2 years after falling onto concrete, all weight on knee, pain still there when running

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I am a 22 year old female. A couple years ago I fell hard onto my knee, onto a peice of chunky concrete. It was on a construction job. Anyways, all my weight onto that knee.. I was able to walk on it, but barely. It was very bruised and swollen, and the kneecap appeared a bit pointed at the time. I fell on it a few times after that ( usually not accident prone ) I'm guessing because of the week knee. Anyways, I haven't had manyyy problems, aside from running/jogging, standing on it for long periods of time, crossing legs for long periods of time, and sharp pain when running up stairs, when lifting my leg. There is also a little bump I can feel below my kneecap that I can somewhat move around. I'm getting tired if this and want to get back into rugby, but obviously not an option right now. Has anyone had a similar injury, and could tell me how to rehabilitate it, of what the treatment was?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You need an MRI scan to see the finr details that an x ray/ ultra sound scan cannot detect. Please don't let the dr pput you off getting the correct diagniosis. Why hasn't your dr already done an MRI scan, you are too young to be putting up with all of this, it neds sorting now.

• Posted

Hi Natasha

I think you've put up with this for far too long! I agree, you need a proper diagnosis. Wish I could be of more help, hang in there smile

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear about your knee, I'm 50 and have only had a TKR so experience of what you going through with knee cap bt agree you need to push for what is going on inside your knee. If you can rest it when you can, elevate it and ice it when sore and uncomfortable. Let us know how you get on. Take care s x

• Posted

Natasha

Might be an ideal opportunity if doc on holiday to ask another dr in the practice for a referral for an MRI scan.

?Sometimes a local private dr will do a referral to NHS. if going privately is not an option.

?Main thing is to find out what eactly is going on with your knee. Fo goodness sake don't let drs fob you off.

?Others on hre can advise you better on pain control but please please get another dr asap.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.