2 years 9 months with MONO

Posted , 3 users are following.

April 2017: Initial symptoms appeared: fatigue, constant headache, low fever, red eyes

May 2017: Head pressure added to the initial symptoms and puffy and droopy area above eyes

June 2017: Crazy feeling of sleepy head and stomach issues, as well as never taken before daily naps. Eyes feel sleepy and dry. Take naps in my car during lunch breaks. Feel despair.

Meanwhile I was tested to everything under the Sun

October 2017: constant low grade fever gone but head pressure and fatigue still there

2018 and 2019: Keep losing jobs due to inability to concentrate and that fatigue

2020: Hopeful that's the year when the disease ends. As of January 2020, I still take daily naps. Area above eyes is still puffy and droopy. Head pressure is gone thanks God. Able to hold a job now with lots of rest after work and on weekends.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried seeing a functional medicine doc in your area? I would look into that. It might be worth your time and money. You have to hit the reset button on your body, Only eat clean foods, tons of water, vitamin b shots weekly, take L-Lysine supplement and try light physical excersise.

• Posted

i got sick december 2016. i had the exact same issues as you. the struggle is still there. i worked through most of the illness. i am better than i was a year ago but not 100 percent.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.