2 wks on flu better now this morning worse...

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been taking flu for the last two weeks and for the last week I have been feeling better. This morning I woke up feeling bad like its coming back. Has anyone had this happen?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am on day 18 today on 20 mg fluoxetine. There are good moments and bad one...but as I see here from the people discussing it can vary until full effect up to six months and for the first changes they come between 4-6 weeks....I will stick on 20mg a day and try to distract myself as much as I could....

Hang on I think is to early We to make any conclusions about the medicine...

Regards,

A

• Posted

Thank you it's so disheartening to wake up to that feeling again sad as I've been doing so much better the last week. Praying to feel better soon, you also.
  • Posted

Yes been there. I'm now coming up to 9 weeks on flux 2 weeks on 20mg & nearly 7 on 40mg & it's only been the last couple of weeks that I've really felt an improvement. I found the 1st 4 weeks the worse increase in anxiety especially on waking, nausea, extreme tiredness, loss of appetite, headaches, & extreme anxiety if I had to leave the house. Not very nice but coming on this forum on a daily basis helped me deal with a lot if it as I knew other people going through the same thing or reaching a stage where everything was getting better. I still have not so good days but they are getting less & less - no anxiety any more just still get tired more then have rushes of energy but I feel so much better in my self. I can now go out without fear & I have returned to work work on a phase return & tomorrow will be the start of my third week & now doing 5 hours a day. So stick with it because it's not an overnight remedy & takes about 6 weeks upwards before you start to feel like your old self. Wishing you all the encouragement & support & keep posting on here because you are not alone xxx
  • Posted

Hi Nicole

I totally agree with vajaja the worst 4 weeks are terrible but things will improve, I started to feel better at around 6 weeks only slightly but things started to improve. I'm week 13 now 4weeks 20mg 9 weeks 40mg and I'm feeling so much better almost back to normal!! I have so much more energy & some days even forget Iv been ill something I never thought was possible a few weeks ago.

Stick with it, it is a long difficult recovery but certainly worth it when you get there.

I hope you start to feel some improvement soon.

Take care

Katie x

• Posted

I think this early in you are bound to get good and bad days. I started 4 weeks ago and up until recently I was lucky to get good "hours" not days. This have stabilised a bit now and I am going to stick with them even though I still have some really bad times, they are not as frequent. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.