2 years 1 month and counting

Posted , 7 users are following.

It's definitely got better over time, but I'm still sick. I'm still fatigued and depressed.

Ever since mono started, I wasn't able to hold a job. Changed 6 jobs in the last 2 years.

I wonder if I'll ever recover.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am not saying you do bot still feel ill and have symptoms and such believe me i understand but have you you tried to see about doing something about the depression and see if it fixes some of the fatigue. They kind of go hand in hand i believe. I am not saying go get medication for it because i myself do not like pills and medication but maybe try something else.

• Posted

hey there – July will be two years for me and I still have the horrendous muscle fatigue. I had a mono diagnosis in the beginning and then after seeing a bunch of different doctors I finally had extensive Lyme testing done and it turns out I also have Lyme disease. Which sucks but it also means we can try treatments. So far I’m about 20% better. I still can’t exercise or do anything to active but I can do regular day-to-day stuff. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. it is by far the hardest thing I have ever endured in my life.

• Posted

hey Lisa, what kind of testing have you done? Can you recommend anything specifically?

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

I'm pleased to see a post from you as have still been keeping you in my prayers and hoping and praying that God will pull you through this Lyme disease and bring you back to full health again - I still believe God will do that for you Lisa, even if it takes a little time.

You've been through so much and just wanted you to know I was still thinking about you, and I hope there are good forums out there for Lyme with people who are supportive and encouraging - and of course please remember you can message me any time if you just want to chat or whatever, and hoping so much that you can see a real breakthrough with your recovery over the coming period.

Hang in there Lisa - God still has good and healthy plans and purposes ahead for you, rest assured.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you so much Craig! The only upside of being sick this long is that you start to learn how to manage it and not freak out all the time. Still have high hopes that I will regain full activity again. My biggest trigger is just overdoing it exertion wise. ( I gardened a bit for 30 minutes two days ago and I’m paying for it now , for example ) My doc is pretty positive that we will put it into remission so I’m taking that as a good sign! Your kindness as always means the world. I hope things are looking up for you as well! And that summer time in your part of the world is full of beauty and possibility!

• Posted

Hey Lisa,

I definitely think you're showing real courage and bravery in how you're handling everything you've been dealing with, and you know I share your high hopes that you will regain full activity and health again. I really believe you will Lisa, this has been a horrible journey you have been going through I can only imagine but I still believe God is at work and that even though it must be so hard to see it now that something amazingly positive in the long run is going to come out of this awful and trying experience.

It must be so frustrating when trying to do things to help yourself like some gardening an then paying for it afterwards, I remember that kind of thing from mono and it's so hard to cope with mentally it really is.

Lisa, I am CONVINCED it's not always going to be this way for you, I believe there is hope and I believe in your recovery, and plan to keep you in my prayers. Please message any time, you are a blessing to this forum, even though I know it's other issues you are dealing with now you are so welcome here and we care and want to see you get well - which I still believe that you will with some time.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Gulja,

So sorry to hear that you have been dealing with this dreadul virus for 2 years, it's only understandable that you would be feeling fatigued and depressed and so weary. Hoping and praying so much that you feel better soon and for breakthrough with your recovery, God is the great healer I believe He is going to pull you through this Gulja.

I want to reassure too that I've read stories of many people on the site who were still struggling quite badly at the 2 year mark, but had seen real improvements and steps forward by 3 years. There is still hope for recovery, I've learned that people recover at different rates from this and for some people it can unfortunately take longer than others, but that doesn't mean to say that you won't get there or recover, hang in there and just hoping and praying for a better time ahead.

One thing that helped me greatly during recovery was taking vitamins and herbs - a good strong multi-vitamin per day (I take Immunace Extra here in the UK), a B100 complex vitamin and/or Co-enzyme Q10 (great for nervous system and energy levels), higher doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng and echinacea. Of course please do make sure you check for any interactions with other conditions / medication before starting any vitamins / herbs, that's so important - I'm no expert just going on things that helped me and my own research - seeing a herbalist can also be a good idea and helped me a lot too for the right advice / info/

Hang in there Gulja, thanks for taking the time to post and just want you to know that I believe that you will get better and get back to good and full health again with some more time. Trust God with this, I know it was only down to Him that I was able to get through this dreadful virus and recover. It's a really good forum here with kind and understanding people who know what it's like to go through this virus and who give encouragement and good support / advice - definitely message any time feeling down or want to chat or have any concerns Gulja - thinking about you and remember there is hope because of Jesus - He is the great healer.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.