m 38 with two teenagers and a toddler so was hard. It being able to lift her.

Please please just take it easy. I was bored and frustrated and hated being so restricted but you have to just let everyone rally around. I wish had just not been so stubborn.

Feeling swollen and sore for weeks after made me freak out as well but this forum really helps with all the advice and support.

I originally had 9 weeks on my sicknote but extended it to the full 12 weeks. I have just gone back to work today 🙁

Any issues though then just contact the hospital if you get really concerned.

??????

• Posted

Hi Vicky how have u gone going back 2 work. I'm due back next week after 7 weeks off and I'm a bit nervous. In my job u just never know wot ur going 2 get. Wishing I had an office job right now!

• Posted

I work in a secondary school so lots of stairs and rushing about on my feet.

Since week 10 I have been doing lots of walking to build my strength back up. (A Fitbit is a brilliant buy 😃wink 

Everyone was really great when I went back yesterday  but I took the full 12 weeks as as soon as you return everyone just puts on you like normal. 

The only thing I felt a struggle with was pushing and pulling the heavy doors for some reason.

As soon as I walked in I was given folders and a pile of paper work to carry down the corridor ! I just said would you mind carrying it for me to my desk!

I couldn’t of imagined going back any earlier than 12 weeks but it was ok. 

• Posted

It's way to early to feel no discomfort.

Bleeding can go on for weeks yet hun.

Keep resting,no straining on loo and no lifting anything.by 8 wks you should see the lightxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.