2 Years Post TKR New Discomfort

Posted , 4 users are following.

My knee has been quite painful over the past couple of weeks. I say my knee but it’s actually. from the bottom of my knee going down my shin. It feels like it’s twisting and it really really hurts. It’s kind of how I’d imagine it to feel if the cement had come lose. Gosh! This is really hard to explain but has anyone else experienced this kind of thing?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ask your PCP to order an AP & Lateral X-ray of your knee. You might have a loose implant. I did after 19 1/2 months! I had the same symptoms.

• Posted

They will. I am in the process of picking a surgeon that does revisions.
    • Posted

Hello Cementless, Thank you for replying to my post,. Does you knee hurt all the time or just on certain movements? 
  • Posted

My knee hurts/feels sore when I get up from a sitting position, bend over to touch the floor, rest and turn over in bed. Walking helps more than not walking but I don't walk a lot. In all fairness, just finished Metal Patch testing and it shows I am allergic to Cobalt! My whole knee replacement is made out of Cobalt!!! It has to be removed. Prior to my LTKR, I had an Orthopedic blood analysis done to see if I was allergic to metals and bone cement. It showed I was mildly allergic to bone cement. I had a cementless implant. The Cobalt almost was the same level but my orthopedic surgeon did not concentrate on that part. Thus the knee must come out and be done with a 

knee Oxinium Oxidized Zirconium implant.

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear this. It sounds like you are having a really tough time and with no option but to go through it all again. I wish you all the very best x

Going to book an appointment with my GP and see what they say.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.