2 years after bunion surgery, still having issues

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, all! I had my bunionectomy done 2 summers ago, and I completely regret having it done. I'm having way more issues now than I was before the surgery. My big toe is stiff so it won't go down all the way. I still have pain a good bit and even have the nerve pain from time to time. My balance has been thrown off and it swells when I've been in it too long. It's uncomfortable to walk in my house without shoes on. Does/has anyone have the same/similar effects? Thanks, everyone!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi! I am new here and just saw your post. I’ve had a lot of similar symptoms as you and it’s been almost a year and a half since my first surgery, and a year since my second surgery. I ended up with my big toe now too short and throws off the distribution of weight on my whole foot.

Do you wear orthotics? i just got refitted for new ones and have to wear them even just around the house.

I also really regret the surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.