2 years - im scared

Posted , 2 users are following.

[color=violet:f746b0b5a6]i am so glad i found this site

i can't tlk to any1 about this, they don't understand!

i have always been a girl that didn't like to show off or walk around with low tops

i got PR 2 years ago, about summer time. i think it was stress from a bad relationship. i was 13 and confused. it started out of nowhere.

Now 15, i haven't been able to live the life i wanted. PR has completely destroyed my confidence. I am only a teenager.

I'm quite petite and that has my confidence at an all time low so PR just buries it 10 ft underground

i don't have the confidence to tlk to boys anymore. i think that they won't like me for whats underneath.

i go to an all girls school so it hurts me more when i see pretty girls, getting changed openly for pe, while i hide and try my best to not let them see me.

i have it on my chest, legs, back, neck, stomach...most places.

i have to be so picky about my clothes and when i go shopping with my friends, they buy these amazing clothes while i live in baggy t-shirts that cover everything.

i am getting really depressed.

it isn't red anymore.

i am brown skinned so its turned more light-dark brown. I have small flat circles everywhere.

i can't go in a sunbed because my skin will go darker and i'm already dark enough!

i don't know what to do. i haven't seen any improvenment in a year.

and my dermotologist just keeps giving me cream that doesn't work.

i'm scared it won't go until i'm older and well i want to live my life.

have the choice to wear low cut tops and have to not analyse clothes before i buy them.

i want to go out and have a good time, instead of sitting in the corner.

i want rid.

any1 help? sad [/color:f746b0b5a6]

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear a girl Xx,

May I know what race are you ? Why you considered your skin as dark skin ? I also a PR patient now. But I really BELIEVE emotion will affect alot on our condition.

I do understand your feeling , because I undergo the same too right now. I love to wear low top , mini skirt, bikinis etc etc .. but I can't do all these during these period. But I always remind myself , \"Good things go to those who wait\" I wake up everyday for another beautiful beginning. You must always stay positive.

Nowadays , I take care of my diet , try to take less seafood and choose those attire which is 100% COTTON. By the way , what cream did your doctor give you ?

• Posted

Dear JF84

i am indian

and i have been told i have dark skin before

umm miconazole cream i think

apply twice daily

:lol:

and thanks for the advice

xx

• Posted

Dear a girl Xx ,

As far as I know , Miconazole cream is an anti-fungal cream. I guess it's not too suitable.

I'm currently using two creams prescribed by my doctor:

1. Efficort® hydrocortisone aceponate , 0.127% , 30g (for anti-itch)

2. Nutraplus® urea (10%) lotion , 200ml (for dry skin)

Maybe you may try ?

Take care of your diet and stay happily :D

• Posted

Gurl.. it sounds like its not on ur face.. so b happy for that

because mine is allll over my face neck arms evrywhere

im also brown skinned. Im black african. Gurl. Trust in Jesus and im tellin u he will heal u. I went to see my pastor and he blessed this soap for me which he calls bible bath. I used it the second i got home so now ive been usin it for 2 and a half days. I bath twice a day and i am sooo happy with the results. The rash is drying up and falling off and i can say that in about another 2 or 3 days it will be gone. Go 2 ur pastor or priest and ask him wot u can do. Prayyy.. just like in the Bible where we learn that Jesus healed the blind and those with leporacy Jesus can heal this 2. God bless x

• Posted

Hi

I have suffered with this condition 4 times now, it starts in the spring and again in the Autumn. However, my doctor and I have discovered that antibiotics (erythromycin) clears it up immediately.

Hope this helps.

Louise

• Posted

I was so sad to read your story, i am 21 and have only had the condition for a couple of months (it appears to be improving recently) and it has felt like the longest 2 months of my life!

Try 1% hydrocortisone cream on the affected areas (it can leave skin blotchy in terms of different colours, but this fades over time).

I have found that moisturising every morning and every night has helped, and more recently i have tried gently exfoliating with fragrance free products.

Luke warm showers are the way forward - anything too warm always makes it look more angry and red, especially after a bath.

Sunbathing/being outside on a nice day does help - not necessarily to tan (I never sunbathed between 11am-3pm)

If it is itchy, then DO NOT SCRATCH, I know it made mine worse!

As for your confidence with boys, you are only 15, boys can wait! I really hope it clears up for you very soon - it must be awful and I am sure we all sympathise!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.